Fix the queue times.

Geekjorge

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Labbit said:

Or some people might not have an issue coming back after a couple of weeks once the hype dies down. There's a lot of bots too so it's not just people. 

The issue isn't that there are queues right now. It is that the current issues show that if the game EVER gets popular again beyond the initial hype, then this same issue will arise again. As I said, no one wants to play a game where if it gets too popular they are now in a 5+ hour queue.

The current issues also show that the BnS team at NCsoft is just bad at acknowledging a problem before it arises. Did they really think this game was not hyped? People have been looking for the "next best" MMO since WoW died. FF14 is a very rp-centric game with 0 PvP and has a very Japanese grindy aspect to it (far more than any Korean MMO), which turns off a Western audience. I understand that WoD had bad queue times because Blizzard did not foresee 2 MILLION subscribers coming back for their game (over 1 million copies sold days before launch, so they didn't have pre-order sales to go off of). Whereas they should have definitely seen this kind of traffic.

4k+ people in queue (2k non-premium, 2k premium) on the highest populated server means they allowed too many people to create too many characters, another short-sited move. Balmung, the highest pop server on FF14 is locked. You cannot ever make a new character on it except at very, very specific times when they open it (usually only if a few hundred transfer off a given day). They should have locked Poharan the 1st or 2nd day of launch, when the queue was reaching 500~.

As I said, the issue isn't there are queue times now. It is that there are issues to begin with, and show a pattern that NCsoft just cannot handle the MMO market (Aion and GW2 had these exact same issues and dead incredibly fast as well).

7 minutes ago, gofortheko said:

No Playing... 

Mushin taught these guys nothing, now on my TRANSFERRED server i have to wait 20 minutes to log in. Glad I spent 125 bucks to start at a long in screen. 

they are also glad, but could care less... they paid for their servers, the techs,  the programmers, network team everything. they have already added more servers and will be adding more again.. they dont exactly like having servers overflowing and more ppl leaving the game or not paying for it bcuz of it 

Reading all these trolls makes me wanna backhand them lol. OP is right why pay for prem when QUE times is almost just as long? and you say " if server is full than server is full".. nice... have you guys not pay attention to all the bots lined up at the entrance of dungeons or area?  with names like ewwrrrwqt? and theres 10 of them sitting there... and thats just one area and channel. Bots are whats making this game QUE so long. So before you tards try and be ignorant, open you eyes...lol...

Those constant disconnect problem. Making people without premium to be in que hell, forcing them to buy premium. Nice move, you did it, now when i log in as premium, 700 non-premium in line, and 600 Premium in line, making my premium useless. WOW

2 minutes ago, Whynn said:

The issue isn't that there are queues right now. It is that the current issues show that if the game EVER gets popular again beyond the initial hype, then this same issue will arise again. As I said, no one wants to play a game where if it gets too popular they are now in a 5+ hour queue.

The current issues also show that the BnS team at NCsoft is just bad at acknowledging a problem before it arises. Did they really think this game was not hyped? People have been looking for the "next best" MMO since WoW died. FF14 is a very rp-centric game with 0 PvP and has a very Japanese grindy aspect to it (far more than any Korean MMO), which turns off a Western audience. I understand that WoD had bad queue times because Blizzard did not foresee 2 MILLION subscribers coming back for their game (over 1 million copies sold days before launch, so they didn't have pre-order sales to go off of). Whereas they should have definitely seen this kind of traffic.

4k+ people in queue (2k non-premium, 2k premium) on the highest populated server means they allowed too many people to create too many characters, another short-sited move. Balmung, the highest pop server on FF14 is locked. You cannot ever make a new character on it except at very, very specific times when they open it (usually only if a few hundred transfer off a given day). They should have locked Poharan the 1st or 2nd day of launch, when the queue was reaching 500~.

As I said, the issue isn't there are queue times now. It is that there are issues to begin with, and show a pattern that NCsoft just cannot handle the MMO market (Aion and GW2 had these exact same issues and dead incredibly fast as well).

The initial hype is probably the most populated this game is going to be. I don't think the game is going to be dead if the population drops to where there's a much shorter queue on each server but that depends on if it's bots leaving or actual players. As of right now, there's enough people on the channels that I have to compete with them for mobs for quests/dailies. (Could be solved if they increased the respawn rate I suppose.)

The team is not proactive so they're just reacting to the amount of people trying to log in on top of their other issues. But while they might have prepared for a large number of players, they can't accurately predict everything. At this point, being upset over queue times isn't going to help solve the issue and while many people are choosing not to play, it's not like there's been a huge drop in population. There's still tons of people who want to play and people who are willing to wait for the hype to die down so they can play the game for free without waiting for hours in a queue. NCSoft is doing however much they are willing to keep the players - they don't necessarily care about keeping every single customer or might not have the resources to do that. Ultimately people still play their games and sink money into it and if the game dies, well, off to the next sparkly title coming out. (Which makes me wonder how Blade and Soul will fare once BDO is out.)

Just now, chopper said:

How can a game company fix a bot problem?  I feel like bots are clogging the server and the queue time. It sucks because computers can wait but humans cannot.

ban every account with a randomized name like " adsfsdda " ip ban perma.

Welp, it happened. Premium queue is now as bad as regular queue. 1045 premium vs 1116 regular on Jiwan. Also occurring in Poharan.
Wonder what their next cash grab will be. Maybe they'll announce a "premium plus" membership..

Clearly things need to change. A server population cap increase seems to be in order.

I'm sorry but he is correct. They should have these issues worked out by now. Limit the amount of people who can sign up on a server so we don't have these ridiculous wait times. For those of us who work and have a family to take care of and only have  a few hours to ourselves at night it's absolutely ridiculous that I have to wait sometimes up to an hour to play the game.  I've already moved and started over on a different server due to the wait times and now I'm waiting AGAIN and I'm pretty pissed off about it.   At this point we shouldn't have to be waiting anymore.

Archived