End-game gear: the Merry Potter Recipe drama

Rysa

Grinding to enhance our gears is one thing, I don't mind it at all and I don't think it should be handed to you for free. However, what I profundly despise right now is how all the gear progression is gated behind the rare-as-hell Merry Potter secret recipe from the Brightstone Ruins.

Simply put, players lucky enough to drop it make hundreds if not thousands of golds because of it. Running the same damn dungeon countless times in hopes for a 0.00001% RNG drop is not fun in any thinkable way  whatsoever. It's an unfair and biased system that can potentially drive people from the game given how frustrating it is. Even if you do manage to drop it, that thing costs an absurd amount of gold and odds are that you will get outbidded anyway

I shouldn't be forced to pay for overpriced stones just because some lucky-ass players own the recipe and hoard the market, there ought to be alternative ways to get it.

This issue needs to be discussed, addressed and fixed.

RNG progression-gated items are the bane of MMORPGs.

RNG cosmetic drops are completely acceptable, however.

This is a dead horse though. It will never change, despite how much you slap it around (see: meta F2P model).

i don't mind grinding a dungeon countless of times if i get something for doing so , the recipe is well worth it and you drop necklaces and stuff from mobs.

What i do mind is doing so with the worst performance i've ever had in an game , even DAY1 Fallout 4 performed better.

I think we all want that recipe I am for one almost got my achievement for 100 kills and seen it only 3 times drop. I refuse to buy stone so high, but since servers still early they probably buying soul stones on market and trying make their money back brings prices up. I only feel sorry for new servers no way they going outbid older servers unless they are broke.  Best bet honestly, get group of people to farm that dungeon so at least someone on your server would get the  drop and bring down prices, or have better chance your self to win the bid. 

I already quit the game probably to never play again over this recipe. I got burned out of that dungeon and now I know I don't have the gold to win it. I might have, had it of dropped one of the 50 times I ran the dungeon during the second day of head start. Now I just feel like this is just another OK game ruined by pointless RNG. At least the launch was smooth for me I guess, hopefully I can spend my Ncoin when Lineage Eternal comes out

Archived