Money, a real Problem while leveling...

LordLokai

1 hour ago, Warlyx said:

dailys at max level give 45s afaik...so yeah while leveling it sucks but at the end ... u will have lots of cash to burn on bids :P

I think the game should have a functioning economy (at least on the vendor items and other costs) regardless of your level. If it doesn't, that is poor game design.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen. I'm lvl 45 with about 120 gold... And you don't really need money until lvl 38+ anyways. Just do all your quests and focus on enjoying the story and leveling... All of a sudden on the third continent you start getting 2-10 silver per quest and before you know it you'll be sitting on 10g. If you wanna make a bit of cash. Run tomb and blackram narrows and never bid on anything. Also. Run the dungeon where you get corrupted weapons... It's a long pain in the ass and many people would pay 2-3 silver per wep to get out of completing it repeatedly for the breakthrough wep

5 minutes ago, Yaviey said:

Definitely agreed that Blade & Soul is a bit different when it comes to gaining money at early levels but it does get better (as one would expect) at max level. Keep trying, work the marketplace, and definitely do your dailies. We're also taking your feedback into account, too.

You can't work the marketplace below level 15, though. You've got to do *something* for the early game. I'm not saying a ton of money needs to be handed out but you chose a faction around level 6 or 8 and it costs 10 silver to change factions. A player should at least have that much to spend to change factions if they realize they made a mistake. You can't just be like "Well, you can't join your friend's guild until you're level 15, work the market, collect some silver and then change factions". That's a bit silly.

11 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Because you should retrieve them in the cities from the npc's where there is barely any cost and accept mail at the Vault npc. It really isnt hard and i also had issues dropping weapons but i ran with groups of other players and we traded weapons between us for the ones we needed.

kind of defeats the point doesnt it? whole system is set up so you can " level " and do crafting in the background, but you are basically saying " yea you need to stand in town and wait while you craft, to avoid the exorbitant fee " which defeats the point of having a mail system like this, as mail system costs to much to reliably use until much later. 

HOWEVER

A real easy fix for this and thats to just SCALE mail and crafting prices with your level, which the game doesnt currently do. 

9 minutes ago, IntX said:

I get at least 4 gold every time I do the dailies.
Stop whining and level up!

Who is whining? i'm having a calm dicussion about how prices at lower levels are astronomical and a little scaling wouldn't hurt anything, specifically the mail retrieval as i feel that is where alot of my cash has gone. I like how someone critiques a game and everyone assumes they are whining... i've played enough MMO's in my day to know when something is broken or needs some tweaking... what are you 12? 13? not everyone has the time to go spend 24/7 grinding dailys and shit especially at low levels. I am simply pointing out that prices at low level are to high, and average player is not going to have the cash to craft and level at once, and will have to set aside crafting till end game

Which clearly is NOT the intent of the devs SINCE they introduce you to crafting at level what 10? or around there. So its flawed in my opinion, and could use some tweaks... at this rate its much easier to simply buy gold rather then farming or earning it yourself. Every system in this game promotes gold sales...and you wonder why bots and gold selling is such a problem... its because the whole game is designed to reduce your income as much as possible that it almost forces you to either farm or buy it. I'm betting alot of folks just buy it to solve the problem. 

but hey that's just an opinion of an mmo player whose been playing these sorts of games since ultima online was a thing... what do i know. 

1 hour ago, LordLokai said:

So i'm going to get into a problem i've never had in an MMO, and seems to be a MASSIVE problem in Blade and Soul, and that is Cash. Nothing gives you gold, like almost nothing awards you any substantial amounts of cash. Quests give a penitence, and mobs dont really drop trash awards any kind of cash at all. So you start to hit areas where, you are asked to craft! because hey that sounds cool!

Then you start to notice you have no copper left suddenly... and it all sort of accumulates into a disaster. Everything in game costs copper/silver/gold, and game is ULTRA stingy about giving it to you, further they made many professions utterly pointless for making cash, as they give out those SAME items like candy.  Dumplings and Potions? don't worry crafters you are USELESS because we gave everyone 50+ of those items by level 30... so they will never run out! enjoy being BROKE while leveling up. 

So leaves you with the ultimate question...how do you earn enough cash to sustain your self? the answer is Ceramics... and grinding quartz as its ONLY reliable way to really earn enough cash to keep going. You could farm weapons OPPS sorry those are untradeable...

I think the problem is pretty self-explanatory, sitting at level 30 and cant afford the bell because game just isn't giving me any cash... and its been a problem since level 10 or so... i don't understand how they expect us to craft and do the things we need to do... its like they WANT us to buy gold or something...

I'm 27 so a little lower but I have had no issues with cash atm. Doing dungeons is a good way to get cash because everytime someone bids on something you get cash for it. If I notice people in my group spamming bids Ill just type in 5-10 silver and theyll instantly bid boom theres some fat cash.

1 minute ago, LordLokai said:

Who is whining? i'm having a calm dicussion about how prices at lower levels are astronomical and a little scaling wouldn't hurt anything, specifically the mail retrieval as i feel that is where alot of my cash has gone. I like how someone critiques a game and everyone assumes they are whining... i've played enough MMO's in my day to know when something is broken or needs some tweaking... what are you 12? 13? not everyone has the time to go spend 24/7 grinding dailys and shit especially at low levels. I am simply pointing out that prices at low level are to high, and average player is not going to have the cash to craft and level at once, and will have to set aside crafting till end game

Which clearly is NOT the intent of the devs SINCE they introduce you to crafting at level what 10? or around there. So its flawed in my opinion, and could use some tweaks... at this rate its much easier to simply buy gold rather then farming or earning it yourself. Every system in this game promotes gold sales...and you wonder why bots and gold selling is such a problem... its because the whole game is designed to reduce your income as much as possible that it almost forces you to either farm or buy it. I'm betting alot of folks just buy it to solve the problem. 

but hey that's just an opinion of an mmo player whose been playing these sorts of games since ultima online was a thing... what do i know. 

This is a wall of whine, sir!
Where were you during alpha/beta? Noone reported imbalance back then.
I've leveled up a dosen characters, starting at the alpha, ending with the headstart+release. I have had no cash-problem at all during this periode.
And when you become lvl 36+(and you're doing it correct) you earn more money than you can spend.

Kids nowadays just wants everything handed to them!
To achieve something, effort should be put into it!

QQ

I got prem the other day...and mobs are starting to drop small amounts of copper on kill....is that a prem only feature? I didn't notice it before getting prem, and one of the benefits of prem is +100% currency from mobs.....so...I guess?

It's  a way to get money, but noting amazing I would assume.

1 minute ago, Nathaniel22909 said:

I'm 27 so a little lower but I have had no issues with cash atm. Doing dungeons is a good way to get cash because everytime someone bids on something you get cash for it. If I notice people in my group spamming bids Ill just type in 5-10 silver and theyll instantly bid boom theres some fat cash.

I don't do pugs, i just group with a friend, and i detest the auction system as long as auction system is in place i wont be doing any dungeons with out my guildies, you say its good cash i say its pure frustration in trying to farm anything and full of trolls. Besides my friend and i can duo everything so whats the point in having a group? we'll continue to do just that untill we cant anymore =3

Like i said above i'm not broke... i just find getting a leg up is frustrating i'm just putting crafting on the back burner... until i hit max level, not that ANY craft aside from ceramic's and soulshield is worthwhile anyway... all pointless save that one. 

6 minutes ago, IntX said:

This is a wall of whine, sir!
I've leveled up a dosen characters, starting at the alpha, ending with the headstart+release. I have had no cash-problem at all during this periode.
And when you become lvl 36+(and you're doing it correct) you earn more money than you can spend.

Kids nowadays just wants everything handed to them!
To achieve something, effort should be put into it!

QQ

you say whine, i say valid complaints which i am voicing, its like you cant voice your opinion. Last i checked i live in the USA where freedom of speech is a thing, don't like it? to bad =3 i'm going to keep on speaking my mind... i've done that for years now in every game i've ever played, sure as hell ain't stoping now! 

Edit:

also congrats you can bum rush to max level and miss whole point of an mmo entirely...*claps*

7 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

I don't do pugs, i just group with a friend, and i detest the auction system as long as auction system is in place i wont be doing any dungeons with out my guildies, you say its good cash i say its pure frustration in trying to farm anything and full of trolls. Besides my friend and i can duo everything so whats the point in having a group? we'll continue to do just that untill we cant anymore =3

Like i said above i'm not broke... i just find getting a leg up is frustrating i'm just putting crafting on the back burner... until i hit max level, not that ANY craft aside from ceramic's and soulshield is worthwhile anyway... all pointless save that one. 

The only cash you will need until level 45 is to upgrade your weapons and accessories, and quest rewards give more than enough for that and for fast travel all day. If want more money for whatever reason (I don't know what are you going to spend it on but who cares) as others said join lvl 20 and 36 dungeons and don't bid on items, this way you'll get tons of money from players that bid on them.

Edit: The auction system you hate is actually an incredibly smart way to make cash flow from high level rich players to low level poor ones, you should be grateful of it.

2 minutes ago, Trairan said:

The only cash you will need until level 45 is to upgrade your weapons and accessories, and quest rewards give more than enough for that and for fast travel all day. If want more money for whatever reason (I don't know what are you going to spend it on but who cares) as others said join lvl 20 and 36 dungeons and don't bid on items, this way you'll get tons of money from players that bid on them.

doesnt help since i dont do pugs or group with people, i just group with guildies and we basically just share/round robin things, if we cant use it. No point in frustraiting ourselves with stupid auction system i'm not using it i wont use it end of story. until they add a /roll system in i will not be doing pugs ever...

Is just way i feel about the loot system if it means i can only do guild runs then i can only do guild runs. 

1 minute ago, LordLokai said:

you say whine, i say valid complaints which i am voicing, its like you cant voice your opinion. Last i checked i live in the USA where freedom of speech is a thing, don't like it? to bad =3 i'm going to keep on speaking my mind... i've done that for years now in every game i've ever played, sure as hell ain't stoping now! 

Edit:

also congrats you can bum rush to max level and miss whole point of an mmo entirely...*claps*

You may speak freely - I'm just saying that you are doing something wrong when you run out of money... Who are you to tell them that the game needs fixing, when others say they have enough money? You have obviously wasted the money on something you shouldn't.

A valid complaint should reflect the opinion of a larger portion of the player-base, not a single individual.

Last I checked I live in Norway, and we don't care about your freedom to speech as an individual :)
Ha en fin dag videre!

16 minutes ago, IntX said:

Excuse me? Yes, we did. Repeatedly.

Fact of the matter is that the built-in game costs at lower levels are completely out of balance compared to the income you receive.

Okay there's a ton of TLDR in this thread but my 2 cents:  The economy is indeed broken when there are vendors everywhere with very few items for sale and at such inflated prices they are of no value to a player. The game seems to offset this with free consumables from quests and dailies but is that the real answer? The system the way it is makes all of the content in camps and towns useless and a detriment to a sense of immersion.  Drop the prices and add variety while limiting the drops from mobs and quests while also upping the money drops and rewards. Players would then have a reason and need to use the vendors.

4 minutes ago, Avsniper said:

Okay there's a ton of TLDR in this thread but my 2 cents:  The economy is indeed broken when there are vendors everywhere with very few items for sale and at such inflated prices they are of no value to a player. The game seems to offset this with free consumables from quests and dailies but is that the real answer? The system the way it is makes all of the content in camps and towns useless and a detriment to a sense of immersion.  Drop the prices and add variety while limiting the drops from mobs and quests while also upping the money drops and rewards. Players would then have a reason and need to use the vendors.

Well real problem is that... its also made crafting any crafting utterly useless... let me give you a good example.

Healing potions only ONE kind of healing potion, heals 30% of your life right? i'm sitting on 80 of these things.

Poison Cures? who uses these least early on they are useless i hear they are required later on but who knows, still got 5-10 of these...

unsealing charms? i am given enough of these to...
Keys? got like 40 of them... and i've spammed tons trying to get my bangle a few times...

So the real problem is that if they WANT the economy to be run of crafting they have made MOST of the crafting kind of pointless, they also limited the number of quatz spawns and put long respawn timers on them... which only compounds the issue so... what they did was HAMPER the ability for most crafters to MAKE income, of any kind while INFLATING the prices for everything to a point you cant even afford it till end game.

What SHOULD be done is have healing pots only available from crafters, and have a lesser pot available as a drop and from quest rewards that does 10% instead of 30, that way crafters have a viable income. Unsealing charms also need to be only crafted and quartz nodes made way more numerous ect BUT this is all crafting related and probably deserves its own thread. At anyrate i'm going back to it, thanks for the input and opinions =3 

I fail to see how you have money issues to be honest. I've been playing in the little times I could after queuing for centuries. But in no way am I strap for cash probably way better of then what I was during the beta. I joined crafting guilds I'm just making and selling its all i've been doing and I'd say I am pretty well off. I'm only at 27.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_e7w75jfvxjk8

10 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

Well real problem is that... its also made crafting any crafting utterly useless... let me give you a good example.

Healing potions only ONE kind of healing potion, heals 30% of your life right? i'm sitting on 80 of these things.

Poison Cures? who uses these least early on they are useless i hear they are required later on but who knows, still got 5-10 of these...

unsealing charms? i am given enough of these to...
Keys? got like 40 of them... and i've spammed tons trying to get my bangle a few times...

So the real problem is that if they WANT the economy to be run of crafting they have made MOST of the crafting kind of pointless, they also limited the number of quatz spawns and put long respawn timers on them... which only compounds the issue so... what they did was HAMPER the ability for most crafters to MAKE income, of any kind while INFLATING the prices for everything to a point you cant even afford it till end game.

What SHOULD be done is have healing pots only available from crafters, and have a lesser pot available as a drop and from quest rewards that does 10% instead of 30, that way crafters have a viable income. Unsealing charms also need to be only crafted and quartz nodes made way more numerous ect BUT this is all crafting related and probably deserves its own thread. At anyrate i'm going back to it, thanks for the input and opinions =3 

All very good points. The fan boys may not want to see these issues but they are there none the less.

@badonkajonck  "   fail to see how you have money issues to be honest. I've been playing in the little times I could after queuing for centuries. But in no way am I strap for cash probably way better of then what I was during the beta. I joined crafting guilds I'm just making and selling its all i've been doing and I'd say I am pretty well off. I'm only at 27. "

The issue isn't that everyone is strapped for cash per say. The issue is the way the economy is as stated above, it makes all of the vendor content and crafting until many hours in irrelevant. Can you get by and be just fine with out any changes? sure you can, but that doesn't make it any more rational. 6 silver for a food item or health pot  yet you get tons of them for free? why are these vendors even in the game? It makes the towns seem lively and full yet it ends up being a facade that falls away a few levels in. Wouldn't a more immersive experience be nice where going to town was a needed shopping trip for supplies and gear? Instead of the place to dump garbage and visit the bank?

3 minutes ago, Avsniper said:

@badonkajonck  "   fail to see how you have money issues to be honest. I've been playing in the little times I could after queuing for centuries. But in no way am I strap for cash probably way better of then what I was during the beta. I joined crafting guilds I'm just making and selling its all i've been doing and I'd say I am pretty well off. I'm only at 27. "

The issue isn't that everyone is strapped for cash per say. The issue is the way the economy is as stated above, it makes all of the vendor content and crafting until many hours in irrelevant. Can you get by and be just fine with out any changes? sure you can, but that doesn't make it any more rational. 6 silver for a food item or health pot  yet you get tons of them for free? why are these vendors even in the game? It makes the towns seem lively and full yet it ends up being a facade that falls away a few levels in. Wouldn't a more immersive experience be nice where going to town was a needed shopping trip for supplies and gear? Instead of the place to dump garbage and visit the bank?

This pretty much sums it up, the economy is geared for max level, so low levels feel the hurt alot more then higher levels. Unless you KNOW exactly what to do and how to do it you will notice your income dwindling quickly. So either stop crafting and focus on leveling or, you end up broke. People that say its " fine " are either spending time farming, rushed to max level, or are abusing ceramics to make a healthy wade of cash KNOWING full well its ONLY viable crafting professions. 

Honestly i do like the game, but its far from perfect alot of problems with it though some would argue they are minor, for me? i am always a big crafter and i usually focus on consumables which i found quickly was a big mistake. These systems need some major changes BUT as with any foreign title any of our gripes will probably get ignored. Tera has been about only game i've seen substantial changes made, for the western audience and those took quite a while. 

23 hours ago, Avsniper said:

Fair point Sir.

Archived