Money, a real Problem while leveling...

LordLokai

Currency is all about Premium. Not sure why this hasn't come up yet, but premium gives you ALLOT more money.

A few points:

1) for starters, as premium, coins actually drop from mobs. My lvl 30 FM is getting, on average, about 13-15c per weak trash mob. the bigger guys drop more. thats per mob, and thats something that f2p do not get. at all. The actual #'s are at rank 1 you get full cash from mobs. a rank 10 actually gets 150% ! so at rank 10 you will get even more cash then a premium member at rank 1...and f2p get....wait for it.....ZIP.

you gain rank in premium by building points when you spend in the store BTW...your premium sub counts towards this, as does any other purchases. I'm currently at rank 4, and its all from plunking down cash to get premium going, and buy a few things on the cash shop.

2) double cash on quest turnins - this is another that adds up. premium gets 120% more cash from quests. and around lvl 15 all the quests start returning cash (prior to that it's only the storyline quests). 

3) Reduced costs - just enough reduced costs in game that you don't feel the sting for doing stuff. 25% reduction on market costs, 20% reduction on evolution/breakthrough costs, And those are just at my tier. tier 10 premium gets up to a 50% reduction on costs in some areas. Plus with the bonus experience you get when crafting, it takes less craft's to level up, which means less money spent overall on crafts...

this all adds up fast. By the time my first toon hit lvl 15, she had 24c to her name. and that was doing nothing but playing and i used windstride twice. My second character (i was premium by that time) had close to 4 silver. with that kind if income, crafting is much easier to deal with, and your capacity to build wealth grows exponentially. If you look at it this way...f2p on it's own (without playing the market like a fiend), is a negative sum. you need to work against it's natural direction to make any headway. Premium is a positive sum, so anything you do only adds to that growth. 

While I understand their desire to motivate people to play and then spend money, It's not the best design. Now, while were on the subject of crafting and the market...

I highly suggest OP, that you do some research on WHICH crafts are the best for money. The ones you brought up aren't really the cash cows in the game, lets just say that. after 2 days of loose crafting and trading, i had 1.5g on my lvl 22. And I mean loose. I R lazy, so i'm sure that people that are actually savvy about crafting can make allot more faster. If you do nothing more then craft a few premium items and put on the AH, you're income will continue to rise even if your buying stuff on the market and windstriding everywhere.

A quick tip to get you started: look at all the "equipment" crafts, and see what they require to craft items with. find the crafts that make those items (especially the green and blue tier stuff), and make those and sell on the Market. After a day or two of doing that, you can often buy the materials w/o having to farm them yourself, and at that point your golden. Key here is craft the items that people CAN'T get from dailies or quests. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25.1.2016 at 1:16 AM, LordLokai said:

doesnt help since i dont do pugs or group with people, i just group with guildies and we basically just share/round robin things, if we cant use it. No point in frustraiting ourselves with stupid auction system i'm not using it i wont use it end of story. until they add a /roll system in i will not be doing pugs ever...

Is just way i feel about the loot system if it means i can only do guild runs then i can only do guild runs. 

dont whine then, if you refuse to do something for your gold its your problem

"muh im a whiny little spoiled brat and my partens blow me everything in my youknowwhat and i expect everyone to do the same to me"

7 minutes ago, ImHeartless said:

dont whine then, if you refuse to do something for your gold its your problem

I do sorta agree with this point. As an old school MMO gamer, the bid system put me off initially ( I was never "quite" fond of DKP systems back when they were popular), but overall the balance isn't half bad. again, it goes back to the premium principle. if you buy a few blue keys off the cash shop, then it really doesn't matter what you get in a dungeon run...i tend to pass on most stuff just so i can speed things up and get the cash from it (I've even artificially inflated a few bids when I could see the guy was being unreasonable and just being a loot *cricket*). 

The only thing that really matters is the rare costumes. can't get around that, other then just running it as a guild. But seriously, if your frustrated with the ability to make money in the game...but you refuse to do what you can do in game to make money...not sure what to say, other then, "g/l with that!"

Archived