Road to 100 losses, let's go.

Despondency

fc161d070a6a3ff5a5270366f42db569.png

Funnily enough, for the longest while I was 7/0, then 12 Summoners in a row, then 8 Destroyers, then 6 Kung Fu Masters... then we went back to Summoner.

The instant I see: Assassin, Kung Fu Master, Destroyer, or Summoner as my opponent I just give up. At that exact point, I find that sorting my inventory is a better thing to do.

1 minute ago, Victorion said:

Whats your level, class and gear?

You do know, that low levels have less skills, and soul shields and weapons play a part too - apart from just learning combos and technique?

Actually, your gear doesn't play any part in PvP. It does make a lot of difference to grab all of your core skills before jumping into PvP though.

OP is just refusing to git gud.

My record beats your's OP, I'm 0/75, no I'm not kidding.  However, that's not because I'm trying, I only ever just afk to get my arena daily done.  Then a few times I just started doing the arena to see how long it would take various classes and levels to kill me.  Fun fact, fastest kills across the board was by really aggressive KFM's, slowest kills were usually destroyers or people realizing that I wasn't doing anything.  I haven't done anything but alt tab in every arena match I've gotten in to.

It's perfectly normal to lose a lot when you're learning. This isn't like your usual MMO where you can take PVE knowledge into PVP and become proficient in a few hours. I played a beta weekend and some time on TW servers and my record on NA is still something like 50wins/90losses right now. 

If you blame your losses on the class you're fighting and keep giving up, you'll never improve that win/loss ratio. The problem isn't the class, it's you. Don't take it as an insult... like I said it's normal to lose a lot while learning. The main reason for that is that you don't know those classes and how they work, which is required to know how to beat them. Some options to get better:

• Find matchup guides on youtube and/or bladeandsouldojo forums and study them. 
  • Make friends with people who play those classes and spar with them while in voice chat so you can discuss what is happening and learn. 
  • Roll one or more of those classes yourself and learn it while leveling. This gives you the opportunity to see how much greener the grass is, also. 
  • If you haven't already, level up to 45 and try again. 

Also keep in mind that with the ELO system in place, you are expected to lose roughly as much as you win in general. If you're winning more than losing, you'll just go up in rank until that turns around. Don't let losses hurt your butt, make them learning experiences. 

Like Kutsuu mentioned the pvp in BnS requires a lot of experience. For each class you face you can basically adjust skill points. There is barely a setup that works against everyone. (view as sin - rating around 1700 - 250 matches )

For example I do like 30 matches each day and everyday with a different Setup of skills. Then I think about how this setup worked against the different classes. I took quiet some defeats because a skill setup simply didnt work at all against specific classes but I think it's the only way to learn properly.

However I also think that there are some things broken. Yesterday a KFM kept me in stun or whatever from 33k to death and I couldn't do anything. Nothing at all. I could only watch.

Every class has weaknesses. Instead of just giving up, you should try and learn what they do. Most classes have a basic routine they tend to follow, like assassin's using their counter after blinding you.

Don't get frustrated, you won't ever get better at PvP unless you try to learn.

PvP in B&S has a very steep learning curve. The crowd now at open access is actually a lot easier than the one I had in CBT, where many players had some previous Asian experience with the game. Try use the spar function with friends your level and who have been playing for as long as yourself - that will help you to learn more structuredly than being randomly matched up.

Oh and by the way, since rank gain-loss increments are dependent on rank, you actually can have a stable rank and have a non 50:50 ratio. For example, 30% win rate will keep you at around 1400, 50% will push you up to gold (1600+)

4 hours ago, Shuchin said:

=

Oh and by the way, since rank gain-loss increments are dependent on rank, you actually can have a stable rank and have a non 50:50 ratio. For example, 30% win rate will keep you at around 1400, 50% will push you up to gold (1600+)

Sorry if I was not clear. My point was not to debate the exact ratio of wins and losses to attain a specific rank, or even ballpark ratios. The point was that you are expected (and should) lose regularly when playing against other players who have a similar skill level and that it should be a learning experience instead of a butthurt experience. 

So far I'm at 7/0 on my Blade Dancer. 1 Summoner, 2 Blade Dancers, 4 Assassins... 

How I'm even winning is beyond me. The last game I played, the assassin was really good. She predicted my rushes, and used her counter stealth accordingly. That game was actually a good game. The only reason I won was because all of my CC's came off cooldown at the right time, so it was a simple air combo, dual knockdown and kill situtation.

I expect though, very soon, I'll be getting my first loss. Which I'm kind of excited for to learn what I could've done better. 

But just don't try and give up. Try your best to play! 

Archived