Server Issues

SparCode

Hey guys! Posting this topic for a friend of mine, hoping someone can help us out.

The tl;dr is that she's a European player over in England who wants to play with the rest of us on the Gunma NA server. Naturally only European servers are being displayed as options for her to choose from when she makes a new character, but I could've sworn that European players would be able to play on the NA servers too.

Is there a way to get the NA servers to show up for her? She mentioned she might have checked the "track my ip" option when she installed.

Thanks in advance for any and all help ^^

My best (and most tedious advice unfortunately,) is to have her reinstall and uncheck the IP. It may not even work, since I'm pretty sure they have the game set up to follow your own area, but it's always a nice back-up plan if you don't find any better solutions. Another option that might be available is that when you have the game installed - (Or creating a character, although this advice is sketchy too since I may be thinking of Guild Wars,) - to check a NA server instead of a European. 

Granted all of this advice is NOT reliable and is only an attempt to help out. So try to do both of these if you haven't found anything better. I wouldn't want the friend to lose anything in the process of trying to have fun.

Alrighty.. yeah, I was worried that when I heard she'd checked the ip tracking that she might have buggered herself out of the option to play on NA. Thanks for the help though - I'll pass it along to her and see if any of this helps should a solid solution not come up in the meantime.

Archived