RheaXen

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BCJinx said:

We even have our own Romeo and Juliet!

nRHIGHJ.png            

6Cg9HFo.jpg

Ahhh the sweet love between a Thrashtail and a Ploggle.

I love this! xD

I've got some more:
We also have a Don Juan (means womanizer in Spanish, he is also a fictional character). GIRLS! Careful with this one!
G49OibX.png

Blade and Soul feat. English sayings: "Every dog has its day"
WVDBRUN.png

I forgot to take a screenshot of this one. In Spirestone Canyon there is a quest called d "Old soldier, bold soldier" (you deliver it to Lei Janshi in Yonkai Skeleton Crew). I knew I heard this one somewhere and googled it.  It seems to come from Doctor Who: '... there are old soldiers and there are bold soldiers, but there are very few old, bold soldiers.'
https://dailypop.wordpress.com/2012/04/06/doctor-who-big-finish-the-companion-chronicles-old-soldiers/

On 29/1/2016 at 4:18 AM, Rinniika said:

There's a quest called 'There Will Be Bloody Jiangshi.' Reference to 'There Will Be Blood.'

LOL, I guess these references are why NCSoft was taking such a long time to release BnS. Worth it?

Yeah! It is still a reference. I wonder about that as well as any other of the social mode stuff. 

I never paid attention to this one until today. The Dragon Trade Union NPC in Yehara's Mirage says the following:
NoYQw1Z.png

Sooo... I googled "zenny currency" and I found this:
"Zenny is the fictional currency seen in many Capcom games, including the Mega Man and Breath of Fire series."
And for "bits":
- "Bit is a colloquial expression referring to specific coins in various coinages throughout the world."

- "Bitcoin is a digital asset and a payment system invented by Satoshi Nakamoto."
- (This one... lol) "Bits are the standard form of currency of MLP Friendship is Magic."

I also found the Zelda reference that somebody mentioned some days ago! :D
3yVH8cU.png

A Tale of Two Sisters is a Korea movie... I don't know if it's an actual reference
4bghWEb.png

I also don't know if this one is a reference too but there is a musician called Jake La Botz who made an album called "All Souls and No Money"
HbTErlA.png

The Great Escape!
Twbjtoi.png

Tony Stark?
6IFcT1v.png

In Caverns of Mastery (where you first met the eight masters) there is a daily with Master Cho's grandchildren, they're looking for a skillbook, but it's guarded by a bear, Yo Gi. After you've gotten the book, she's thinking "what would a bear have a hat for anyway" or something that effect. Reference to Yogi the Bear by Hanna Barbera. Though her remark feels kinda out of place, since the bear doesn't have a hat (as far as i've seen).

Archived