Forums

Launcher problem

EnmaOu

So my launcher is loading normally after the email and password screen. Then it checks the files everytime, and everytime it decides to download a 85 bytes of repair file which doesnt load for some time. When it does hack shield launches and i get my bns dragon circle thingy and game launches. I made my peace with this process since game worked but today i got stuck at the 85 bytes of downoad the hack shield never lounches and game doesnt open. No error no nothing. Reset both my computer and modem and launcher obviously. Can anyone help me?

im on win8 64bit

Me and my friend are having the same exact issue. The client and launcher were fine until just yesterday. There is no specific error to report. File repair did not fix the problem. I really am disappointed that the game has broken in less than a week for apparently no reason. Any help would be appreciated, but I am really not looking forward to reinstalling the entire 25GB so please suggest an alternative solution. I am using Windows 7 x64 bit 

Update 1: I just completely uninstalled /reinstalled the NCSOFT game launcher. When I opened the launcher it successfully updated itself to the latest version. However, I had the same issue.

Update 2: I was able to launch the game by disabling some non Windows services and setting the B&S / NCSoft Launcher to run as administrator. I'm not sure what exactly fixed the issue but my guess is that some other service is messing with the client? If you want to try this click START button type in MSCONFIG. Go to Services. Check the Hide all Microsoft Services box at the bottom. Then go through each service and try turning unnecessary ones off. 

Archived