BnS Text Errors

Lanuri

I couldn't find a thread that compiled typos, so I hope I can get this stickied. I included inconsistencies between names used throughout the game.

Keep in mind that I am still not done with all the quests, and I missed a couple of screenshots of typos I found. That's why a stickied thread would be appreciated so that other players can reply with typos they find as well.

Typos:

>The Way of the Summoner: Part 1

Hongmoon School Brother Hajoon: "It'd take more than a couple jerks in snakeskin to take me out."

Fix: "It'd take more than a couple [of] jerks..."

(It's probably meant to be slang if it's intentional to have him be grammatically incorrect.)

Reference

>Not All That Shimmers is Gold: Part II

Bamboo Guard Jinpyung: "But Amyo's foot was so swolen."

Fix: "But Amyo's foot was so [swollen]."

Reference

>The Way of the Summoner: Part 5 (Letter)

Letter from Brother Hajoon: "It's in the Dreamdrift.(the) Dreamdrift"

Fix: Remove everything after "It's in the Dreamdrift."

Reference

>Painful Lessons

Soul Warden Hongbo: "They don't thing anyone is more powerful than them."

Fix: "They don't [think] anyone is more powerful than them."

Reference

>We Can Rebuild It!

Yehara's Fan-Girls Leader Chunmi: "Yehara would still fabulous without her fan..." (THOUGHT BUBBLE SPEECH)

Fix: "Yehara would [still be fabulous] without her fan..."

Reference

>Love Factually

Yehara Fan Girl Gum Wunjae: "Did you know she always takes a good look at teenage girls that come throught the Mirage?"

Fix: "Did you know she always takes a good look at teenage girls that come [through] the Mirage?"

Reference

Pazhu's Little Jewel Opal: "I guess they've got more in common than I though."

Fix: "I guess they've got more in common than I [thought]."

Reference

>The Mirage's Farewell

Yehara's Right Hand So Gabok: "We've been watching over these dunes for years new."

Fix: "We've been watching over these dunes for years [now]."

Reference

>Oh Brotherhood, Where Art Thou?

Merry Potters Yang Jagi: "However, the Brotherhood has been bolder as of late. They've..."

Fix: "However, the Brotherhood [have] been bolder as of late." (The Brotherhood is referred to as "they" in the very next sentence, and should be regarded as plural in every sentence.)

Reference

>A Rational Solution

Clear Sky Village Herbalist Dangsan: "I'm here to warn the others not tomeet a similar fate."

Fix: "I'm here to warn the others not [to meet] a similar fate."

Reference

>Marketplace prompt window informing player about fee

"As registered amount is __ the fee to register __ has been added."

Fix: "As registered amount is __[,] the fee __ has been added."

(A comma is necessary to make it more easy to understand.)

Reference

Inconsistencies:

>Quest to meet guild representatives in Jadestone Village

Stonecutters Rep Faisong: "We Stonecutters usually trade stones with the Golden Ring..."

Radiant Ring Rep Chonbo: "They are all made by the Golden Ring."

Fix: [Golden] Ring --> [Radiant] Ring

Reference 1

Reference 2

>Upon talking to Oonyon without a quest

Radiant Ring Oonyon: "You'll have a hard time finding anything without the help of the Golden Ring."

Fix: [Golden Ring] --> [Radiant] Ring

Reference

>The Prospector's Union crafting window

Iron Ore is referred to as Raw Iron. (This might be intentional.)

Cold Iron Ore is referred to as Cold Iron.

Fix: Stick to one or the other, please.

Reference 1

Reference 2

>The Stonecutters crafting window

Curbstone is referred to as Grindstone.

Reference

>Battling Osung at Stonesoul Scar

Osung will occasionally say: "Friends of the Chaotic Legion! We're here!"

Fix: [Chaotic] Legion --> [Crimson] Legion

Reference

That's it for now. I will reply with any more I find to separate new typos from old typos. I hope this thread proves useful to the team.

>Battling Osung at Stonesoul Scar

Osung will occasionally say: "Friends of the Chaotic Legion! We're here!"

Fix: [Chaotic] Legion --> [Crimson] Legion'

/?

You DO realize that the espoused values of the Crimson and Cerulean orders are Chaos and Order, respectively? That statement is entirely correct as is.

On 1/25/2016 at 8:24 AM, Eiria said:

You DO realize that the espoused values of the Crimson and Cerulean orders are Chaos and Order, respectively? That statement is entirely correct as is.

I brought it up in case it's a translation error. If it isn't, I guess that's that, but thank you. =)

Typos:

>Chapter 27: Sacrifices Must Be Made

Clear Sky Villager Jang Jongwon: "Oh, and mother wishes to speak with you."

Fix: Capitalize "mother."

Reference

>The Suhan New Hand School of Martial Arts

Instructor Lim Suhan: "She might be a menace but my pupil's skills wouldn't have been easy to deal with..." (THOUGHT BUBBLE)

Fix: "She might [not] be a menance[,] but my pupil's skills [shouldn't] have been easy to deal with..."

(The sentence was unclear to me in general. I think it makes more sense if ^ is what he meant to say.)
Reference

>The Eyes of Samja

Clear Sky Villager An Dalja: "I saw him and his soldiers on the outskirts of town.He was staring at me with his hungry eyes."

Fix: Add a space after "the outskirts of town."

Reference

Clear Sky Villager An Dalja: "When we found him a year ago he was almost a corpse."

Fix: "When we found him a year ago[,] he was almost a corpse." (I'm usually able to ignore lack of commas, but this sentence really bothered me.)

Reference

Formatting:

>After finishing The Suhan New Hand School of Martial Arts quest

Vnc1bVA.jpg?1

Fix: Get rid of the break after "Hand."

Inconsistencies:

>The Forgekeeper's crafting window

Crafted Stone Sword/Dagger are referred to as Crafted Basic Sword/Dagger, whereas all the other "Crafted Basic" weapons are matched up correctly.

Fix: Preferably, just change the names on the menu from "Basic" to "Stone."

Posting this as a new reply since there's a maintenance going on, meaning previous typos may or may not have been recognized. (It's hard to tell if anyone notices me. :< )

*Optional Fix means that I feel there's a better way of writing it, but understand that not everything has to strictly adhere to grammar rules.

Typos:

>Moral Imperative

Yonkai Skeleton Crew Bae Taerang: "Those Naryu rulers must be really important on account of those Guardian Automatons have patrolling around the area!"

Fix: "Those Naryu rules must be really important[,] on account of those Guardian Automatons [they] have patrolling around the area!"

Reference

Inconsistencies:

>Encroaching Shadows

Tkfc9IU.jpg?2

uxWpVA2.jpg?1

8bCMkU2.jpg?1

nxIKg3s.jpg?1

Fixes:

Fah Iya --> Dahua

Ye Harang --> Yehara

>The Write Stuff

Stratus Historian Boksang: "Just imagine, me dipping that fantastic plume in a fresh black ink, writing gorgeous calligraphy!"

Optional Fix: "Just imagine [me, ]dipping that fantastic plume in a fresh blank ink, writing gorgeous calligraphy!"

Reference

>Chapter 34: The Enemy of My Enemy

Treasure Hunter Soha: "But me confronting Juwol and the Yes Men would start a war."

Optional Fix: But [my] confronting Juwol and the Yes Men would start a war.

Reference

Lumang Syndicate Gil: "Yunwa talked me into going downstairs to us get something to eat."

Fix: "Yunwa talked me into going downstairs to [get us] something to eat."

Reference

>Cry Hard

Yonkai Brigade Guard Captian Chujin: "I'd just started my fifteen minute break."

Fix: "I just started my fifteen minute break." (The use of the perfect verb here is incorrect; "I started" vs. "I'd started.")

Reference

Yonkai Brigade Wounded Soldier: "The called me names and said they would kill me if I didn't drop everything."

Fix: "[They] called me names and said they would kill me if I didn't drop everything."

Reference

>Seeking Hide

Shady Merchant Bodul: "Yes, I sell wolf leather and tell tourists its "Sacred Beast" hide.

Fix: "Yes, I sell wolf leather and tell tourists [it's] "Sacred Beast" hide."

Reference

>Joining the Jaofang

Letter from Jaofang Mayor Wigo: "The ink appears to be Elerbark sap."

Fix: "The ink appears to be [Elderbark] sap."

Reference

I MISSED A SCREENSHOT OF A TYPO I CAUGHT VERY EARLY ON. It should have been included with the OP. Since it is out of place with my previous post, I feel the need to make a separate reply.

Typo:

>Hit the Ground Running

Old Man Cho: "But it's chime is vital for any ritual worth its salt."

Fix: "But [its] chime is vital for any ritual worth its salt."

Reference

mZVqp.jpg

Adding this to your collection; if you are still collecting them that is.

Typo

>She Loves Him, She Loves Him Not

Hogshead Resident: Doduri: "I can't stop thinkinga bout Manbok, Argh!"

Fix: ""I can't stop thinking about Manbok, Argh!"

• 2 months later...

@iDakota Haha, thank you for the edit. (Late reply, I know.) I stopped checking back on this thread because I felt that none of it really mattered. Sometimes, I'd go on new characters to find out that the errors were still there, and it was pretty demoralizing.

I should probably go back to adding text errors though, so I appreciate that you added onto the thread. =)

Archived