Question about combat (comparison to tera)

Lovele

Hi guys. I am lvl 18 atm but I still don't get the combat. In BnS you don't need to aim your skills like you would do in tera or an fps game?

Like I am killing this mob that has a rifle. He shoots a bullet, I run around the mob attacking him, and the bullet just follows me and goes in circle and still hits me.

Can any1 please explain this to me? As a tera player I get it really hard.

My question is practically if there is no aim system and if there is no dodge mechanic?

1 minute ago, Lovele said:

This is pretty dull then. Anything I do I can't avoid getting hit by a mob no hard I try dodging. This is so boring if I just have to facetank everything lol. Can't call this an action mmo.

How can you not call this action mmo ? This mmo has the most action then any other mmo other there at the moment . (Combos, movement , blocks , evading... ) 

What class are you? Each class has its own unique way of "blocking and dodging" If you dont have the literal dodge skill then no you can't dodge. Blade Master has block, I know that. Another class has dodge, another has roll, I'm Summoner, I have a Seed Shroud counter. 

The bullets hit you precisely because you didn't dodge.

In B&S you have to dodge attacks just as you would in Tera. Timing is key. If your timing is off, then yes, the bullet will follow you and hit you no matter what. Running around, screaming 'please don't hurt me' isn't the same as dodging/i-framing an incoming attack. Running around only helps vs mele fighters, ranged attacks you have to either block or dodge.

I am a destroyer and in tera I mained an archer. And coming from my archer here on my destroyer it feels so slow and so boring... With the archer in tera I had to aim all my skills. Here I just need to facetank everything and spam buttons, because there is no way to dodge. Or at least I didn't found 1 yet.

3 minutes ago, Ango said:

The bullets hit you precisely because you didn't dodge.

In B&S you have to dodge attacks just as you would in Tera. Timing is key. If your timing is off, then yes, the bullet will follow you and hit you no matter what. Running around, screaming 'please don't hurt me' isn't the same as dodging/i-framing an incoming attack. Running around only helps vs mele fighters, ranged attacks you have to either block or dodge.

But ... in real life bullets don't follow you. I know I shouldn't make this comparison but in tera if I shoot with my archer a skill to enemy, and enemy jumps to the left or right my arrow will go straight where i shot it...it won't follow the enemy...

This is my perplexity with bns.

2 minutes ago, Lovele said:

I am a destroyer and in tera I mained an archer. And coming from my archer here on my destroyer it feels so slow and so boring... With the archer in tera I had to aim all my skills. Here I just need to facetank everything and spam buttons, because there is no way to dodge. Or at least I didn't found 1 yet.

then dont take the heavy melee classe if you dont like that play stile, try the classes that is more about dodge then.

Talking about Tera, then the destroyer is probly closer to the berserker, melee, big attacks high defence.

so look like more you choose wrong class to your playstile not a game problem.

I played Tera for 3 years myself (mystic and archer) so I know it's very different and takes some getting used to. In B&S you really have to dodge, or projectiles and spells are going to follow you around. Simply stepping out of harm's way doesn't do the trick vs ranged fighters.

1 minute ago, Ango said:

I played Tera for 3 years myself (mystic and archer) so I know it's very different and takes some getting used to. In B&S you really have to dodge, or projectiles and spells are going to follow you around. Simply stepping out of harm's way doesn't do the trick vs ranged fighters.

This is what I am talking about. In Tera just using jump skill would make me dodge the incoming arrow. Or simply moving to the left. In here I have no idea what Im supposed to do lol.

22 minutes ago, Lovele said:

This is what I am talking about. In Tera just using jump skill would make me dodge the incoming arrow. Or simply moving to the left. In here I have no idea what Im supposed to do lol.

Think like this:

In tera, you walk left and you dodged an arrow.

Here, you got to either evade on the last second, or use a block skill (if you have) to avoid getting hurt.

This is why B&S is so combat intense. You can't just be walking and shooting stuff, you got to time your attacks, learn your opponent attacks in order to out-match them. One thing is for sure, the first 10 or 20 mobs you kill (of a certain type) you will always lose some hp. Once you learn their attacks, you can then properly dodge every incoming attack.

This is coming from a player whose main is a BM (lvl 36) and force master (18)

Faster pace but same rubbish. If you are here cuz of pvp better go for gw2 or bloodline champions (both F2P, the first one* truly F2P). I m fed up with this game; fcking disappointed with PVE and never ending waiting in queue..

edit*

I am not sure if you have a skewed perception or if they changed a lot but many of the archers in Tera or even some of the mages had lock on abilities you couldn't side step unless you timed it correctly which is the same in this game.

In Tera, some skills can hit you if you're behind the enemy, ( slayer, archer/sorc lock-ons ), and no, you cannot jump to avoid an arrow thats false, you jump you get kded, i played tera for years and i had to just get used to blocking here as a BM, and ofc iframing when you cant block certain attacks, but then it's all about learning the attack patterns and timing

Archived