Money, a real Problem while leveling...

LordLokai

So i'm going to get into a problem i've never had in an MMO, and seems to be a MASSIVE problem in Blade and Soul, and that is Cash. Nothing gives you gold, like almost nothing awards you any substantial amounts of cash. Quests give a penitence, and mobs dont really drop trash awards any kind of cash at all. So you start to hit areas where, you are asked to craft! because hey that sounds cool!

Then you start to notice you have no copper left suddenly... and it all sort of accumulates into a disaster. Everything in game costs copper/silver/gold, and game is ULTRA stingy about giving it to you, further they made many professions utterly pointless for making cash, as they give out those SAME items like candy.  Dumplings and Potions? don't worry crafters you are USELESS because we gave everyone 50+ of those items by level 30... so they will never run out! enjoy being BROKE while leveling up. 

So leaves you with the ultimate question...how do you earn enough cash to sustain your self? the answer is Ceramics... and grinding quartz as its ONLY reliable way to really earn enough cash to keep going. You could farm weapons OPPS sorry those are untradeable...

I think the problem is pretty self-explanatory, sitting at level 30 and cant afford the bell because game just isn't giving me any cash... and its been a problem since level 10 or so... i don't understand how they expect us to craft and do the things we need to do... its like they WANT us to buy gold or something...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rekkusu said:

lvl 45 dailies give you decent cash.

not enough to sustain you, all dailys i've done are like copper in reward, never seen anything awards much more then that. MAIN quests sometimes give you 5-6 silver but, over all i'm getting this vibe that crafting is a waste of time, and should just be avoided... and i spend mine on crafting and not much else. 

I'm not that hi of a level but I sold a lot of broken pieces from shields, to make sure I can windstride to a lot of places cause it's not gonna waste cash that way...technically lol. I have almost 2 silver in cash and I'm lvl 12 not sure if that's a lot or not and I know pots are kinda expensive. But just like all games I play I'm stingy when it comes to using items, try and be a lil more stingy if need be.

2 minutes ago, Aevri said:

If you think you have gold while on leveling, try wait until you hit level 45 and upgrade your gears. You'll have to be stingy to work on crafting for ages before you can get what you want, probably a week.

this is kind of my point its like they WANT people to buy gold, between auction system, and how stingy they are with awarding any substantial amount of cash while leveling, why shouldn't i buy gold? is no reason not to everything in the game points to ENCOURAGING us to do just that... i'm, just baffled and they wonder why bots and gold selling is such an issue. If you DESIGNED your game right it wouldn't be as big an issue, but kind of forcing us into that situation by nickle and diming us for every little thing we do in game...

The way i see, gold is only help to boost progression faster, you could take the slow and boring route and keep working the upgrades. for free. Other than that dailies provide enough for fast travel fees.

But we couldn't take the slow, long and boring route so i spent gold buying stuffs too.

Simply? Inflation: The bane of all MMORPGs which load their top-end players with cash, thus outbidding lower players for items they need.

Gold sinks? I don't think there are any besides crafting and windwalk? Doubt those are sufficient, and they affect all players equally, not just the top end.

Supposedly it was a problem in the TW/CN versions.

The game is really damn stingy about money in the early game. I joined the crimson faction just to duel a bit after checking if I could change factions and found out you could. Then I find out it's 10s to switch factions and I have like 50c to my name since there isn't a damn thing in the early game that gives you any money. You also can't teleport anywhere that's not a short distance away because it will cost most of what you have. (And, honestly, paying to teleport is always a lame money sink but we aren't even buying scrolls or anything here so where does the money go? Do we have to shove money up our butts to Windstride? Makes no sense.)

Anyway, long story short: It's might be true that there's not much you need money for in the early game but it's still a pain when you do need money and you can't even get it. You can grind the small instance areas for like 5-10c a run but that's a pain the ass.

Level 30ish dungeons. I am farming for sandstorm outfit (fml the rng gods hate me) and pick all blue necks, rings and earrings others in my party do not actually need and sell them in ah for around 1s. I get two or three silver per run this way. The blue soul shield pieces no one wants can be broke down and build up quickly as well for auction. 

Now dont be a dbag and go taking something someone actually needs to sell in ah, but if its clear that they dont need it take it and sell it.

Vendor Items 5-10 silver at level 1

Cost to retrieve items from mail: around 1-1.5 silver 

Average Reward for level 30 quest: 10-20 copper
Average Reward for Story Quest: around 5 silver

The fact is quests do not award much and people are earning alot probably abusing ceramics to do so, anyone who is not pumping out primers and farming quartz is probably on low end of cash. Especially when you realize not all of the breakthrough items are tradeable, Deva weapons for example CANT be traded. i'm usually pretty good at finding a decent source of cash but in this game? i'm not at 0 or anything but i notice my cash flow barely moves... and if i buy the bell? yea i'll be pretty dirty broke at that point. I don't know i just feel like game is super stingy with its cash, and are so many sinks its impossible for anyone not playing 24/7 to really earn a living...

Thanks for your insight though i'll keep on trucking.

I put those stalker weapon that i didn't need at the ah and they sell like cupcakes i know some sell for like 20 copper but i hade like 10 and some gave me 50 copper each so that's how i manage so far and oh i took herbalist and silver cauldron and now i got a bunch of healing potions  that cost me only 2 copper for 2.

21 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

Vendor Items 5-10 silver at level 1

Cost to retrieve items from mail: around 1-1.5 silver 

Average Reward for level 30 quest: 10-20 copper
Average Reward for Story Quest: around 5 silver

The fact is quests do not award much and people are earning alot probably abusing ceramics to do so, anyone who is not pumping out primers and farming quartz is probably on low end of cash. Especially when you realize not all of the breakthrough items are tradeable, Deva weapons for example CANT be traded. i'm usually pretty good at finding a decent source of cash but in this game? i'm not at 0 or anything but i notice my cash flow barely moves... and if i buy the bell? yea i'll be pretty dirty broke at that point. I don't know i just feel like game is super stingy with its cash, and are so many sinks its impossible for anyone not playing 24/7 to really earn a living...

Thanks for your insight though i'll keep on trucking.

What the hell.....

Listen up genius, from level 1 until level 45 all the gold i got from quests / dailies (the pre 45 ones) and i made by selling junk i picked up etc was more than enough to get me gems all my accessries maxed and my weapon to the awakened infernal stage.

If you waste your gold on retrieving mail , buying your weapons needed for breakthrough from the marketplace (which i believe you do instead of running the dungeons for them) then you will run out of gold.

Manage your finances and there wont be an issue. Until level 45 you dont really need any substantial amounts of gold to play the game further. Get a grip if you want i can be your financial advisor but i charge 2 silver per hour.

1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

What the hell.....

Listen up genius, from level 1 until level 45 all the gold i got from quests / dailies (the pre 45 ones) and i made by selling junk i picked up etc was more than enough to get me gems all my accessries maxed and my weapon to the awakened infernal stage.

If you waste your gold on retrieving mail , buying your weapons needed for breakthrough from the marketplace (which i believe you do instead of running the dungeons for them) then you will run out of gold.

Manage your finances and there wont be an issue. Until level 45 you dont really need any substantial amounts of gold to play the game further. Get a grip if you want i can be your financial advisor but i charge 2 silver per hour.

I do " buy " some breakthrough items, but what i do is farm dungeon a few times getting what ever weapon drops. Sell that weapon and then purchase my weapon because bangle never seems to drop for me, but its pretty easy to sell off one for the other. I made a bit doing that, my point is and STANDS that game doesn't give you enough cash with out FARMING items for hours to really progress. Sure i could sit and farm breakthrough weapons... but that isn't what i call fun or enjoyable i dont farm unless forced to and i sure as *cricket* ain't farming items i dont have to. Its WAY easier to sell one weapon for the other.

I have about 20 silver right now, and i'm not broke but here is what i notice...

Que up crafting
Lose about 50 copper roughly for 4 crafts
When they all Finish it costs about 50 more copper to get them through the mail, which amounts to around 1-1.5 silver

The point i was getting at, is that it costs MORE to retrieve items then you will make crafting, if you are out questing you'll do about 1-2 group of quests before your crafts pop, but that cash earned from THOSE quests won't amount to the COST of using the mail, because the awards GENIUS are less then what it COSTS to do this. My point is that the game charges you MORE cash then you can earn with out FARMING items to sell, which i and many others dont do... i'm not sitting in a dungeon area for hours farming in hopes of getting a few items i can sell off... if i have to for the bell i will, but i feel like game should just not be so stingy with cash or LIGHTEN up on damn costs of crafting and mail retrieval. Why *cricket* does it cost me money to get my mail at a distance anyway? if you are GOING to have a system that is done at a distance DONT double charge us for it...

This isn't a fun system and i hate to say it but EVEN SWTOR wasn't this lame for crafting i'll just have to shelf crafting till 45... i guess its to expensive right now. 

1 hour ago, LordLokai said:

not enough to sustain you, all dailys i've done are like copper in reward, never seen anything awards much more then that. MAIN quests sometimes give you 5-6 silver but, over all i'm getting this vibe that crafting is a waste of time, and should just be avoided... and i spend mine on crafting and not much else. 

Depending on what professions you pick, you could either make a lot of money or very little money. I do most of my dailies every day and bank around 6-7 gold. Doing faction quests in Misty Woods and the water area near Hogshead give you soulstones (around 20 soulstones a day), which you can sell for about 31 silver each which gives you a total of another five or six gold. You could also farm profrane jiangshi essence's right now (5 silver each) because they sell for a decent amount due to many people trying to get their awakened profane weapons. You can also farm ogres in Misty Woods for keys that sell for around 5g each. Crafting pentagonal gems is another good source of income, depending all on the gem you get. So, you're wrong.... there are tons of ways to get money everyday. I bank around 20g a day (end up spending it all because I'm impatient). Just search stuff on the marketplace and check prices every now and then and see what sells and what doesn't.

Definitely agreed that Blade & Soul is a bit different when it comes to gaining money at early levels but it does get better (as one would expect) at max level. Keep trying, work the marketplace, and definitely do your dailies. We're also taking your feedback into account, too.

6 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

I do " buy " some breakthrough items, but what i do is farm dungeon a few times getting what ever weapon drops. Sell that weapon and then purchase my weapon because bangle never seems to drop for me, but its pretty easy to sell off one for the other. I made a bit doing that, my point is and STANDS that game doesn't give you enough cash with out FARMING items for hours to really progress. Sure i could sit and farm breakthrough weapons... but that isn't what i call fun or enjoyable i dont farm unless forced to and i sure as *cricket* ain't farming items i dont have to. Its WAY easier to sell one weapon for the other.

I have about 20 silver right now, and i'm not broke but here is what i notice...

Que up crafting
Lose about 50 copper roughly for 4 crafts
When they all Finish it costs about 50 more copper to get them through the mail, which amounts to around 1-1.5 silver

The point i was getting at, is that it costs MORE to retrieve items then you will make crafting, if you are out questing you'll do about 1-2 group of quests before your crafts pop, but that cash earned from THOSE quests won't amount to the COST of using the mail, because the awards GENIUS are less then what it COSTS to do this. My point is that the game charges you MORE cash then you can earn with out FARMING items to sell, which i and many others dont do... i'm not sitting in a dungeon area for hours farming in hopes of getting a few items i can sell off... if i have to for the bell i will, but i feel like game should just not be so stingy with cash or LIGHTEN up on damn costs of crafting and mail retrieval. Why *cricket* does it cost me money to get my mail at a distance anyway? if you are GOING to have a system that is done at a distance DONT double charge us for it...

This isn't a fun system and i hate to say it but EVEN SWTOR wasn't this lame for crafting i'll just have to shelf crafting till 45... i guess its to expensive right now. 

Because you should retrieve them in the cities from the npc's where there is barely any cost and accept mail at the Vault npc. It really isnt hard and i also had issues dropping weapons but i ran with groups of other players and we traded weapons between us for the ones we needed.

Archived