Forums

How to change to Japanese, Korean or Chinese voice actors.

Cestarian

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Download the voice pack of your choice 

2. go to NCSOFT\BnS\contents\Local\NCWEST\ENGLISH\CookedPC

3. Create a folder named 'mod' no apostrophes

4. Place all of the selected files (individual files, no zip or folders.) from the voice pack into the mod folder. 

5. Launch game however you want

6. Hold enter for ~10 seconds for the notifications of conflicting files.

7. Play game. 

Easy. No batch or other crap. 

This will be cool to try but I hope I don't get flag for altering the files. I really think that they could have done better with voice actors. Sometimes it sounds like you are attacking a well mannered British old man other than bad ass Asian fighters.

I tried your way and it worked. Thank you.

But I have 1 question. When I run the file batch, there are 2 lines say "The syntax of the command is incorrect." but I can still open the launcher, log in then close it, and open the game. The voice is still in Japanese. So I'm just wondering if that's how it's supposed to be?

2 hours ago, Jozav said:

4. Place all of the selected files (individual files, no zip or folders.) from the voice pack into the mod folder. 

7. Play game. 

Damn, wish I'd known this one beforehand, wouldn't have gone through all this trouble :P

Does it really work?

6 hours ago, Jozav said:

7. Play game. 

I can confirm, this works too.

Also I had to upgrade BnS right now, and i got error during upgrade so I reverted to original files without mklinks and such. And since I had everything reverted I tried this..... :) and update works.

4 minutes ago, Sakaix said:

I thought this was a thing that would get us banned? if it isn't i'm all for it.

They did tell, they will allow to use Asia voice packs. There isnt just official way yet, since they are busy with other stuff.

But there is still a risk. And if I´ll get banned  hope I will get something like warning first. I´m founder + subscriber :)

So far all is good and I´m enjoying campaign with japan voice pack far more :P.

2 minutes ago, Sakaix said:

I'd hope they would give a warning too since its only just sound files. it's not like there was something that made the game easier when it's just something to make some people enjoy the game a little more.

Well something similar happened with Elite Dangerous I play. Players wanted different interface colours. So one guy played a bit with file and eventualy made a program to change hud. Devs said they are okey with that.

Let just hope NCSOFT are good guys too xD

12 hours ago, Jozav said:

7. Play game. 

Tried this method and it works perfectly, thank you so much, saves a lot time!

On 2/3/2016 at 3:14 AM, Jozav said:

7. Play game. 

Added this to the OP, thanks for pointing this out bro. Still kept the other methods in there as a fallback (but switched them around, i.e. junction link method is the first method, the old method of moving files is the secondary one)

I'm not really the right person to make a video tutorial, my game isn't installed in the default location (but the official modding method is much easier, so you probably don't need it anymore). Anyways if someone does make such a tutorial and posts it here, I'll make sure to link it in the OP.

This worked for me too, but I still have junction links set up (so that if it ever stops working, I can just fix it by using my batch, so I put the mod folder in my TEMP folder)

I'm currently looking into a way to circumvent the file conflict dialogs.

Update: Couldn't find such a way. Besides the old approaches using batch files. Unless there's a launch command line option I missed. (I'd need a command line parameters list to find out for sure; I sent tech support a request for a complete list. There might even be a NCLauncher option to bypass file verification to obsolete the batch files completely)

Thanks for finding and updating your post! Cannot STAND the English voices!

NCSoft, PLEASE let us know if this could incur a ban. I doubt it since we're not modifying gameplay or anything like that, but it would be nice just to have a confirmation.

• 2 weeks later...

Having to launch from a batch file seems like to much work compared to them just adding a option  on the launcher , They don't have to re voice anything so i don't know why that was brought into question  they simply bring the files from the Korean version over and offer a toggle 

On 2/12/2016 at 1:56 AM, RorryTheHunter said:

It doesn't work for me, anything. When I do the simple version of making " mod" file it shows up message saying " ambiguous package", so...yea. No Jap voices for me.

If it's the same error I'm getting, just hold enter until it stops. If it really doesn't work, scroll down in the OP and use the junction link batch approach, why do you think I kept an alternative approach around? If you really wanted these voices, you'd put in that effort. I'm updating my game now to see if the official modding method really has been disabled (I will be so bloody pissed!)

Also @makma055 A pretty decent reason for wanting the Japanese voices is so that your game voices match up with the ones in the anime.

Update: Nope, still works just the same as before after patch, hold enter to skip the file conflict messages and it works.

Voice packs yes, like you already discovered.

But the reason why the textual translation is subpar too, a failed translation, is because the localization team is mostly consisting of petty social justice weasels who got butthurt that gamergate is still up and strong, players not buying to boohoo agenda of falsehoods, so they resolted to memespouting.

It also seems they can't make up their mind. Years and years crying for diverese and different characters and personalities, and now that they got at least some in the form of vile people that aren't your that-normal-MMO-badguy, who r a p e, kill, lie and dominate blatantly to get their way, they don't suddenly want them. That hurt feelings, and thus everybody else suffered because they didn't grew a thicker skin.

Archived