Forums

WARDROBE (isnt Bind On Account?)

legrosbast

Just now, Erratic said:

While I agree that costumes should be account bound given their insane price, everyone is correct. The wardrobe is functioning as intended.

Hold on there, costumes cost around 10-15$, the game barely sells anything else in the cash shop. How would they make money if costumes were account bound. :(

Right now, their biggest money earner is coming from premium memberships. Compared to that, they aren't making much off of the costumes. Run around the leveling zones and you will see that most of the characters are premium and wearing free in-game clothes. Make the costumes account bound and that would change. People would buy the membership and the clothes.

That's true that most of the costumes aren't used, the reason for that is we have barely any in the shop lol

This will change in the future and people will pay more for outfits.

I really doubt they will make costumes account bound. They need the income unless you want the game to become pay to win.

Just now, WhiteCrow said:

That's true that most of the costumes aren't used, the reason for that is we have barely any in the shop lol

This will change in the future and people will pay more for outfits.

I really doubt they will make costumes account bound. They need the income unless you want the game to become pay to win.

This^ plus they mentioned there would be an item that you can buy from the shop that unbinds a costume and you can mail it. but its a feature yet to come.

Personally, I think the premium membership will be their main way of supporting the game. But I guess we can't tell for sure until the queues go away and hype dies down, then people won't be pressured to buy to log in.

Also, I think you're right, they aren't going to change how they're selling the clothes. Too bad. I still think they'd make more money with account bound costumes.

3 minutes ago, Erratic said:

Personally, I think the premium membership will be their main way of supporting the game. But I guess we can't tell for sure until the queues go away and hype dies down, then people won't be pressured to buy to log in.

Also, I think you're right, they aren't going to change how they're selling the clothes. Too bad. I still think they'd make more money with account bound costumes.

Yeah That right !

2 minutes ago, WhiteCrow said:

While I think they would make more with account bound costumes, they would for sure cost more than they do now.

And like you said, we have to wait til hype dies, and see how many people lose premium cause there are no queues.

they have a good economic system just a watch hongmoon coin his works . It's not just for money but for our money I already buy several character , and now they tease us warlock . And I vien just remark that suit the daily dash does not bind account ..... This is what I want to talk

• 2 weeks later...

i really do not give a **** if its account wide or not... what i really want is to access my wardrobe for free or at least have it a one time purchase feature because i really do not want to sub and lose it every-time my sub run out! i dont care about anything in this game other than farming outfits and looking good and not having access to wardrobe is an unfair thing here in NA/EU compared to the other regions. AT LEAST CONSIDER have it as a ONE TIME PURCHASE!

1 hour ago, Anote said:

i really do not give a **** if its account wide or not... what i really want is to access my wardrobe for free or at least have it a one time purchase feature because i really do not want to sub and lose it every-time my sub run out! i dont care about anything in this game other than farming outfits and looking good and not having access to wardrobe is an unfair thing here in NA/EU compared to the other regions. AT LEAST CONSIDER have it as a ONE TIME PURCHASE!

The asian version has free wardrobe. You can read a comparison on how the asian version is superior on reddit. It's at the top of all the threads.

Just now, wishery7 said:

The asian version has free wardrobe. You can read a comparison on how the asian version is superior on reddit. It's at the top of all the threads.

yes i know i have read that. but i really wouldnt mind NA/EU making money out of the wardrobe for making it a one-time purchase rather than a sub feature only.

Just now, Anote said:

yes i know i have read that. but i really wouldnt mind NA/EU making money out of the wardrobe for making it a one-time purchase rather than a sub feature only.

Well obviously they spent those 4 years revising and planning how to abusively milk paying customers out of their cash. When you buy a costume on a a character think of it as being penalized. Because now that character cannot be deleted without deleting your cash, and you ultimately have to buy more slots if you want to try other classes. Oh and let snot forget the 7 day wait.. not 3 but 7... because they are exploiting peoples patience. Nearly everything is based on the hongmoon store. 

4 years with missing content and warlock weapons in chest decreasing my % of getting the weapons i need and making me grind even more. 

On 25/1/2016 at 11:51 PM, WhiteCrow said:

No. Don't use that false dichotomy. "Either they rip us if with prices, or the game becomes pay to win!" is an unhealthy costumer attitude. Things can be priced fairly while avoiding 'Pay to Win' tactics.  If you go around saying that isn't possible, then you are encouraging the businesses to be avoid pricing their products fairly. This is the attitude that leads to no new content except for RNG Cash-grab boxes that havea  0.000005% chance of giving you an anachronistic outfit that doesn't fit in the lore, because that's the cheapest clothes to produce: just copy something from the real world, make a model out of it, wrap it in 1$ boxes while you don't tell anyone the real chances of getting the outfit and call it a day.

Just now, wishery7 said:

Well obviously they spent those 4 years revising and planning how to abusively milk paying customers out of their cash. When you buy a costume on a a character think of it as being penalized. Because now that character cannot be deleted without deleting your cash, and you ultimately have to buy more slots if you want to try other classes. Oh and let snot forget the 7 day wait.. not 3 but 7... because they are exploiting peoples patience. Nearly everything is based on the hongmoon store. 

4 years with missing content and warlock weapons in chest decreasing my % of getting the weapons i need and making me grind even more. 

you have a valid point i agree. however lets try to find a middle ground for both us the players and the devs/publishers that can make us both satisfied on the long run. my solution is to have the wardrobe as a one-time purchase feature. and regarding whether or not to have it account wide, they said in their latest stream that they are working with the devs to create an item that allows easy transfer of outfits between characters. i believe that this is a good midway solution and if they implement it would benefit both parties.

10 minutes ago, Anote said:

you have a valid point i agree. however lets try to find a middle ground for both us the players and the devs/publishers that can make us both satisfied on the long run. my solution is to have the wardrobe as a one-time purchase feature. and regarding whether or not to have it account wide, they said in their latest stream that they are working with the devs to create an item that allows easy transfer of outfits between characters. i believe that this is a good midway solution and if they implement it would benefit both parties.

I've been saying, if they are charging premium price for these costumes they need to make it account bound not treated like any other item. You know how outright stupid and discouraging that is to continue to buy their expensive trash. 

If they want to make costumes character bound then these costumes need to be 5-7 bucks. And the fact that NCSOFT only allows us to buy in increments for god knows why? Everything about is screaming "LETS DO EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER TO MILK THE WEST AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE." I'm sorry but after reading that they plan on charging us to use our premium priced items across our accounts it shows HOW OUT OF TOUCH NCSOFT IS WITH CONSUMERS! (sorry not screaming at you, just trying to emphasize how disgusting this is). 

Why would anyone abuse their paying customers like this? I'm confused as heck right now especially because this is 2016 this game is like 6 years old, and plenty of newer mmos will be releasing this year. And i dont see any reason to stay here, i'm just here because im showing how frustrated i am. Especially spending almost 100 bucks on a game that doesnt appreciate me. I dont feel like a valued customer, i feeel like im a cow being violently milked. Then as a thank you the farmer (NCSOFT) spits on my and pushes me over. 

On 25-1-2016 at 3:40 AM, WhiteCrow said:

Hold on there, costumes cost around 10-15$, the game barely sells anything else in the cash shop. How would they make money if costumes were account bound. :(

believe it or not i might even buy more costumes if i was sure i could use them on my alt too..

Now i rather go with the free ones and farm some cuz i dont like to waste my moneyyyy

Also the leveling is quick as heck which forces players to grind all day and night to get the items they need to upgrade. They really want that cash quick. I wouldnt be surprised if they increased the XP gain for the west. All i see when i play BnS are just customer exploits. I mean buying an item on a character ultimately creates a dilemma. Either buy another slot or delete that toon and the money along with it. 

Which ultimately means your xp bonus is not being put to good use between the grinding and maintenance. 

On 1/25/2016 at 7:30 PM, legrosbast said:

Why the Wardrobe isnt bind on account !! plz fix it

In a few weeks NCsoft will release a "Shared Wardrobe" coupon, for $30-$40 this coupon will allow you to attach another character on your account to a shared wardrobe. 1 Coupon per character attached. So 3 characters will require 2 coupons.

I cannot wait for this !!!! 

So excited to spend more money.

Archived