Asia Server

LoZo

Sorry to say but it probably wouldn't happen since the original version of this game came from Asia and there are already a few different Asian servers :c

Yes, they don't use English, but there are fan made English patches you can use to play on them.

35 minutes ago, Hypatios said:

NCSoft deleted the last thread, they're clearly not interested in listening. But then NCSoft's track record of incompetence speaks for itself

They don't have rights to publish the game in our region, so their hands are tied. The best they can do is pass it off to someone who does, but that's another matter entirely. They should probably at least let us know what they're planning, but I doubt the moderators know anything anyway.

4 hours ago, LoZo said:

Hope to gather Mind alike players and petition for Asia Server.

1) Need lower Pings.

2) Que time is really bullshit even for premium membership

Thanks.

Why are you playing on the NA servers if you want an Asian server ???  the game has been out in Asia for years...

Thanks you gave me a headache.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2016 at 0:52 PM, Labbit said:

At this rate, NCSoft might as well just make a server for every country. Which isn't going to happen. The game is out in Asia - Chinese servers. 

lol u dont know the pain of people that are in asia. china servers are only for people in china. u wanna play china server u gotta do a bunch of stuff, work around the log in authentication shits, get a translation patch and shit. they can open a server in china but not 1 for other parts in asia? fcking nonsense.

You see, not all of Asia speaks Chinese, Korean, or Japanese. Most of us have English as our second language, and that's why some of us try to play in an English speaking server. Yes, there are several English patches for the game but the language barriers are still too real when it comes to communicating with the community, especially when running in LFP dungeons. And it seems that the "usually nice and tolerant" Taiwanese (TW has the best ping for SEA) players welcome bots and gold sellers more than they do us, foreign, English speaking players. Hard to say that NA is any better in that respect, ignorant people go out of their way to call me names for trying to recruit my fellow countrymen into a clan, lol.

I don't really expect for a SEA server to come anytime soon, or at all. I'm just trying to justify why we would want one, if we could have one.

On 1/24/2016 at 3:00 AM, fatalystic said:

They don't have rights to publish the game in our region, so their hands are tied. The best they can do is pass it off to someone who does, but that's another matter entirely. They should probably at least let us know what they're planning, but I doubt the moderators know anything anyway.

Ok here is something many of you do not seem to know.  We in the US/EU version have the localization team.  Bout it, they can smash bugs do minor UI changes and pick and choose what goes in this version of the game like certain quests and story.  The fundemental aspects of teh game like any major code alterations and balance changes are done by the KOREAN DEVELOPMENT TEAM.  

Any new servers have to go through that region where NCsoft has a physical presence and or license to distribute in that country or partner with a company to publish in that area (What they did with Russia for instance).  Cost vs gain must be examined and that can take up to a year to see if there is actually a demographic in that area to warrant a server being placed.  

If a player is in asia or australia then what I suggest is actually downloading the Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, or Korean versions of this game.  If you are a native english speaker GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND AND LOVER.  There are plenty of ways for you to find out how to use the english patch (granted you are altering the game files and if found out can cost you access to the game).

Another thing to be aware of as this game has been out officially for three years, many areas of the game are bare as most players are high level. 

On 18/02/2016 at 3:17 AM, Zarec said:

Ok here is something many of you do not seem to know.  We in the US/EU version have the localization team.  Bout it, they can smash bugs do minor UI changes and pick and choose what goes in this version of the game like certain quests and story.  The fundemental aspects of teh game like any major code alterations and balance changes are done by the KOREAN DEVELOPMENT TEAM.  

Any new servers have to go through that region where NCsoft has a physical presence and or license to distribute in that country or partner with a company to publish in that area (What they did with Russia for instance).  Cost vs gain must be examined and that can take up to a year to see if there is actually a demographic in that area to warrant a server being placed.  

If a player is in asia or australia then what I suggest is actually downloading the Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, or Korean versions of this game.  If you are a native english speaker GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND AND LOVER.  There are plenty of ways for you to find out how to use the english patch (granted you are altering the game files and if found out can cost you access to the game).

Another thing to be aware of as this game has been out officially for three years, many areas of the game are bare as most players are high level. 

Why'd you quote me? ._.

Archived