StoneBone

Is there any hope for me? (and people like me.)

is there any hope for me? even after alt+enter-ing, i hover at around 9-17 FPS, everything set to LOW. i refuse to optimize for Low End as playing in 800x600 is just.... ... anyways. is there anything i can do with these pieces to increase playability?:

Cache Memory: 2 megabytes

Type of Memory (RAM): DDR3L

System Memory RAM Speed: 1600 megahertz

Graphics Type: Integrated

Graphics Processing Unit/GPU: AMD

Video Memory Type: Shared

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R5

Running Windows 8.1, help your fellow man!

Lioncor   

Steps to fixing your problem.

1. Get a job, upgrade your computer/buy a new one. 

2. Ask your parents and if they say no, tell them that you will do chores as payment or whatever.

If neither of these steps work (If you're too young to get a job or if your parents are poor) proceed to criminal step.

3. Steal a computer

If this isn't your cup of tea proceed to next and final steps.

4. Play games that your computer can handle.

5. Do other things that doesn't involve playing games.

Edited by Lioncor

Yikes. Increase your RAM and install a SSD drive might help a little. But probably not enough to improve any aesthetics. Just a little fps.

1 minute ago, Lioncor said:

Steps to fixing your problem.

1. Get a job, upgrade your computer/buy a new one. 

2. Ask your parents and if they say no, tell them that you will do chores as payment or whatever.

If neither of these steps are work (If you're too young to get a job or if your parents are poor) proceed to criminal step.

3. Steal a computer

If this isn't your cup of tea proceed to next and final steps.

4. Play games that your computer can handle.

5. Get a life and do other things than play games.

helpful & informative, +1 upboat.

Sygny   

How much ram did you say you had? I am running 12gb at about the same speed. I am also running a GF 660ti 3gb old graphics card. So even though my system isnt ideal it works pretty well.

Be careful if you want to upgrade anything in your system. if it's pretty old you may not have enough PSU (power supply) 

1 minute ago, Sygny said:

How much ram did you say you had? I am running 12gb at about the same speed. I am also running a GF 660ti 3gb old graphics card. So even though my system isnt ideal it works pretty well.

Be careful if you want to upgrade anything in your system. if it's pretty old you may not have enough PSU (power supply) 

Currently 8 which i'm sure is partly to blame.

Paniq   

I'm playing it with 4 GB RAM with no problem(the loading screen is a little long and sometimes i have a little fps drop at 6 man dungs and open word boss fights but thats it), may i add that the minimum requirement is 2 GB, so i don't think 8 GB is too bad.Considering this,the problem may be your graphics card or cpu.

Just now, Paniq said:

I'm playing it with 4 GB RAM with no problem(the loading screen is a little long and sometimes i have a little fps drop at 6 man dungs and open word boss fights but thats it), may i add that the minimum requirement is 2 GB, so i don't think 8 GB is too bad.Considering this,the problem may be your graphics card or cpu.

thanks for your insight, brother. some folks AMD in such high regard, i guess i know now why they say go Intel lol.

AlienJay   

There are loads of other good, low spec MMOs you can play dude. Its not worth the stress playing a laggy game with no textures or detail. Wait for tree of savior or play path of exile.

49 minutes ago, StoneBone said:

Graphics Type: Integrated

This, and also, what CPU? The only game you'll get 30 FPS is probably LoL.

Edited by 2501

Warlyx   

i remember playing with 4gb of ram and a old GPU (5850 hd) and fps was low 20ish , the game is "playable" when solo , in dungeons and what not ugh...

Tamchel   

what's your CPU? You didn't list it in the specs provided? 

But your graphic card is definitely one if not THE problem

It doesn't even meets the requirements, hell even the 8600GTS of Nvidia (which is the minimum required card) clocks higher than yours at 675MHz, where as yours clocks at 625. You can bet you'll have problems running the game. 

Moreover, if your CPU isn't AT LEAST dual core, you'll never be able to play the game... 

I'd usually not even mention it, since all cpus nowadays are Dual at the very least, but with a R5 as a graphic card, I may as well mention it. 

Keawen   

I got 6gb of ram, a i7 950 3.07ghz a gpu 1gb ddr 5 and game works fine here but integrated graphics card is a major hurdle in your case.

Aevri   

That pretty much said your GPU is quite weak this type of game, Only low-end to office range graphic use shared video memory

ouija   

if you swap the windowed and full-screen values in the ClientConfiguration file after you've already set it to low and and closed the game, you can run it with low-end optimized settings in fullscreen.

other than that, all you're really gonna be able to do to help yourself is upgrade your computer.

Edited by ouija

Guys, but do you realize the game is 32 bit so adding more RAM won't actually help? Unless you have less than 4gb ofc...

The only thing than can help you is upgrading GPU and CPU

I appreciate all the advice guys, I certainly can play - but I feel I would have more fun not getting lagged out fighting Golden Deva lol. Thanks.

papragu   

lol what people didn't figure out yet, he is playing on a laptop. There is not much he can upgrade, except ram maybe and the harddrive. Buy a PC, that laptop has seen it's best days.

Sorry OP, but that computer just isn't going to cut it. You'll need something that wasn't around to record the Ten Commandments live. :P

Jokes aside, if you can't afford an upgrade for whatever reason than hate to say, but you'll need to either tolerant those FPS scores or pass on BnS until you can.

Serjekk   

Edit: Just realized you were on a laptop. You can't fix your problem on your current system.

Edited by Serjekk

I'm playing on a laptop as well, but yours just seems uh, 30years old maybe? XD Sorry but it looks like you'll have to upgrade

Don't feel bad, even with a solid gaming PC, this game has TERRIBLE frame rate drops. Some of the worst I've ever seen. This games graphics are from 2007. People with off the shelf laptops from 2013 should be able to run it at 60fps easy.

Edited by Setzaroth