*HELP* Blackram Narrows - Blight Staff

Razielia

I am nearing level 30 and I have been farming Blackram Narrows dungeon for my Hongmoon staff upgrade (the Blight staff).... I have ran the dungeon 20+ times and have only gotten axe drops and sword drops.... I am starting to feel like I am doing something wrong here or I am incredibly unlucky..... I need this staff or else I can't upgrade my Hongmoon staff....

9 minutes ago, Razielia said:

I am nearing level 30 and I have been farming Blackram Narrows dungeon for my Hongmoon staff upgrade (the Blight staff).... I have ran the dungeon 20+ times and have only gotten axe drops and sword drops.... I am starting to feel like I am doing something wrong here or I am incredibly unlucky..... I need this staff or else I can't upgrade my Hongmoon staff....

Summoner here also, sorry to say i spent literally 6+ hours the day after headstart just farming Narrows for my staff to drop., i am not sure i would have leveled to 30 before getting. X-server dungeons made it go the fastest, i made my first 1.5 gold from all that farming... got a ton of salvage dust too. 

• NCSOFT

Hi,

You have a 1/8 chance of getting the weapon you need every time you open a Blight Weapon Chest with a regular or Hongmoon Key, and there are chances for weapons to drop during the dungeon. Some people will get their weapon first time, others won't be so lucky.

I am level 24 and am still farming for this stupid staff.... I've gotten literally every other weapon MANY times over than my own. It's gotten to the point that I feel that it was rigged somehow, and it's some sort of scam to get me to buy a class-specific key for unlocking the chest or something. 1 in 8 chance? :/ Sure....... 

23 minutes ago, finkployd said:

It took me 17 tries to get the staff from BRN.  Never bought a special key but I was tempted. I don't think it's rigged. That's just how RNG works. 1-8 does not mean kill it 8 times and it drops

I understand there's more to it than that, but I've gotten all the other 7 things over and over and over... so it makes me and OP wonder if it was rigged. I know I've tried upwards of 20x. I think it's kind of silly that it's an important upgrade in the game's progression and I'm getting the kind of RNG I get when I'm playing TERA and masterworking weapons. :( 

9 hours ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

You have a 1/8 chance of getting the weapon you need every time you open a Blight Weapon Chest with a regular or Hongmoon Key, and there are chances for weapons to drop during the dungeon. Some people will get their weapon first time, others won't be so lucky.

Verdict: Misleading.

After opening 8 successive chests, you only have a 66% chance of obtaining your item (That's not technically 1 in 8 as per the standard explanation).

May I once again direct you to my linked post regarding probabilities (still waiting on a response, not sure if you forgot). When discussing probability, you have to mention chances of obtaining said item after x# of rolls/tries/events.

ie: progression-gated, or F2P-gated.

8 minutes ago, 2501 said:

Verdict: Misleading.

After opening 8 successive chests, you only have a 66% chance of obtaining your item (That's not technically 1 in 8 as per the standard explanation).

May I once again direct you to my linked post regarding probabilities (still waiting on a response, not sure if you forgot). When discussing probability, you have to mention chances of obtaining said item after x# of rolls/tries/events.

ie: progression-gated, or F2P-gated.

Just saw it. Great post; thanks for doing the math for those of us who suck at it. The link was bugged and I just skimmed over it by accident.

This is really troubling... And I'm trying to get a low-level staff too! How many more times am I going to have to do this? Who decided to make this kind of RNG part of the progression? Just ran the dungeon again...well well well, it's an axe! How surprising! 

It's not like we're endgame. This is really frustrating. I wish I could just buy it from the marketplace. 

Summoner here; Its all RNG, I ran that dungeon over 25+ times, only seen two blight staffs from actual boss drop (bid) I didn't open any of my blight weapon box, assuming you're opening those, hang in there bud! 

EDIT; If you was curious about when the staffs actually dropped, it was my 2nd dungeon and 22nd dungeon.

-Nyaonix

I played this entire morning to mid-afternoon, and finally came across a staff in a bid.... and someone rich paid a buttload of money for it. I begged for it and they just laughed at me. Almost half a day gone. I didn't even stand a chance; I used all that I had. I feel so defeated. I wonder if I should just start over with another character. NC Soft should reconsider this RNG thing for low-levels or at least implement some kind of rewards system so that if you ran the dungeon so many times and met certain requirements but had been unlucky, you would just receive it as an achievement. 

I should have done some assignments. At least I would have accomplished something. 

Archived