Disconnected from server "error"

TheGOHgamer

uSGcHp2.png

This is really becoming unbearable. During the headstart period, this was not happening but all of a sudden I get this error message every 5 to 10 minutes.

I am paying for a month of premium and for the past few days I have not been able to play and there has been no indication of when this issue will be fixed. I feel like I have wasted my money for a month's game time on a game I can't play. No MMO launch is without it's issues but this is ridiculous.

And not only does the game shut itself down, it disconnect me from the internet so the router has to reboot. My internet connection is perfectly stable, I get no issues with other games or any other issues with connectivity otherwise, but as soon as I start playing this game after 40 minutes in the queue; within 5 minutes I get this error and the game / internet disconnects. I've troubleshoot the issue various times to rule out the cause and nothing on my end is causing this. I have contacted my ISP and everything is stable on their end also.

What is causing this? I have never heard of a game not only disconnecting from the server, but also disconnecting the user from their own internet service. To test this, I have stayed online for 24 hours playing other games doing other tasks and have had no problems, then I sign into the Ncsoft launcher, wait 40 minutes, then get booted out after 5 minutes. This is very strange and extremely annoying.

This needs to be fixed really fast at the risk of losing many players, and considering Black Desert Online is on the way, Ncsoft really need to stp things up.

On a side note, if you are experiencing connectivity issues like this, do not purchase consumables with a time limit because if; no, WHEN you get disconnected your consumable and money used to purchase that consumable will be wasted since the timer does not pause when not logged in. So if you have increased combat XP for 30 minutes and get kicked from the game, that 30 minutes will be gone by the time you log back in and get thrown into another queue and an infinite disconnect cycle.

I don't intend to start all over again. That would be a a waste of time and money and effort. We need a server tranfer to get us off these ridiculously overpopulated servers. Other MMOs do it so it's not that hard.

After 52+ minutes, I am not in the game, until it decides to disconnect me again. If it doesn't disconnect me I am going to have to put a wedge in my keyboard to run against a wall so I don't get AFK kicked into another one hour Archeage type queue.

• 2 weeks later...

This was my SOLUTION in resolving the disconnection problem. This game is TOO GOOD in my opinion for people to have to suffer through these infuriating problems!!! It’s worth it people!

My experience started pre-launch and persisted through head start and launch. My problem is the intermittent but constant Disconnected from server.(1000)(132,10054)”, “Disconnected from server.(1000)(132,10060)” and “Disconnected from server.(3000)(132,10060)” experienced while in-game. I will give as much details as I can since I seemed to have resolved the issue. I’ve noticed a few posts through these forums on this topic but no solutions that worked for me (also, my search function doesn’t seem to be in these forums) until I tried this.

I purchased a Disciple Founders pack before name reservation but after CBT. I had the launcher installed at this same time (looking at launcher properties it was labeled BnS_CBT whereas now it’s just BnS). My first issue was with having the CBT version of the launcher/client installed which meant I could not launch the client after ‘verifying files’ (Error E02018). On day one of head start I spent hours with NCSoft tech support trying to resolve this. They ignored or missed my comment explaining that it was a CBT version of the client so eventually when I tried a full uninstall and reinstall that problem went away. I bring this up because during the troubleshooting NCSoft support had me run a program called PingPlotter for 30+ minutes to their IP address (for NA 64.25.35.100). This test showed that I was experiencing packet loss and that I would need to contact my ISP for further assistance. Since I despise working with Comcast and since I am a technician myself I began troubleshooting and attempting repairs on my own.

So, at that point my game would launch properly and function without errors but after playing for 20 to 120 minutes I would always get disconnected from the game with the messages I mentioned in the beginning. This was a constant occurrence that would happen to me at any point no matter what I was doing in the game. It happened while waiting in the long premium queues, in dungeons, in towns or while questing. It was so bad that if I couldn’t resolve it I was going to stop playing this game since this problem NEVER happened to me in other games.

Here’s everything I tried PRIOR to the disconnection error going away:

·        Power cycle modem/router

·        Connect directly to the modem (no router and cat 5e cable)

·        Tried using both wired and wireless connection

·        Tried new modem

·        Update and power cycle PC

·        Use different PC

·        Ensure latest drivers on all hardware

·        Bought brand new cat 6 ethernet cable and installed (10 Gig ethernet, reduces noise)

·        Completely uninstalled and reinstalled BnS (second time) and removed all registry keys

·        Uninstalled all antivirus/firewall programs and deactivated Windows firewall

None of these things made any difference in the frequency of the disconnections.

Two steps I took which have since led to NO DISCONNECT problems (going on 2 weeks):

·        Trace every single coaxial cable connection from the telephone pole to my modem and test for bad connections at every connection (ISP has a radio frequency leakage meter if you don’t)

o   Found a loose connection in a male-to-male coupler outside on the side of my house (also happened to be the point which my cable is connected to earth/ground)

·        Found that my power strip for my living room entertainment system, which is where my modem is plugged in, was NOT a grounded socket (old house)

o   Ran an extension cable (of appropriate rating) with proper ground to the power strip

Since I addressed those two problems (possibly other steps contributed) I have not once been disconnected from the game at any point. I have been playing like this for almost 2 weeks without a single error.

Another faster way to test if this solution may work for you would be to connect to the internet using a different ISP. Something like a 4g hotspot using mobile data.

Hope this helps someone!

Archived