How to change to Japanese, Korean or Chinese voice actors.

Cestarian

19 hours ago, Cestarian said:

The only exception to my rule of preferring original content I am making is here, with Japanese rather than Korean voices, the major reason being that the english subtitles were made according to the dub (not according to the korean voices or japanese voices) thus it helps to have an underlaying language that I do largely understand and can sort out what was mistranslated and what wasn't easily. The other reason is that I will probably watch the BNS anime soon enough and that one has japanese voice actors, and it's nice if the voice actors of the anime match the ones in the game hehe. 

I allow myself to be content with this because of numerous reports from people that the Japanese voices are better than the Korean for this game. If so many people think so then I guess I can allow myself to make an exception here. (Even if I know that most of the people saying this are probably huge anime fans that are biased towards japanese voices over any other voices in the world, aka weebs)

I'd have to disagree with those people. I play with the original Korean voice acting and I feel that it is captures the true essence of the characters and is far superior to the Japanese voice acting. I'm sure it's possible that BnS Japan and China got a few characters here and there better than the original, but overall that is not the case for me. It helps that I am very familiar with the Korean language, though I know a bit of Japanese as well.

I'm also a huge anime fan. So it confuses me that so many people insist that the Japanese VA is superior to all regions. To me, it just doesn't fit this game as well as the Korean. This isn't Japanese "Anime" and it doesn't give me an anime vibe either. I've watched a lot of the cutscenes in Japanese, and I'm just not seeing it.

But to each his/her own. I can just assume that more people are familiar with Japanese anime, so playing the game in Japanese feels more natural to them. I totally understand that. I just hope that people don't dismiss the original VA because of all the anime fans saying it's inferior.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/10/2016 at 2:05 PM, Kurokazu said:

I'd have to disagree with those people. I play with the original Korean voice acting and I feel that it is captures the true essence of the characters and is far superior to the Japanese voice acting. I'm sure it's possible that BnS Japan and China got a few characters here and there better than the original, but overall that is not the case for me. It helps that I am very familiar with the Korean language, though I know a bit of Japanese as well.

I'm also a huge anime fan. So it confuses me that so many people insist that the Japanese VA is superior to all regions. To me, it just doesn't fit this game as well as the Korean. This isn't Japanese "Anime" and it doesn't give me an anime vibe either. I've watched a lot of the cutscenes in Japanese, and I'm just not seeing it.

But to each his/her own. I can just assume that more people are familiar with Japanese anime, so playing the game in Japanese feels more natural to them. I totally understand that. I just hope that people don't dismiss the original VA because of all the anime fans saying it's inferior.

Well, to each his own I guess. I have to agree with you but honestly I just want an excuse to use the Japanese voices I do understand rather than blindly following the english dubtitles. But hey you can at least agree that the Japanese voices are a better match than the english ones, right?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived