Is there any hope for me? (and people like me.)

StoneBone

7 hours ago, StoneBone said:

thanks for your insight, brother. some folks AMD in such high regard, i guess i know now why they say go Intel lol.

1. The MAIN reason for your terrible experience is that you're using an AMD R5 APU. (For gaming? LoL kek)

2. I'm assuming you're playing on a laptop to be using integrated graphics. 

3. Even players on gaming rigs are having fps issues. So despite those cringe worthy specs, its not ALL you. But mostly...

7 hours ago, StoneBone said:

is there any hope for me? even after alt+enter-ing, i hover at around 9-17 FPS, everything set to LOW. i refuse to optimize for Low End as playing in 800x600 is just.... ... anyways. is there anything i can do with these pieces to increase playability?:

Cache Memory: 2 megabytes

Type of Memory (RAM): DDR3L

System Memory RAM Speed: 1600 megahertz

Graphics Type: Integrated

Graphics Processing Unit/GPU: AMD

Video Memory Type: Shared

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R5

Running Windows 8.1, help your fellow man!

Hey StoneBone, please put in a Support Ticket when you get a chance. Our team may be able to work with you on the best settings to play smoothly but not have to downgrade all the way to Low End. We'll at least do our best! Also don't forget to play around with your video card settings/drivers. I had a personal case of this happening when I upgraded to a newer driver my graphics suddenly tanked. After I reverted to an older driver I got a much better experience.

I truly appreciate the advice guys, ive come to realize the mistakes ive made lol - but before preforming hari kiri I guess ill try upgrading.

9 hours ago, Yaviey said:

Hey StoneBone, please put in a Support Ticket when you get a chance. Our team may be able to work with you on the best settings to play smoothly but not have to downgrade all the way to Low End. We'll at least do our best! Also don't forget to play around with your video card settings/drivers. I had a personal case of this happening when I upgraded to a newer driver my graphics suddenly tanked. After I reverted to an older driver I got a much better experience.

I absolutely will, if not for me, but for all the other gamers out there struggling with lower end unit who truly have fun playing this great game. INTERGRATED GFX CARD USERS UNITE!!!!

no? Just me... Ok.

The game has high demands to the CPU as it's old technologie can't fully utilize the features of modern GPU. A mediocre GPU and a CPU with a good singlecore performance will do the trick.

for RAM, 8GB are absolutly enough. I recently upgraded to 16 GB, but it makes no difference for BnS

A SSD will help a lot with the tons of loading screens but doesn't change anything for the general game performance.

So basically you'll need a new CPU (and ofc a new mainboard as the new cpu will not fit to your old socket) and a not integrated GPU.

While the GPU can be somhow cheap (I use a R9 270x with 2 GB memory and it's more than sufficient), the CPU and the additional needed Mainboard are different story. ideal would be a strong quadcore from Intel but they costs much. i refused to pay that much and bought a AMD 8370 Octacore (4.3GHz), which was still about 200 € but way cheaper than a comparable Intel CPU, but the performance is a bit lower (i play with all setting at 4/5)

With that i have around 60FPS most of the times, in combat situations in dungeons it drops sometime down to the mid 20s. The worst encounter i had with this system so far was my 1st Blackwyrmkill. i optimized for combat and hid other characters and sometimes still dropped to 15 fps - but that is ok, regarding how much action there was around (some reds tried to spoil us the kill).

5 hours ago, CycLee said:

The game has high demands to the CPU as it's old technologie can't fully utilize the features of modern GPU. A mediocre GPU and a CPU with a good singlecore performance will do the trick.

for RAM, 8GB are absolutly enough. I recently upgraded to 16 GB, but it makes no difference for BnS

A SSD will help a lot with the tons of loading screens but doesn't change anything for the general game performance.

So basically you'll need a new CPU (and ofc a new mainboard as the new cpu will not fit to your old socket) and a not integrated GPU.

While the GPU can be somhow cheap (I use a R9 270x with 2 GB memory and it's more than sufficient), the CPU and the additional needed Mainboard are different story. ideal would be a strong quadcore from Intel but they costs much. i refused to pay that much and bought a AMD 8370 Octacore (4.3GHz), which was still about 200 € but way cheaper than a comparable Intel CPU, but the performance is a bit lower (i play with all setting at 4/5)

With that i have around 60FPS most of the times, in combat situations in dungeons it drops sometime down to the mid 20s. The worst encounter i had with this system so far was my 1st Blackwyrmkill. i optimized for combat and hid other characters and sometimes still dropped to 15 fps - but that is ok, regarding how much action there was around (some reds tried to spoil us the kill).

I appreciate the help man, ive begun the process of building a new rig, certainly not for BnS - but for Better quality of life. Thanks a ton for the help, fellow ninjas and samurais(and squirrels lol.)

Wow man just be lucky that you're not me lol. I'm playing the game at 640 x 480 resolution, with my monitor changed to the same resolution. This is when the low end pc box is checked. I tried playing it at 800 x 600, with my monitor at the same resolution, and 15 fps is what I get the most if I'm lucky though. So its kinda bad XD. I don't know how much fps I get with the smaller resolution, especially when it tends to go down a bit when fighting, but it's still playable I guess.

Anyways I feel for you man. Our toasters just sucks especially mine lol.

On 25.01.2016 at 5:34 AM, Setzaroth said:

Don't feel bad, even with a solid gaming PC, this game has TERRIBLE frame rate drops. Some of the worst I've ever seen. This games graphics are from 2007. People with off the shelf laptops from 2013 should be able to run it at 60fps easy.

LOL man i don't know if you're serious or what. There is no mmo without framerate drops, even the old Metin2 have framerate drops on trade channel. But have you played tera online? BnS is way more prettier and still runs smoother than tera.

Archived