Anything more to this game than graphics and combat?

Zirious

I was looking for interesting MMOs to play, and currently hyped for a certain upcoming one which I won't mention because I'm not going to advertise. I found this at the same time and it got my attention. Despite having launch issues at first (first time install, update > error, which was fixed by reinstalling the installer), got it downloaded pretty fast and started playing.

Let me just say this game has the best character creation I have seen. 10/10 for Chest options and jiggles, so many face options.. funny looking options. I actually spent 30+ minutes trying to create the ideal female character with the stuff I want, but I kept messed up on the thighs, constantly deleting characters to re-do them. The classes / races are pretty damn amazing too. Despite that I HATE lolis, I like the variation between races. I also like how you guys put a 'difficulty rating' on your classes. As for combat, I am new, but it looks detailed as *cricket* which is good. And responsive. And it works.

After a while, like 3 hours, I started to feel like the game wasn't interesting. Graphics (including characters), movement skills, combat skills and story aside, is there any interesting side content, is there stuff to do other than the standard kill, level up, get stronger, kill, level up, get stronger and or PvP? PvP is not my thing. Things such as crafting, fishing, hunting, farming etc, side features. After looking at the website, the 'about' page, I have seen nothing about 'side features'. Just "Get revenge! Play as exciting classes! Do cool flips in the air!" etc

Not insulting in any way, just curious.

what level are you?

I felt the same way about the combo links and skills, I joined a clan leveled up a bit to like 24ish. Started to understand the combos more and how they work. This is actually one of the better mmos Ive played in the last 3-4 yrs.

WOW, MapleStory, Flyff, AION, DragonsNest, SilkRoad, Dekaron(not sure there, I love dekaron),GuildWarsII, 9Dragons.

Just to name a few

You seemed to have been over hyped for the game really.

As for my reason for even playing NA server cuz I enjoyed my time trying out RU one.

The crafting system doesnt entirely work as you think it would. Basically you join a crafting guild, do a quest to find an item then turn it in.

From there you can order that item on a 30min timer and receive the mats to guess what? give to an npc to "craft" you the item after another 30mins.

Unfortunately even though it is optional pvp is technically the main focus of this game, the pve is just here to prepare you for high lvl pvp and for those who dont want to pvp like you said. other then that side content is probably non-existent in the way you are looking for.

25 minutes ago, MikeyBoi said:

what level are you?

I felt the same way about the combo links and skills, I joined a clan leveled up a bit to like 24ish. Started to understand the combos more and how they work. This is actually one of the better mmos Ive played in the last 3-4 yrs.

WOW, MapleStory, Flyff, AION, DragonsNest, SilkRoad, Dekaron(not sure there, I love dekaron),GuildWarsII, 9Dragons.

Just to name a few

Level 5, and still playing.

This game does it right in terms of combat, skills, combos etc that's for sure. Sadly, I'm not huge on clans, guilds, people.. PvP..

Also, I have played SRO & Guild Wars 2.. I gotta say GW2 is amazing.

24 minutes ago, BestWaifu said:

You seemed to have been over hyped for the game really.

As for my reason for even playing NA server cuz I enjoyed my time trying out RU one.

The crafting system doesnt entirely work as you think it would. Basically you join a crafting guild, do a quest to find an item then turn it in.

From there you can order that item on a 30min timer and receive the mats to guess what? give to an npc to "craft" you the item after another 30mins.

Unfortunately even though it is optional pvp is technically the main focus of this game, the pve is just here to prepare you for high lvl pvp and for those who dont want to pvp like you said. other then that side content is probably non-existent in the way you are looking for.

Unfortunately I over hyped myself and dove into a generally PvP oriented game, which I'm not into. That's okay. The game's not bad at all, it just doesn't spark anything for me, because even though it has PvE and I love PvE, I like there to be something to hold me over while I kill / fight things over and over y'know. Maybe Black Desert can help me there.

Yes, in the opening post I was afraid to, but seeing as a reply mentioned various names of MMOs , I decided to mention it in comparison of what I actually like.

No real issue considering my post isn't in anyway attempting to flame war or troll. Just a basic inquiry.. despite that I didn't do much research before playing the game.

Level 5?  You should spend some more time to level up your character.  At least to level 30 or 40.  You will have some fun with animation cancelling and combos 

No MMO is so much fun at level 5 and besides, this game has awesome pvp and all the other pve contents from KR server will be coming to NA soon.

The real fun is when you are 30+ at the very least since majority of skills being unlocked and you can do proper combos, i'd suggest you to get there first then you can comment on, also customization takes longer than 30minutes if you want a decent looking character. I spent more than 10hours for that (made several characters).

Mhm, yeah I know. It's pretty silly to comment on the game when I'm only level 5 - I do plan on playing more, leveling more so I can experience it more for myself.

12 minutes ago, Unskilled banana said:

LEVEL 5?! x''''D Ahahhaha, I don't think black desert gives you anything more than nice graphics either. You don't seem to like mmorpgs.

I like MMORPGs, I love combat, combos, skills, PvE.. but I also love the side features. Things you can sit down and do out of the way of generically killing everything. These may be grindy, though, but it's just a preference thing. It's just from playing for a few hours, I got a feeling that there isn't much to offer in terms of side activities, you know what I am talking about here. I even looked on the game description, nothing about that stuff, but but but.. I will play it to get more out of it.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I'll see once I play this more, and once that one releases.

You can't play a game for a few hours and call it bad, besides the Graphics and Combat being enough reason to play this game rather than any other out there besides Black Desert, it has a lot more to it, you should at least reach endgame level to fathom the deeps of what this game offers to you.

Well, good thing I never actually said the game sucked or was 'bad'.

I just played for no time at all and  started to lack interest, for personal reasons as explained. Doesn't have anything to do with the game being bad. Obviously I need to play it more.

So Black Desert is also Primary focused on PvP and essspecially guild stuff. The PvE in BD is not really good esspecially since there are no instanced Areas, so as soon as you find a world boss and are excited to have a challegene, out of nowhere 20+ Players appear and kill it for you.

If you really whant to Play a good PvE driven MMORPG I can just recommend to Play "Final Fantasy 14", by far the best MMO I played when it comes to Story, crafting and PvE Content.

20 minutes ago, Fernasaurus said:

You can't play a game for a few hours and call it bad, besides the Graphics and Combat being enough reason to play this game rather than any other out there besides Black Desert, it has a lot more to it, you should at least reach endgame level to fathom the deeps of what this game offers to you.

you are in denial little fanboy, this game offers NOTHING at endgame currently beside pvp

You guys can be a bit tough, don't you think? He asked a simple question, and most of his replies came in the form of "lol level 5 gtfo". As far as I can tell this game is mostly focused on the PvP aspect. Im enjoying the PvE quite a bit, and have always been more focused on PvE content. Truth be told ive never been great at any PvP action (minus shooters). Three things you could take into account though.

1.) If the game stays successful (and this is quite a gamble, the games great but MMORPG's arent known for stable income these days), it could branch off and offer a wider variety of activities in the future. MMORPG's have a tendency to evolve as they go along, just look at the changes World of Warcraft has made in its 10 or 11 years (negative and positive).

2.) The game does have an achievement system. Im not sure how much playtime you could siphon from it, but it might be a fun way to make progress with your character. 

3.) Although I dont like pvp, I have gave the arena a chance. It was somewhat fun, even though going against summoners as a destroyer felt tough. Again I just assumed that was my lack of proficiency with PvP combat and the game though (was only level 20 when I did it.) While you dont have to go PvP crazy, the worse thing that happens is you try and fail. You never know, you may end up getting some entertainment out of it (PvP combat in the game is fun to watch, I give it that).

Combat is by far one of the strongest sides in this game. 

I enjoy it a ton! i don't like old MMO's today with the "target" combat-ish style. 

It's queit responsive and a lot more fun at higher level when u get a lot more combos and starting to understand all the talents!
Here is a pickture on my destroyer that i enjoy more and more with the levels he phast. 8MASko5.jpg

15 hours ago, Zirious said:

I was looking for interesting MMOs to play, and currently hyped for a certain upcoming one which I won't mention because I'm not going to advertise. I found this at the same time and it got my attention. Despite having launch issues at first (first time install, update > error, which was fixed by reinstalling the installer), got it downloaded pretty fast and started playing.

Let me just say this game has the best character creation I have seen. 10/10 for Chest options and jiggles, so many face options.. funny looking options. I actually spent 30+ minutes trying to create the ideal female character with the stuff I want, but I kept messed up on the thighs, constantly deleting characters to re-do them. The classes / races are pretty damn amazing too. Despite that I HATE lolis, I like the variation between races. I also like how you guys put a 'difficulty rating' on your classes. As for combat, I am new, but it looks detailed as *cricket* which is good. And responsive. And it works.

After a while, like 3 hours, I started to feel like the game wasn't interesting. Graphics (including characters), movement skills, combat skills and story aside, is there any interesting side content, is there stuff to do other than the standard kill, level up, get stronger, kill, level up, get stronger and or PvP? PvP is not my thing. Things such as crafting, fishing, hunting, farming etc, side features. After looking at the website, the 'about' page, I have seen nothing about 'side features'. Just "Get revenge! Play as exciting classes! Do cool flips in the air!" etc

this game is about repeating the same thing over and over, the only difference is its in different colours and lots of anime-friendly stuff (the reason why people are playing it cause it looks KEWL like sas-K), other than that its a complete lackluster, you are not the only one who felt that way.

15 hours ago, Zirious said:

That's just cuz you are a Blizzard PvE child , no offense .

Archived