Guide: How to check your ping.

Vinter

Hi! My name is Vinter, and here I am with a how to check your ping guide. This guide will be a complete one and will work for ANY online game you play. Yey!

Requeriments:

- At least one hand

- At least one brain

- At least one eye

First, we need to open Command Console

To open command console, go to any folder, and in the directory just type "cmd.exe" and press enter.

WGuNd1z.gif

If you want to know how to get the IP from any game, read below, else, skip this point.

Open Task Manager

To open the task manager simply press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and click on "Start Task Manager", or right-click the task bar and click on Start Task Manager.

wF4bR0m.gif

We need to know the process name of our game. Go to task manager, and in the tab applications right-click on your game of choice, and select "go to process". Task manager will highlight the exact process of your game.

Now with that information, go to the command console and type "netstat /n /b" <-- make sure the spaces are there

The console will show you all the processes connected to the internet, and the IP. Look for the process name of your game (in this case, client.exe)

The one you want is the one in the right-most row, just above the process name. Make sure it says "ESTABLISHED"

7O8wVSy.png

In this example, is the one squared red.

So now we have our IP.

Blade & Soul server IPs you can try:

Go to the command console and type "ping 64.25.35.100"

agG17Ac.png

And there we have it. Right now I have an average of 195ms of delay to the server. Ugh, I don't know how the heck I got to gold. >.<

Leave a like if you found this helpful!

Not sure if you can on other operating systems, but there is another (easier) way through Task Manager for Windows 10 users. However, it's not as precise as will be explained.

1. Open up Task Manager.

2. Click on the "Performance" tab near the top.

3. Click "Open Resource Manager" at the bottom.

4. Open up the "Processes with Network Activity" and "TCP Connections" windows.

5. Check the box for your Blade and Soul client in the "Processes with Network Activity" window.

6. Your Blade and Soul connections (there will be multiple) will be placed on the top of the "TCP Connections" window, where you can read the latency column to see your ping.

NOTE: There is unfortunately no way to tell through this menu which connection is your actual "playing" latency. EU players will probably see a couple high numbers and a couple low numbers. This is due to (from what I've read on the forums and such) the EU servers still using NA-based marketplace connections and the like. However, you can generally take an educated guess about which ones are the NA-based connections and which are the EU-based ones. For NA players, it's safe to just assume that the biggest number you see there is your "playing" latency.

So if I'm getting this:

LcqPpoC.png

what should I do? I've been trying to find out my problem for awhile. I can play with 0 problems every 2 days, but in between those days I have 3000 latency. I'm sitting on university internet and I've tried every single thing under the sun from forums to reddit to google. Support is taking a while to get back to me as well. Now that I'm seeing "Request timed out" I'm really wondering wtf is happening.

Edit: Wait, I can't even ping the google servers. I'm so incredibly confused.

6 minutes ago, Vinter said:

Try pinging one of the following IPs: 

Nope, same issue. Like i said though, I can't even reach the google servers, so that might be something like my university blocking me access to receiving a self-sent ping...

Yet I don't get a response even when I ping the servers from a website. So many things just... wat

Edit: Forgot to mention I did a traceroute. I'm getting 250+ ping in asia, then it just kills itself.

27 minutes ago, bobly81 said:

Nope, same issue. Like i said though, I can't even reach the google servers, so that might be something like my university blocking me access to receiving a self-sent ping...

Yet I don't get a response even when I ping the servers from a website. So many things just... wat

Edit: Forgot to mention I did a traceroute. I'm getting 250+ ping in asia, then it just kills itself.

can you post an image of that tracert?

I'm sorry but this does not say anything.

netstat shows 4 connections

One is the the login server, 64.25.35.100, there's really no point in pinging that.

For EU servers the 3 other IPs look like 206.127.x.x (at least for the 2 brand new EU servers)

However you cannot ping those since ICMP is blocked, probably at firewall.

This should be the same for other servers as well.

One way of telling latency could be through resource monitor.

However could someone explain what the 3 connections represent?

I dunno which latency to take into consideration since 1 spikes very often 50-200, one stay really low at all times 15-40, one stay int the 60-100

Archived