Ridiculous drop rate.

TheKraigon

Ive been farming blackram narrows for 2 DAYS trying to get the blight guantlet to breakthrough my Hongmoon gauntlet, i have yet to get it. Honestly considering just quiting this game altogether because this is so frustraiting. So much wasted time on this one dungeon.

yeah rng can be really really suck if you're unlucky

your best bet at blackram narrow is to wait for the last boss to drop the gauntlet, those weapon chests are probably rigged with lowered chance to drop your own class weapon

If your boss spamming then just change channel immediately after you pick up the item. It helps to fight more and get chances at rares. But as far as two days go you have to give the developers time to adjust the game. This isn't a fast food restaurant so getting things for order will not happen. Be patient.

forgekeepers can craft chests which are tradeable and u know which weapon comes out of it ... thing is, forgekeepers need some mats for it and need to find recipt to be able to craft it ... so maybe there wont be chests in the AH, and if, they will be expencive ... even so, just search after "Forgekeeper Blight Illusion gauntlet chest"

EDIT: Oh, the item which comes out names "blighted illusion ..." so, its probably not what u need for the breakthrough :O

16 hours ago, TheKraigon said:

Ive been farming blackram narrows for 2 DAYS trying to get the blight guantlet to breakthrough my Hongmoon gauntlet, i have yet to get it. Honestly considering just quiting this game altogether because this is so frustraiting. So much wasted time on this one dungeon.

Hahaha rage quit! If your patience isn't good enough for this game then go ahead and quit. :) Go play something where you get everything you want right away.

17 hours ago, TheKraigon said:

2 days? Let me quess you've run 5 runs each day before you decided make this thread? Seriously. If you dont like rng then go buy blue key from store costs like 80 nccoins so yeah. Problem solved.

Let me tell you something i run 118 times. Every freaking moment i was playing i was doing solo runs brightstone ruins so i could get my merry pottery recipe and i got it. Do you see me creating threads and crying about rng? No. Live with it

59 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

2 days? Let me quess you've run 5 runs each day before you decided make this thread? Seriously. If you dont like rng then go buy blue key from store costs like 80 nccoins so yeah. Problem solved.

Let me tell you something i run 118 times. Every freaking moment i was playing i was doing solo runs brightstone ruins so i could get my merry pottery recipe and i got it. Do you see me creating threads and crying about rng? No. Live with it

A recipe and a weapon one day in to gameplay, is not quite the same. I would understand this kind of drop rates if we neared endgame. I mean end game almost always equals grind. But this is ridiculous, a lvl 18-20 dungeon. First dungeon in the game for that fact, its not suppose to be this frustrating. One would simply run out of keys, not to mention you most definitely would need them later. You see, i do not have anything against grinding, but not in the first game dungeon. You are supposed to be eased in and not club smacked. The most definitely need to check loot tables. And for some odd reason the favor leans heavily in favor of getting assassin, blademaster and kung fu master weapons. More so for the first two.

10 minutes ago, RustyCircuit said:

A recipe and a weapon one day in to gameplay, is not quite the same. I would understand this kind of drop rates if we neared endgame. I mean end game almost always equals grind. But this is ridiculous, a lvl 18-20 dungeon. First dungeon in the game for that fact, its not suppose to be this frustrating. One would simply run out of keys, not to mention you most definitely would need them later. You see, i do not have anything against grinding, but not in the first game dungeon. You are supposed to be eased in and not club smacked. The most definitely need to check loot tables. And for some odd reason the favor leans heavily in favor of getting assassin, blademaster and kung fu master weapons. More so for the first two.

Poster says he/she been farming 2 days we have no clue how many times player has completed the dungeon.
Second of all you guys might not even remotely know how much diffrent weapons leveling was in past so now its kind of free gift up to lvl 36 without any effort. Also if player does not like rng she/he can buy blue key for 80 coins from store to avoid that.

Then about each player has 2 chances of getting weapon they want from that dungeon. From boss drop and from free box. So its 1/7 each time which is so much higher than that recipe that i gave you as compromision. That recipe first of all is extra 7th loot from boss and competetes against gem pouch so game decides which one player gets then it decides what kind of recipe it will give and thats out of 5 or 6. So yes its much more time consuming than getting weapon from narrows. just live with it

2 hours ago, Ninfu said:

Then about each player has 2 chances of getting weapon they want from that dungeon. From boss drop and from free box. So its 1/7 each time which is so much higher than that recipe that i gave you as compromision. That recipe first of all is extra 7th loot from boss and competetes against gem pouch so game decides which one player gets then it decides what kind of recipe it will give and thats out of 5 or 6. So yes its much more time consuming than getting weapon from narrows. just live with it

You are comparing apples and trees. A recipe is supposed to be hard to come by. It is logical and natural and if i will ever farm for one, THAT is what i would expect. Not the first dungeon weapon though. I personally runned10 rounds today and if you count 14 rounds yesterday in grand total 24 rounds. We will talk for now about boss loot drops and set aside chests. Final boss droped three assassin blades, three blademaster blades and two gauntlets for kungfu fighters and remaining two were a staff and a weapon for force master. I have yet to see an axe drop. In 24 rounds the weapon i needed (forcemaster) droped one time. 24 rounds is enough room for each weapon to drop 3 times, plus 3 spare spare attempts remain. Another forcemaster outbid me, so i will keep on running, but that is not the point, the point is - that person apparently did 61 runs and got the weapon droped ONCE. They basically lvled in that dungeon. 

I do expect a grind, i appreciate that the crafting is so much easier, I even consider to support this game. I like it. But it dose NOT change the fact that loot tables are not supposed to be that way in a verry fisrt group dungeon of the game. And if you count in the boxes that person opened, there you have youre 120+ attempts...

It's a 1/8 chance of getting it so yeah, the odds are obviously stacked against you. It's kind of funny seeing people say the chests are rigged not to drop your weapon. I got the Blackram Narrows gauntlet my third go. A lot of people lie about the number of times they ran a dungeon too, so it seems like the RNG is broken.

If you're really desperate just buy a brilliant key off the store.

22 minutes ago, Utage said:

It's a 1/8 chance of getting it so yeah, the odds are obviously stacked against you. It's kind of funny seeing people say the chests are rigged not to drop your weapon. I got the Blackram Narrows gauntlet my third go. A lot of people lie about the number of times they ran a dungeon too, so it seems like the RNG is broken.

If you're really desperate just buy a brilliant key off the store.

Sight, I am. I am considering it, but im afraid my stubbornness will take hold and it will become a matter of principle. LOL for me, for taking the game too seriously. And there is, of course, the fact - i do not like it, when a game forces me into a corner. I suppose one can stretch it out over a week or so, doing 10 rounds per day, but that will delay my ingame progression and drive me away from the game entirely. Arent games supposed to be fun and engaging till middle lvl at least? Right now it just leaves a mass of frustration, but hey, im just that one random player. Im sure others had better luck. 

P.s. Yes, the other person might have lied, but the fact remains open, i have yet to see an axe drop from the Boss .-. and it is not even the weapon i need.

3 minutes ago, RustyCircuit said:

Sight, I am. I am considering it, but im afraid my stubbornness will take hold and it will become a matter of principle. LOL for me, for taking the game too seriously. And there is, of course, the fact - i do not like it, when a game forces me into a corner. I suppose i can stretch it out over a week or so, doing 10 rounds per day, but that will delay my ingame progression and drive me away from the game entirely. Arent games supposed to be fun and engaging till middle lvl at least? Right now it just leaves me frustrated to no end, but hey, im just that one random player. Im sure others had better luck. 

P.s. Yes, the other person might have lied, but the fact remains open, i have yet to see an axe drop from the Boss .-. and it is not even the weapon i need.

If you're really having bad luck, all I can say is to not get impatient. While I was running Blackram for the Stratus outfit, I joked around a bit with my parties and just enjoyed myself. One group even stuck around with me for a few hours that night to help me get it after they got their stuff. I notice a lot of parties tend to just run without saying much, so being friendly can go a long way.

If all else fails you could always try sacrificing virgins to the RNG gods (but don't use me!).

38 minutes ago, RadiantFists said:

>spends two days of time, resources, gameplay

>item needed is literally only A SINGLE DOLLAR on the cashshop
>can also find item on ingame ah

>mfw lolwut

Do not try to make it out something it is not. It is not about cash, it is about time vs potential reward... It is about the fact this kind of wall hits you square in the face 20 lvls into gameplay, three days in. This kind of stuff tends to discourage people from playing. The second the game is NOT fun, there is zero reason to play it. I like game frustrations...Just not three days in. Not even that. This is not even middle game content we are talking here. The rule of thumb for me is: i spend money on things i enjoy, not on things that frustrate me. You might be different and who am I to tell you otherwise. And the main point people like you miss is that: this is literally FIRST group dungeon. Had it been second, I wont even touch end game dungeons (if there are any), i would not be here. I would keep on playing, one expects grind in middle/end game. Sure you can say, one dose not need that weapon, but if one keeps on playing till end game, you would be gimped compared to those who did upgrade it. You can see the difference in power even now. 

Or maybe im just not used to korean grind MMos anymore, in which case good thing, the wall spared my personal time. With that said. Good day to you all.

It is quite terrible, yes. I have been trying to get the red mask in the Foundry for a week. I have run the dungeon over 200 times, and still haven't seen it. I went until run 150, and got so fed up, I started questing again. After a while I started seeing a few people with the mask and said "damn it!" Then I went back to try another 50 times. I have always been unlucky with drops though...

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO ADMIT THAT THE RNG IN THIS GAME IS FUNDAMENTALLY BROKEN!? 

It's done in order to push NCoins on people and it works tremendously. People are doing it for them right now.

I ended up using all my keys on the first wheel when you reach lvl 10. 
Rerolled a char.

If you really are getting impatient just continue leveling there's a suvey that awards you with a blue key

or reroll a new character but playing again to 20 might be boring

On 1/25/2016 at 7:45 AM, RustyCircuit said:

Blackram Narrow isn't the first dungeon in the game.  It is however, the first hard one.  Korean based MMOs tend to be grindy by default.  This isn't really anything new for me.  A flag should have been thrown when you can reach level 45 in 1 - 3 days easily.     

Archived