severe lag/freeze for seconds 120fps?

legenkilla

hey guys my Pc ibuypower im running a Geforce gtx 750 TI  with 6Th Gen i5  8GB ram. during combat, even when just sitting chatting i get bad delay/lag. i will be in combat extremely smooth (running at 120FPs} then it just freezes (character can move around but i cant use any skills and cpus dont attack or move at at same as other characters/players} this happens almost every single enemy i fight atleast once. combat will be perfect then all a sudden cant use skills or do anything and cpus/characters just stop moving and do nothing. usually lasts about 2-4 seconds. i know its not my pc ( I play GW2 , skyrim,Skyforge,ect all on max settings) and i have no issues at all. my internet speed is also extremely high. i have tried minimum settings max settings full screen ,windowed mode, no matter what i do i cant get rid of it. any ideas ? have also tried wifi and hard wired as well . no difference

This is has been going on for a while now and affect a large number of players.  Your kinda on the the lucky side.   This happens to me every fight also but, the cpu can move and attack and I'm just stuck there watching myself die.  Why I hope for the server to catch up and my input register. 

Played only 30mins today cause it was just so frustrating.  

Maybe on those big rig the game don't render fast enough.Would make sense to me after all this game use unreal engine 3 which is pretty old.So it freeze because it need time to catch up. Personally i run around 55fps and everything fine here.

I can tell you it's not your PC. 

it's the server's latency.

With my GTX 780 I literally cap 120fps  but there is a delay between the time I use a skill and it actually registering. This seems to only affect melee classes though.

Keep in mind this is coming from California's 105 Mbps download, 30 Mbps upload internet.

Blade and Soul purposely opt'd out of having a Ping meter, and there's no accurate way to calculate. 

15 hours ago, RektChubabe said:

Im gonna take wild guess and say your all playing from somehere not in america ?

its called latency kids, i get in australia too, once u gove over 200ms or so the games pretty much unplayable due to its mechanics

Little bit further than @legenkilla West Coast Canada -Vancouver- but really this shouldn't be happening.  Actually remember the first day of playing the game was 100% smooth.    Did a little test today and it seems like the older larger server have slightly less lag than smaller new ones.  But so far already and someone else on the forums pointed out names that you delete are locked for a year

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2016 at 11:00 AM, RektChubabe said:

Im gonna take wild guess and say your all playing from somehere not in america ?

its called latency kids, i get in australia too, once u gove over 200ms or so the games pretty much unplayable due to its mechanics

Please, do not talk if you do not know what you are talking about. This just happened to me in Naryu Labs. It seems to happen when I use my "z" skill or "3" skill, but mostly, my "z" skill. My PC will just lag and hang. It corrects after about 5-10 secs usually. I play other games including WoW, GW2, CoD, BF, and do not have any issues. I am running a Devils Canyon i7 Processor at 4.4 Ghz, 16 GB ram 2133 speed, GTX 970 with two SSD's. I have checked my temps to make sure it was not a heating issue, and my cpu is sitting at 45 degrees Celsius when in game, GPU sitting at 48 celsius when in game, and SSD's sitting at 38 and 39 celsius respectively. This is literally the first night I have encountered it. I have rebooted PC, ensured drivers are up to date, and re-installed game and run disk scans sfc /scannow with no issues found. 

Btw, to the guy named "Rektchubabe", I live in Texas, about 5.5 hours West of Dallas (which is where the NA servers are located). I can ping multiple Dallas locales, including my works Data center just fine, so it is not an end user issue. With this many players having the problem, I am leaning more toward a performance issue on NCSoft's end. 

I've been playing BNS for about three months, everything was running super smooth. But these past three days have been horrible with lag. I can move around but i see the players stuck in the position and cant cast abilities and all of the sudden it goes back to normal and the characters move etc. The happens I'd say for about 5-10s every 5mins or so. My internet is fine, and its not a fps problem. Again, everything was running great, except for now...

Archived