CURRENCY EXCHANGE

Monolith

Yeah, I found it odd that they listed one of the perks of premium was a discount on the "currency exchange"...but I couldn't find one in the game!

It's somewhat odd that this year I've started playing two separate games that are "imports", and both were release not completely finished. At least the other one had almost all of the stuff in the game working.

This has been brought up many times, there was a quote from NC some were thats said they had chosen not to have it active, for now,

My opinion is yes it should be active and should have been from launch, mainly so the exchange rates 'settle' with the rest of the games ecomomy over the coming weeks, BUT from a business point of view due to the queues from f2p players and the only obvious answerer being to buy Premium or a starter pack, it kind of makes sense for them to not have it active, players are buying these packs and premium and the only way to purchase them is with CASH...so yeah, maybe there is method in the madness

3 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

This has been brought up many times, there was a quote from NC some were thats said they had chosen not to have it active, for now,

My opinion is yes it should be active and should have been from launch, mainly so the echange rates 'settle' with the rest of the games ecomomy over the coming weeks, BUT from a business point of view due to the queues from f2p players and the only obvious answerer being to buy Premium or a starter pack, it kind of makes sense for them to not have it active, players are buying these packs and premium and the only way to purchase them is with CASH...so yeah, maybe there is method in the madness

Makes sense. Lots of bigger fires on the Horizon ATM. put out big fires, then work towards smaller fires. thats usually the motto of Network Operations. Although on the flip side it would have been nice to see an official blog discussing the process...I think it would put allot of peoples worries at ease to know X and Y are coming, but are whonky atm, and Z is an issue, but will be balanced with the next addition of content, etc.

In the "other" game i'm playing, they were allot more transparent about some of this stuff, and it helped greatly. If there are plans for this already in the works, then hat's off to NCsoft. If not...then they may consider putting a little more into community relations ;)

13 minutes ago, Temjiu said:

Yeah, I found it odd that they listed one of the perks of premium was a discount on the "currency exchange"...but I couldn't find one in the game!

Hmmm,  just noticed this, that means as a premium payer I am not receiving what I was offered, it is false advertising, we are not receiving the full offered premium 'package' 

6 hours ago, Elvenmad said:

Hmmm,  just noticed this, that means as a premium payer I am not receiving what I was offered, it is false advertising, we are not receiving the full offered premium 'package' 

Open your bag, click the 4th button at the bottom, and look at the second tab there. That is the exchange, and if you look, you will see there is a discount. If there is *another* exchange, then sit on your hands and wait for the rest of the release.

1 hour ago, Pinwheel said:

Open your bag, click the 4th button at the bottom, and look at the second tab there. That is the exchange, and if you look, you will see there is a discount. If there is *another* exchange, then sit on your hands and wait for the rest of the release.

yes but we are paying as a premium for a discount in the Currency Exchange, which is NOT in the game, so we are paying for some thing that is not even there

40 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Well there was a currency exchange but they said they didnt want to implement it yet to let the economy stabilize, also u can already get hogmoon coins with gold(silver really)

what do u think venture tokens are used for?

Why would I want Hongmoon coins ?

Have you actually looked on the store what you can purchase with Hongmoon coins ? cosmetics, thats all.

Still the fact is the premium service clearly states part of it includes a discount for the currency exchange, but there is'nt one.

1 hour ago, Elvenmad said:

Why would I want Hongmoon coins ?

Have you actually looked on the store what you can purchase with Hongmoon coins ? cosmetics, thats all.

Still the fact is the premium service clearly states part of it includes a discount for the currency exchange, but there is'nt one.

As a free player no i havent looked at the store much and correct me if im wrong but i thought hogmoon coins can buy the same things as hogmoon coins other then prem? Well tbh theres no need to be upset just cause ur not getting that one thing when they said they werent adding it in yet. You still get a lot of other bonuses with premium and they did say that they werent gonna add it in yet

6 minutes ago, TakunDes said:

we need this. market prices are so high now because of of it. please implement it asap its riduclous not to have it ;(

Umm.. the flood of new capital into market would cause inflation instead. 

3 hours ago, dmoe33 said:

As a free player no i havent looked at the store much and correct me if im wrong but i thought hogmoon coins can buy the same things as hogmoon coins other then prem? Well tbh theres no need to be upset just cause ur not getting that one thing when they said they werent adding it in yet. You still get a lot of other bonuses with premium and they did say that they werent gonna add it in yet

My point is, it is false advertising for a start.  EG: If you saw a advert offering a table and 4 chairs for a 'package' deal price of a set amount, and when it arrived there was only 3 chairs, you would have something legitimate to complain about, and if you contact the company and they say "we decided to only include 3 chairs" you would now have statuary rights as a customer to demand a replacement or your money back, that is law.

As for the Currency Exchange their reason for not including it at launch is that they wanted the games economy to 'settle' down, which OK sounds logical, the only thing is when the  games economy has 'settled' down and they do introduce the exchange it will just upset the whole games economy again, so to me it really does not make sense, apart from currently not having in the game at this time means that all the players that now want premium or a starter pack have no choice now but to spend cash and only cash

22 minutes ago, teliks said:

Umm.. the flood of new capital into market would cause inflation instead. 

there would not be 'new' capitol in the game, each server has a set amount of gold available on it and it is kept at a average level with the game having gold sinks, this is how every MMO works, no new gold will be brought into the server, players will just farm it then pass it on through the exchange, were others buy it, spend in etc  it is the same gold just being passed around. 

But that said I do agree this would change the in game economy quite abit, which is why to me it would have made more seems to have it in game from the start so the whole economy 'settles' at once, every body is currently waiting for the current economy ,mainly the Auction house prices to 'settle' things are without a doubt to pricey at moment, but they are dropping fast day by day, so eventually this will settle.

But then if they do introduce the currency exchange it is all going to go crazy again and this games economy is not going to actually settle to a decent rate for a long time, but that could be the "method behind the madness" maybe more people will spend cash for N coin and exchange it for gold, thats just my thought, but I can guarantee the reason for not having it in the game at the moment will be about money, real money nothing to do with in game.

23 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

As for the Currency Exchange their reason for not including it at launch is that they wanted the games economy to 'settle' down, which OK sounds logical, the only thing is when the  games economy has 'settled' down and they do introduce the exchange it will just upset the whole games economy again, so to me it really does not make sense, apart from currently not having in the game at this time means that all the players that now want premium or a starter pack have no choice now but to spend cash and only cash

Ur pretty much wrong here id say.

First u cant buy premium in the shop for hongmoon coins.

The reasons to buy coins for gold would be simple:

1. more char slots

2. more skill tabs

3. cosmetics 

Why they didnt activate it from the start idk but i would say it was a wise decision because now people cant just trade real money for ingame money in the launch phase.(u actually have to work to progress atm which is good imo)

I know u could still sell ur coins but yeah thats kinda rare since u need trust to make such a transaction without any safeguarding system in place.

If they implement it later on they can balance the system way better around the market since they have statistics.

And i dont think it would affect the market at all later on. Why would it even affect the market when u cant buy anything that affects it? 

On 1/25/2016 at 1:08 AM, Monolith said:

Do you guys plan on implementing a currency exchange system? Ncoin to Gold, or something similar? I tried looking for similar topics but cant seem to find a search function for these forums...

There is one, but obviously it wont be released until economy has balanced itself.

4 minutes ago, Sphynxi said:

There is one, but obviously it wont be released until economy has balanced itself.

This video by NC of the recent live stream concerning the game and new content mentions the Currency Exchange and that they are going to introduce it 'SOON'

41 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

This video by NC of the recent live stream concerning the game and new content mentions the Currency Exchange and that they are going to introduce it 'SOON'

Can you point me at which bit they talk about Currency exchange, and thanks for bringing it up

7 minutes ago, TakunDes said:

Can you point me at which bit they talk about Currency exchange, and thanks for bringing it up

in the Q&A part a question concering it is brought up and they say it will be coming 'soon' check out from 39.00 /1:01:00

Archived