Sign in to follow this  
Lovele

Question about combat (comparison to tera)

Recommended Posts

Lovele   

Hi guys. I am lvl 18 atm but I still don't get the combat. In BnS you don't need to aim your skills like you would do in tera or an fps game?

Like I am killing this mob that has a rifle. He shoots a bullet, I run around the mob attacking him, and the bullet just follows me and goes in circle and still hits me.

Can any1 please explain this to me? As a tera player I get it really hard.

 

My question is practically if there is no aim system and if there is no dodge mechanic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lovele   

This is pretty dull then. Anything I do I can't avoid getting hit by a mob no hard I try dodging. This is so boring if I just have to facetank everything lol. Can't call this an action mmo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aroth   
1 minute ago, Lovele said:

This is pretty dull then. Anything I do I can't avoid getting hit by a mob no hard I try dodging. This is so boring if I just have to facetank everything lol. Can't call this an action mmo.

How can you not call this action mmo ? This mmo has the most action then any other mmo other there at the moment . (Combos, movement , blocks , evading... ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What class are you? Each class has its own unique way of "blocking and dodging" If you dont have the literal dodge skill then no you can't dodge. Blade Master has block, I know that. Another class has dodge, another has roll, I'm Summoner, I have a Seed Shroud counter. 

Edited by CMFiend420

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MegaGame   

this game seem to be more about counter/block then dodge at what I payed so fare.

 

Atlest combat is not as bad as skyforge.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ango   

The bullets hit you precisely because you didn't dodge.

In B&S you have to dodge attacks just as you would in Tera. Timing is key. If your timing is off, then yes, the bullet will follow you and hit you no matter what. Running around, screaming 'please don't hurt me' isn't the same as dodging/i-framing an incoming attack. Running around only helps vs mele fighters, ranged attacks you have to either block or dodge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lovele   

I am a destroyer and in tera I mained an archer. And coming from my archer here on my destroyer it feels so slow and so boring... With the archer in tera I had to aim all my skills. Here I just need to facetank everything and spam buttons, because there is no way to dodge. Or at least I didn't found 1 yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aroth said:

How can you not call this action mmo ? This mmo has the most action then any other mmo other there at the moment . (Combos, movement , blocks , evading... ) 

 

(cough) vindictus (end cough)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lovele   
3 minutes ago, Ango said:

The bullets hit you precisely because you didn't dodge.

In B&S you have to dodge attacks just as you would in Tera. Timing is key. If your timing is off, then yes, the bullet will follow you and hit you no matter what. Running around, screaming 'please don't hurt me' isn't the same as dodging/i-framing an incoming attack. Running around only helps vs mele fighters, ranged attacks you have to either block or dodge.

 

But ... in real life bullets don't follow you. I know I shouldn't make this comparison but in tera if I shoot with my archer a skill to enemy, and enemy jumps to the left or right my arrow will go straight where i shot it...it won't follow the enemy...

This is my perplexity with bns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MegaGame   
2 minutes ago, Lovele said:

I am a destroyer and in tera I mained an archer. And coming from my archer here on my destroyer it feels so slow and so boring... With the archer in tera I had to aim all my skills. Here I just need to facetank everything and spam buttons, because there is no way to dodge. Or at least I didn't found 1 yet.

 

 

then dont take the heavy melee classe if you dont like that play stile, try the classes that is more about dodge then.

Talking about Tera, then the destroyer is probly closer to the berserker, melee, big attacks high defence.

so look like more you choose wrong class to your playstile not a game problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aroth   
Just now, Drremorre said:

 

(cough) vindictus (end cough)

True but vindictus is not like BnS . Vindictus is purely instance based .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aroth said:

True but vindictus is not like BnS . Vindictus is purely instance based .

 

I thought we were talking about the combat? Regardless it still falls under the category of MMO just without the open world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ango   

I played Tera for 3 years myself (mystic and archer) so I know it's very different and takes some getting used to. In B&S you really have to dodge, or projectiles and spells are going to follow you around. Simply stepping out of harm's way doesn't do the trick vs ranged fighters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Play LBM(blade dancer) or an assassin if you like speed charcs, and in this game classes have ways to dodge/block/counter stuff in their kits, it's not done with moving around normally you also get rewarded for dodging with said skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lovele   
1 minute ago, Ango said:

I played Tera for 3 years myself (mystic and archer) so I know it's very different and takes some getting used to. In B&S you really have to dodge, or projectiles and spells are going to follow you around. Simply stepping out of harm's way doesn't do the trick vs ranged fighters.

This is what I am talking about. In Tera just using jump skill would make me dodge the incoming arrow. Or simply moving to the left. In here I have no idea what Im supposed to do lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I main archer in tera (pretty shit doe) but i find blade dancer is the closest thing to an archer as it require muscle memory and speed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Lovele said:

This is what I am talking about. In Tera just using jump skill would make me dodge the incoming arrow. Or simply moving to the left. In here I have no idea what Im supposed to do lol.

 

Think like this:

 

In tera, you walk left and you dodged an arrow.

 

Here, you got to either evade on the last second, or use a block skill (if you have) to avoid getting hurt.

 

This is why B&S is so combat intense. You can't just be walking and shooting stuff, you got to time your attacks, learn your opponent attacks in order to out-match them. One thing is for sure, the first 10 or 20 mobs you kill (of a certain type) you will always lose some hp. Once you learn their attacks, you can then properly dodge every incoming attack.

 

This is coming from a player whose main is a BM (lvl 36) and force master (18)

Edited by DianaLuna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same bullshit is in tera.I seen plenty of npc spells follow me even thro i dodged miles away.Tera combat compared to bns is so slow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There isnt really any atk spd aspect like in tera so its faster paced.

Not all classes can block with a skill but those usually have more evasive skills/counters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Faster pace but same rubbish. If you are here cuz of pvp better go for gw2 or bloodline champions (both F2P, the first one* truly F2P). I m fed up with this game; fcking disappointed with PVE and never ending waiting in queue..

 

edit*

Edited by slowloris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, unfortunately BnS is a lot less non-target-ish than Tera (although Tera also have a lot lock-and-fire skill which is a total bs in my opinion). Dunno whether there is completely non-target open-world mmo on the western market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luxie   

I am not sure if you have a skewed perception or if they changed a lot but many of the archers in Tera or even some of the mages had lock on abilities you couldn't side step unless you timed it correctly which is the same in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snack   

In Tera, some skills can hit you if you're behind the enemy, ( slayer, archer/sorc lock-ons ), and no, you cannot jump to avoid an arrow thats false, you jump you get kded, i played tera for years and i had to just get used to blocking here as a BM, and ofc iframing when you cant block certain attacks, but then it's all about learning the attack patterns and timing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this