Trying to figure out PvP

Makoren

I've played for a few days now, and I understand that BnS is a lot different from other MMOs when it comes to PvP combat. By the looks of it, it comes down to how you manage your CC breakers and how to CC yourself.

But... I'm clueless as to how to work on that. I play Blade Master, and at level 25 I have a parry stun on my block, Boot stun if I catch someone defending, and Anklebiter knockdown. When I get into PvP I can get chain CCed to death by Destroyers, Force Masters, Assassins, and Blade Dancers. As soon as I use Whirl or Second Wind to break CC I get chain CCed again, I have no clue how to follow up on that, especially if I have no focus. Are Blade Masters just weaker in terms of CC or am I doing something wrong?

Blademasters are an underpowered class.

Lots of people will tell you that it gets better with skill, and that's true, to an extent. Because classes like Destro, Summon, Assa, Blade dancer can do cancerous stuff.

BM is the most honourable, less cheap class in PvP.

You can feel good about yourself if you master it.

Git gud ! :D

As Ioyass said BMs are probably a bit weaker than other classes atm but don't let it get you down! I've seen some kick my a$$ in gold (and I'm an Assassin, probably your worst matchup). The thing is you have to learn the other classes, be it with guides online or through playing, just knowing the little things makes a world of difference. Like how the sword blade dancers throw at you pierces defense and gives them lots of chi back (like 8). I-frame it and they're in trouble. It's really about learning matchups and what your class can and cannot do. What to watch out for and what counterplay is appropriate. 

Also if you stick to your class (assuming you enjoy it still) you'll get progressively better and when the levl 50 patch hits you'll be a god among mere mortals. Besides you aren't so weak that you can't climb the ladder, there are BMs in gold. Just not as many as Scummoners.

BM is more technical and certainly a bit skill-point starved at 45, but definitely capable of getting to platinum+ ELO if you play it well enough.

I hate to tell you "just go level" but IMO you will have a better PVP experience if you are 40+ before you dedicate much time to PVP. You can have 4-5 more CCs to work into combos and bait out escapes with at that level. 

Some guides that have really helped me with class matchups:

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/134883-video-bm-pvp-tips-tricks-and-skill-builds-against-classes/

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/143175-deaths-big-blade-master-threat/

Archived