Best PvE Solo Class?

Xienne

Blade Master maybe the class that most players will choose and undoubtedly, Blade Master’s solo ability is strong with Sword Gust, Blood Gust as well as AOE skills. However, personally I think it is only powerful when you are skilled. For those players who are pretty new to Blade & Soul, I don't recommend Blade Master because it is not that easy to use Block Counter well.

Assassin doesn't have powerful AOE skills but he has invisibility skill which enables them to bypass other small monsters and go for the boss directly. By doing that, it can save a lot of time in soloing. So if you want to pursue speed, Assassin is the best choice but bear in mind, playing Assassin is still a bit dangerous.

Summoner who has powerful solo abilities but with a relatively safe play. How powerful is Summoner’s solo ability? Basically, as long as they can enter the dungeon, they can complete the dungeon alone. They have strong heal skills plus a powerful summoned cat. Besides, skilled Summoner can play tricky using cat to detour the small monsters in front of the boss and go for boss directly. So if you are a solo player and don't like to communicate with others, then Summoner is the best class for you.

While all classes can solo, some will be harder than others.

3 hours ago, GumGumBazoka said:

assassin.

2 hours ago, Vade said:

Assassin doesn't have powerful AOE skills but he has invisibility skill which enables them to bypass other small monsters and go for the boss directly. By doing that, it can save a lot of time in soloing. So if you want to pursue speed, Assassin is the best choice but bear in mind, playing Assassin is still a bit dangerous.

Oh cool, I was having thoughts about making an assassin next but I wasn't sure. Good to know that they're good with fast dungeon solos too. Thanks xD

2 hours ago, Vade said:

Blade Master maybe the class that most players will choose and undoubtedly, Blade Master’s solo ability is strong with Sword Gust, Blood Gust as well as AOE skills. However, personally I think it is only powerful when you are skilled. For those players who are pretty new to Blade & Soul, I don't recommend Blade Master because it is not that easy to use Block Counter well.

Summoner who has powerful solo abilities but with a relatively safe play. How powerful is Summoner’s solo ability? Basically, as long as they can enter the dungeon, they can complete the dungeon alone. They have strong heal skills plus a powerful summoned cat. Besides, skilled Summoner can play tricky using cat to detour the small monsters in front of the boss and go for boss directly. So if you are a solo player and don't like to communicate with others, then Summoner is the best class for you.

While all classes can solo, some will be harder than others.

I think I meant "easiest to solo with" when I said "best solo class." From what you've said, I think summoner might be the easiest class to solo with.

If Blade Master really is a good solo class, then nice! It means that I don't have to re-roll my primary character. xD I don't think class difficulty will be an issue if I take my time to learn the class. I've played another game where some of its characters have a combat-style that is similar to Blade and Soul so the counter mechanic is not new to me. Though, I wish that the animation for block would be faster. It's not a big issue but it takes too long for my character to get into her block position. X.x

I guess I could just make all three.

I'm still curious to see what you guys think, so feel free to keep replying!

I can only talk about BM, but here is my point of view for him.

He is a very good solo class. I managed to learn Block, Dodging etc very well by now and right now I'm able to kill nearly every Boss in PoH24 solo (execpt Poh herself) without dropping below 80% HP.

It will maybe take you a while to learn that and your ping shouldn't be too bad too of course, but with the right skills he is very good as solo class.

Assassins are the best solo class because of this factors:

1. You can skip all trash mobs if they don't need to be killed. 

2. Their DPS is the best out of all classes. 

3. Permahide prevents you to take any damage by the boss itself while you beat the shit out of him. 

I solo dungeons with my summoner it's funny. I send in my fam cat, she tanks everything. I throw my snar then thorns...press Z heal the car and repeat. If a large mob jumps on me then I just press F and go from ten percent hp back to full ?

24 minutes ago, Chewma said:

I solo dungeons with my summoner it's funny. I send in my fam cat, she tanks everything. I throw my snar then thorns...press Z heal the car and repeat. If a large mob jumps on me then I just press F and go from ten percent hp back to full ?

At what level did you start enjoying Summoner PvE?

6 hours ago, Chewma said:

Seconded. It's really easy, at least in the earlier levels. I got this notice going in that said "this is too hard for you to solo, look for a party" and then I'd just ignore it and finish the dungeon in a few minutes. You can heal yourself in multiple ways and it's not very hard. Leveling has been pretty chill so far. 

But it depends if Lyns and cats are your thing... :D

Summoner at midlvl (30´ish) is a challenge in dungeons. Problem is that it´s hard to control aggro and let all the aggro go to the cat. At boss-locations, you´ll often have mobs spawn around you, aggroing whatever is closest. Because you have a cat your hp pool is split between the 2 of you, and the summoner character itself doesn´t have a large hp-pool.

Yesterday all F8 and F9 (dungeon and arena matching) resulting in disconnect. So I tried a 6 mans dungeon with first 2 people and then 4 people (with people just near the entrance). The dungeon boss was lvl 36, and my party was lvl 30-40. We got the boss down to around 30% before we gave up, since that particular boss had an insane randomly targeting aoe, while floating above our heads with nothing to hit him at but a stupid rifle doing 60 dmg.

Anyways, it may change at higher lvls, I heard in korea that only summoners and a single kungfu master was able to solo the highest dungeon.

Summoner is easy in beginning to mid level because the cat can tank. But in later dungeons, cat can't tank solo even with heal F and Z. Aggro control is needed because cat does not aggro well. Q can aggro for short period of time. Few RMB, boss mob jumps at you. Cat can tank some dmg but can't replace a tank character.

In higher level, summoner is a glass cannon dps/utility. You use 4F to give stealth to party members, F for some support, 1 for roots, and RMB for dps. Well, it's hard to call summoner dps at this point because her dmg mechanic is clunky but it all changes after lv 50 cap. After lv 50 cap and few secret techniques, summoner becomes one of best dps char in the game.

45 minutes ago, AndJerry said:

Summoner is easy in beginning to mid level because the cat can tank. But in later dungeons, cat can't tank solo even with heal F and Z. Aggro control is needed because cat does not aggro well. Q can aggro for short period of time. Few RMB, boss mob jumps at you. Cat can tank some dmg but can't replace a tank character.

In higher level, summoner is a glass cannon dps/utility. You use 4F to give stealth to party members, F for some support, 1 for roots, and RMB for dps. Well, it's hard to call summoner dps at this point because her dmg mechanic is clunky but it all changes after lv 50 cap. After lv 50 cap and few secret techniques, summoner becomes one of best dps char in the game.

To me summoner is a hybrid class. Very versatile, capable of doing tanking, support, soloing and pvp. Not necessarily the best in any of them - but the freedom to do them all.

<3 Summoner Class

There should be ABSOLUTELY no issues with cat not tanking well enough. 3 points into Q, on the right branch, gives it aoe taunt so that anything in the area will attack it. Combined with the house cat skill the cat will have an obscene amount of hp, taking 90% reduced dmg per hit, and healing 2% of it's max hp every time it gets hit all on top of making everything focus on it. Put your first 3 points into Q to get the taunt when you first get access to your skillbook, and the entire rest of the game is faceroll.

I'll say it again:

SIN is the best soloing class in like 90% of all the content and there is no point arguing about that. 

The 10% is for the rare cases when the bosses see thru your invisibility. 

There a summoner has the upper hand. 

• 1 month later...

Assassin is a good class but not the best for solo PvE. Never had much trouble with bosses, but doesn't put up with groups. Assassin's have only the bomb and poison for AOE, the bomb being too weak to be effective, and the poison having too long cooldown to be reliable. If you have quests that require killing a number of things, or you feel like getting exp from farming, or you just feel like raging and killing everything, you're going to have to kill them one by one. Because of this, Assassins are definitely not the best for solo.

On top of that, if you ever decide to go into PvP, Assassins will lose to summoners.

6 hours ago, SmoothOperratus said:

Assassin is a good class but not the best for solo PvE. Never had much trouble with bosses, but doesn't put up with groups. Assassin's have only the bomb and poison for AOE, the bomb being too weak to be effective, and the poison having too long cooldown to be reliable. If you have quests that require killing a number of things, or you feel like getting exp from farming, or you just feel like raging and killing everything, you're going to have to kill them one by one. Because of this, Assassins are definitely not the best for solo....

What this guy said!

Assasin cannot perma-stealth until 30's and still you can't AoE fast and reliable as you can do with the cat.  I have both and summoner is easier.

Archived