Sign in to follow this  
MadMage

The loot system. No.

MadMage   

Why has no one else complained about this already? Holy god, an auction system? NO. 

There isn't even the OPTION to make the system randomized loot roll based. What in the hell? 

Devhyn   

Threads pop up with people complaining about the bidding loot system every day multiple times.  Some people like it, though.  

The bidding system is probably the best looting system I've seen in an MMO, tbh. I make so much money from it. I'd be poor as hell if it wasn't for it.

Edited by xCookieMonster

You prefer rng roll over a guaranteed bid win system o_0

The money bid is distributed among the players from what i heard so even if you suck at making it you can just let ppl bid till you make enough

It would be a great system if it wasn't for the existence of gold sellers. Yes the coin is distributed, but in the era of instant gratification it only sends the message "Deepest pockets wins every time." Also, it's really easy to troll if you know someone needs an item. But all that really only applies to pugs unless you are in a really crappy clan.

Kitzu   

the loot system, YES! 

But here is the thing, even if they win and have the deepest pockets, the next time you run YOU get that persons cash and you will likely be able to buy the shit you want anyway 

Tayeb   

for me bots are not argument there is many ways to counter them i agree with MadMage

I find it especially hilarious since some people don't even know there is an auction, or how to operate it, so they lose out and don't bid at all on items ;p

I don't have much of a problem with the auction but I would much prefer if every got RNG loot drops instead of it going to the person with the most cash. Like in Vindictictus at least RNG there is RNG for everyone instead of just the person who can afford it.

6 minutes ago, Drremorre said:

I don't have much of a problem with the auction but I would much prefer if every got RNG loot drops instead of it going to the person with the most cash. Like in Vindictictus at least RNG there is RNG for everyone instead of just the person who can afford it.

Dude Really? Vindictus RNG is complete ass, and Revolves around how much cash your willing to throw at it, the entire system is based on rng. I can tell you this since i've played since beta. I really hope to god your not serious. 

-With Regard ToxicDecay.

Edited by PsychoticFlamez

Just now, PsychoticFlamez said:

Dude Really? Vindictus RNG is complete ass, I can tell you this since i've played since beta. I really hope to god your not serious. 

-With Regard ToxicDecay.

I didn't say this game needed vindictu's RNG rate drops just that RNG for everyone is better then RNG for one person. That's just what I prefer.

22 minutes ago, Yamabushi said:

It would be a great system if it wasn't for the existence of gold sellers. Yes the coin is distributed, but in the era of instant gratification it only sends the message "Deepest pockets wins every time." Also, it's really easy to troll if you know someone needs an item. But all that really only applies to pugs unless you are in a really crappy clan.

So? their deep pockets will fill your pockets

1 minute ago, Drremorre said:

I didn't say this game needed vindictu's RNG rate drops just that RNG for everyone is better then RNG for one person. That's just what I prefer.

It isn't rng for one person.. It isn't RNG at all...Either you get the item, or you get a shit ton of money for the item. It's a win-win, whereas RNG is a win, or a lose. 

Edited by xCookieMonster

1 minute ago, xCookieMonster said:

It isn't rng for one person.. It isn't RNG at all...Either you get the item, or you get a shit ton of money for the item. It's a win-win, where as RNG is a win, or a lose. 

Oh but this game is still RNG you can't tell me that it's not after I ran harbor 17 times waiting for an 8 piece soul shield to drop only to get out bidded.

Well I can tell you this, This system eliminates a 2 step process and puts you the as the Bidder or the seller, the outcome is in your hands, and how much they are willing to spend, not only this but the entire party benefits from it if they bid. System is pretty thorough, and Yes it can be abused but i haven't seen that yet. In the end it comes down to morals.

Edited by PsychoticFlamez

Just now, Drremorre said:

Oh but this game is still RNG you can't tell me that it's not after I ran harbor 17 times waiting for an 8 piece soul shield to drop only to get out bidded.

Oh, I thought you meant RNG on dice rolls for who gets the item. My bad.

13 minutes ago, Husbando said:

whats the current best/fairest loot party option atm :o ?

Personal loot, that's about it

Zero loot contention, don't think this is in this game though

Edited by Shadeswilla

46 minutes ago, Shadeswilla said:

So? their deep pockets will fill your pockets

Overall, that seems how it will play out. You may run into whales and/or trolls here or there if you're pugging it.

Taipei   

I personally love it. I get a shit ton of money from idiots who keep bidding the price up. So i'm not complaining.

Ominas   

Wait... you get money if you don't win the auction? LOL I guess I'm not very good at paying attention... suddenly I don't hate this system so much

enem   
3 minutes ago, 846806_1452550169 said:

Wait... you get money if you don't win the auction? LOL I guess I'm not very good at paying attention... suddenly I don't hate this system so much

yeah the winning bid is divided amongst the rest of the party. so if there's a bidding war everyone wins!