References to books/games/movies in B&S

RheaXen

Because of the lack of a better forum part to post this... I'll just do it here. 

So a friend of mine and I have encountered some references to other stuff in game. It would be cool if other players find references and post them here.

1. There is a quest at Sillbrook Monastery called "Portrait of the King of Thieves as a Young Man: Part I" (reference: "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, 1916, James Joyce)
hosgQs7.png

2. My friend found a possible Starwars quote. A character tells you "Walk in light, cricket. Anger is the path to the darkside."
(No image available yet)

3. Soha humming and sniping - My friend found her stance and humming (and clothes... but well) very similar to the Quiet Humming in Metal Gear Solid V.

Soha's intro: 

MGS V Quiet Humming: /watch?v=o2DOI7jLSjY

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this idea :)

Keep the numbering going!

4.Me and some friends have noticed something in bamboo village: the guy that comes screaming that there are pirates. The townsfolk then say, he's always lying, we think it's a reference to One Piece's Usopp, as he's knows for being a liar. The first thing you see of Usopp is that he comes screaming towards the village that pirates are attacking :p

5.My friend also noticed a mini-boss named Yamcha, reference to DBZ?

There are a few more, but I forgot them xd, like quest titles etc

Oh my! I thought the topic would not be catchy enough for any reply but thank you! That reference to Usopp is awesome. Let's not forget that Usopp is based on "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" (a story about a boy who always says the wolf is attacking his sheep but it is never true... until it comes). I did not see the mini boss yet... I hope to be able to log in someday hahaha.

3 minutes ago, RheaXen said:

Oh my! I thought the topic would not be catchy enough for any reply but thank you! That reference to Usopp is awesome. Let's not forget that Usopp is based on "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" (a story about a boy who always says the wolf is attacking his sheep but it is never true... until it comes). I did not see the mini boss yet... I hope to be able to log in someday hahaha.

Is it really :o nice I didn't know that.

There is also Pokey, the scorpion. Who has the quest: That's what it's all about!

Which is a reference of that silly dance: Hokey Pokey.

"Put your right leg in, take your right leg out. Put your right leg in and you shake it all about. You do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!"

I'd love to see that scorpion try to dance the Hokey Pokey.

1 hour ago, BCJinx said:

There is also Pokey, the scorpion. Who has the quest: That's what it's all about!

Which is a reference of that silly dance: Hokey Pokey.

"Put your right leg in, take your right leg out. Put your right leg in and you shake it all about. You do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!"

I'd love to see that scorpion try to dance the Hokey Pokey.

Good catch! That's actually pretty funny. Never thought about that one.

22 hours ago, Utage said:

Good catch! That's actually pretty funny. Never thought about that one.

Thanks! It was the first reference I caught and now I hum the Hokey Pokey whenever I kill him. It has been stuck in my head the past couple days. xD

A daily quest name in the cementery is a direct reference to  Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, having mr. hyde in the name itself, but I can't remember whcih one it is.

Also that tall blonde guy from the story that looks like Cloud says "I'll be back" in a terminator way. I don't pay much attention to the story though, it was at a cinematic I left because I was checking my phone.

I remember him flying in some sort of kite

10 hours ago, 846806_1452550169 said:

there is a quest called "A Link to the Past and Present" (but idk if its a Zelda reference or not)

It is... most likely LOL.

Thank you all for the effort and help guys !:D Let's keep this going! I wonder how many more references there are and we never paid attention to them! I also saw the Mr. Hyde reference but I never took a screenshot of it and the Superman one is hilarious.

9 hours ago, tav said:

@RheaXen oh man i saw something similar and possibly a bit offensive(or is it just me?) yesterday in-game similar to that

A_zps4v4uqld9.jpg

I'm not sure what to see in here. o.o What do you mean by offensive? I should take some more coffee to wake up lol. I can only read "Do not want" x_X

Archived