[FIX] Launcher Not Downloading

Lunaus

So I saw some posts about the launcher not downloading, well it happened to me but I had already downloaded the game and it error'd out on me so I uninstalled it (or so I thought) and attempted reinstall. After a few tries with the launcher not downloading and only the game files I looked for other solutions. So here is what I did...

• Open your Start Menu
  • Type: regedit (make sure it runs as admin)
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
  • SOFTWARE
  • WOW6432Node
  • Find NCWest (or w/e area you have)
  • Delete it!

Launcher should download and allow you to run it and download the game
EDIT: Removing the NCWest folder *WILL NOT* corrupt your Operating System. If you don't know what the file path is for then google it and make up your own decision on whether or not you want to use this method. HERE is a tutorial on how you do it for ANY program, and HERE is a tutorial by Microsoft.

Changes made to the Windows registry happen immediately, and no backup is automatically made. Do not edit the Windows registry unless you are confident about doing so. YOU CAN totally mess up your Operating System if you mess something up. If you’re not computer savvy do not do that. He should have warned you.

1 hour ago, Gluxdator said:

Changes made to the Windows registry happen immediately, and no backup is automatically made. Do not edit the Windows registry unless you are confident about doing so. YOU CAN totally mess up your Operating System if you mess something up. If you’re not computer savvy do not do that. He should have warned you.

I wouldn't be advising people to do this if I didn't know it works. I'm not some computer illiterate who randomly started looking into things. The only thing you're doing is removing left over registries from the download. I do this for other games as well that don't fully uninstall when you use the uninstall EXE through the game folder or Control Panel.

Removing the game folder WILL NOT corrupt or otherwise mess up your operating system, these are ONLY software folders with registry key inputs.

I’m not trying to be rude at all to you, or your fix. There are people out there who are not computer literate, and even though your steps are clear can still mess it up. Deal with it all the time at work lol. You don’t want anyone to try this and mess up and blame you lol. Your good bro. I put a disclaimer there for you.

Archived