Golden Deva Gear

LordLokai

This needs to be tradeable, at very least the weapon boxes need to be tradeable, and defiantly the outfits... nothing more annoying then dealing with bullshit RNG and spending hours and countless keys and never getting your breakthrough item, for dungeons i get it bound is good. For the wheel? i dont see why we cant trade these items... especially at this level.

I haven't reached that section yet, but aren't the weapons you get from the boxes tradeable? The Stalker weapons back in the initial area can be traded and mailed around freely as long as you don't unseal them. Not the boxes, mind, but the actual weapons.

It would be nice if the outfits could be sold in the marketplace or handed out to alts, though.

8 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

This needs to be tradeable, at very least the weapon boxes need to be tradeable, and defiantly the outfits... nothing more annoying then dealing with bullshit RNG and spending hours and countless keys and never getting your breakthrough item, for dungeons i get it bound is good. For the wheel? i dont see why we cant trade these items... especially at this level.

Because the whole system hinges on RNG and the need for keys... it's how the game is setup. With the high speed of leveling, grindy stuff like that is practically the only thing that keeps people plying in late game (aside PvP). Personally, I find it better then say, Raid grinding in other MMO's.

On the other hand, I agree that more stuff should be tradeable - as it stands, the market is not really needed most of the time.

Deva is almost as easy as the Jiangshi....  so many people farm that boss over and over... sit there for an hour just killing it every time it pops...  you will get there, and probably have a full set of SoulShield, maybe an outfit or a new hat, scarf thing. 

I dunno there are other issues in this game that really need to be addressed over the RNG issue, like say Spammers/Bots, i know the mods can tell me till there blue in the face but until we all see results it amounts to a very small hill of beans.

6 minutes ago, Ildur said:

I haven't reached that section yet, but aren't the weapons you get from the boxes tradeable? The Stalker weapons back in the initial area can be traded and mailed around freely as long as you don't unseal them. Not the boxes, mind, but the actual weapons.

It would be nice if the outfits could be sold in the marketplace or handed out to alts, though.

Deva stuff is not tradeable at ll, boxes arent, the outfits aren't, and the weapons arent... i got lucky and got my weapon on my third or fourth box but my friend went through almost 20 boxes before he got his. stupid thing is I got a lynblade which i COULD have given him no issues, but its not tradeable. No reason these shouldn't be tradeable other then " to bottle neck " your experience and drag it out. I am sure is plenty of content coming, games been out for like 4 years no reason to hold us back...

2 minutes ago, Dradiinmmo said:

Deva is almost as easy as the Jiangshi....  so many people farm that boss over and over... sit there for an hour just killing it every time it pops...  you will get there, and probably have a full set of SoulShield, maybe an outfit or a new hat, scarf thing. 

I dunno there are other issues in this game that really need to be addressed over the RNG issue, like say Spammers/Bots, i know the mods can tell me till there blue in the face but until we all see results it amounts to a very small hill of beans.

Saddly is no stopping bots, any developer worth there salt will tell you this. Even the games with the BEST defenses like WoW cant keep bots and gold spammers out, in fact i think ONLY game really killed gold spammers/farmers is path of exile and more because is no gold in that game, its all item based... and i havent checked in ages to see if farmers ever found a work around for it. But i digress, it is an issue but i think are bigger ones then gold farmers and i hate to repeat myself but...

Until the auction system goes bye bye, you will see more and more gold farmers because that system PROMOTES buying gold, it says " if you want gear, better have gold " and most players are going to cave once they see the whales with 1000's of gold because they bought it. No real way to stop it, and whole game seems to cater to it... it needs more westernization as a whole for the US market, RNG is an issue i consider to be a big turn off in these games. I can deal with some RNG but its becoming layered which is killing my enjoyment of the game to some degree. 

If you don't like the rng buy a brilliant key and stop whining. The % chance to get your weapon is already so damn high compared to dropchances in other games it's a *cricket*ing joke that people complain about it.

5 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

Saddly is no stopping bots, any developer worth there salt will tell you this. Even the games with the BEST defenses like WoW cant keep bots and gold spammers out, in fact i think ONLY game really killed gold spammers/farmers is path of exile and more because is no gold in that game, its all item based... and i havent checked in ages to see if farmers ever found a work around for it. But i digress, it is an issue but i think are bigger ones then gold farmers and i hate to repeat myself but...

Until the auction system goes bye bye, you will see more and more gold farmers because that system PROMOTES buying gold, it says " if you want gear, better have gold " and most players are going to cave once they see the whales with 1000's of gold because they bought it. No real way to stop it, and whole game seems to cater to it... it needs more westernization as a whole for the US market, RNG is an issue i consider to be a big turn off in these games. I can deal with some RNG but its becoming layered which is killing my enjoyment of the game to some degree. 

I agree with you 100%

Too bad NCsoft won't do anything about it. Look how they handled other games Lineage 2 is a good example. Honestly the more i think about this the more i am convinced they are just trying to cash in and get as much people buying as they can before the other big game releases come out this year.

There are alot of them coming. I thinnk B&S is gonna have a hard time of it when Black Desert Online rolls out, hate it or love it, it is a direct competitor to B&S. then you have western Devs releasing this year; Camelot Unchained (no PvE all PvP) Crowfall, Tom Clancy's The Division. single player games like X-com2, and Farcry Primal, just to name a few.

Hmm, i dont know if it took them close to 4 years to translate a game that has been in release in Korea all that time, i am not sure how fast they can actually move to change and fix things before the deluge of games hits.

Its clear they didn't do enough research and didn't want to make any drastic changes to the game itself, which as we know... is required in the west. Alot of things that fly in Asia doesn't fly in the west. RNG isn't something most westerners are ok with, well to some degree but when you hit a certain level of layered RNG it can make people out right quit. Reading more and more i can tell i probably wont make it to the end, with transformation stones being required, and costing a literal arm and a leg. Fact that nodes are being super farmed by bots, and nobody can even get the stones... its going to become a real hassle later on... and while i DO love the kungfu flare of the game i wonder at what point the annoyance will get to me and force me away. 

Which is kinda sad since i do enjoy the game so far, i love the combat and even the story has me on the edge of my seat sometimes...

I don't know what RNG people are talking about for this game, I thought it was very easy to get everything within a reasonable amount of time. I mean compared to TERA RNG this is a beautiful thing here. I'll take a minuscule 20-30 tries over 300 any day.

2 minutes ago, Killian said:

I don't know what RNG people are talking about for this game, I thought it was very easy to get everything within a reasonable amount of time. I mean compared to TERA RNG this is a beautiful thing here. I'll take a minuscule 20-30 tries over 300 any day.

LOL or even worse, Lineage 2, wow that was some bad RNG. 

I think the problem is we are gettign players that are not used to Korean based MMO's and the RNG development put into the game. Those not used to this idea tend to get really angry.

1 minute ago, Dradiinmmo said:

LOL or even worse, Lineage 2, wow that was some bad RNG. 

I think the problem is we are gettign players that are not used to Korean based MMO's and the RNG development put into the game. Those not used to this idea tend to get really angry.

I'd hope that's all it is. Now I'm having flashbacks of Flyff and PWI  original_031.gif

6 minutes ago, Killian said:

I'd hope that's all it is. Now I'm having flashbacks of Flyff and PWI  original_031.gif

ROFL !!!

FLYFF i remember that, came out at the same time as Rappelz, i think the same devs even, and PWI was just insanity, those were the real pioneering days of Free to Play.

I think a part of it has to do with the items requiring a key for the "real" rng.

Psychologically, I think people would be more OK with a .1% chance drop if you only had to grind one thing, than a 10% chance, where there's a risk of having to break the rhythm to go grind coins for more keys. Which could literally take hours before lvl 45.

Not that it matters much - it's (as pointed out earlier and in other threads) an integral part of this game's filling.

I'm just glad I've been lucky this far and have a bunch of keys left for later levels.

Archived