Fix the queue times.

Geekjorge

So your gonna keep adding servers because of all the players.  Yet its mostly just gold spammers.   Clean all that shit out & you wouldn't require more servers just to help host the gold sellers.

Then eventually merge servers due to less population.  In which will be result of real players leaving not the bots.

Major disappointment. 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

What's ridiculous is that the FREE players are complaining about not being able to get into a game for FREE, while the other paid players are able to get in and play just fine.

Oh, the irony!

Which is why NCsoft should have adopted the Buy to Play business model as it would weed out the idiot pure F2P crowd and many of the spammers.

1 hour ago, aMoodyPube said:

Look at these bots lol 
reddit -  http://i.imgur.com/VKOusSp.gifv

Yes, this is what really gets to me.  (Happens in almost every game I play, sadly.)

But there is a report button (for botters and spammers) - right-click and report - that's the best we can do right now, I think. Hopefully the team will respond quickly enough to make a difference. I know they just create more f2p accounts, but let's make it difficult for them :)

Just got "Premium membership" as I waited in the queue.
While I wasn't premium, said there was only a couple of Premium people waiting (2..maybe up to 4,) purchased premium and that number shot up to 250.
I wonder if the company does this to make it appear "The grass is greener on the other side?"

1 hour ago, Munchiez said:

What's ridiculous is that the FREE players are complaining about not being able to get into a game for FREE, while the other paid players are able to get in and play just fine.

Oh, the irony!

Isn't that called "entitlement?"

the irony is that only a stupid would pay before to see for what !!!!! and even prem users have a queue1k+, u just dont know shit about shit, and play on a low populated server!

2 minutes ago, COCOsoul said:

the irony is that only a stupid would pay before to see for what !!!!! and even prem users have a queue1k+, u just dont know shit about shit, and play on a low populated server!

Wrong. I'm a premium player on Mushin (one of the most populated NA servers, if not the most populated) and I haven't seen queue times shoot over 300 in the past few days. Being 300th in line goes by in like 10 minutes. And yes, I log in during peak times. I log in at random times during the day, every day.

It's just that more people like me get tired of waiting in queue and pay for premium. When it was apparent that even on Soha server that I would have to wait 1 to 2 hours at night to get into the game, I knew it was time to waste money on premium since I hate queues badly but then I saw that premium has extra special effects for running/gliding and now I'll be willing to sit in queue after this premium runs out next month lol. I'm hoping since NC added the new servers that queues won't be as bad this time next month.

• NCSOFT
10 minutes ago, Reguile said:

Just got "Premium membership" as I waited in the queue.
While I wasn't premium, said there was only a couple of Premium people waiting (2..maybe up to 4,) purchased premium and that number shot up to 250.
I wonder if the company does this to make it appear "The grass is greener on the other side?"

Hello, it is a text issue. Please restart your client and you should see your Premium Position reflecting more correctly.

To me, this is a problem becouse I want to play the game but everytime i start to join the game theres like a 1000-1500 Que so i have to wait about 30-60 minutes to play.

Its really annoying that you have to wait an hour to play the game that you like.

Does switching into another Channel work?

Where there are less players, i hope..

18 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

Wrong. I'm a premium player on Mushin (one of the most populated NA servers, if not the most populated) and I haven't seen queue times shoot over 300 in the past few days. Being 300th in line goes by in like 10 minutes. And yes, I log in during peak times. I log in at random times during the day, every day.

well on EU servers, the most of queue's are prem 500/1k+ non prem 1/2.5k +. kinda sux rlly, sometimes take even 7'8 hrs to log in or even more. even for a prem user to w8 2'3 hrs for some thing he paid....is dumb.

6 minutes ago, COCOsoul said:

well on EU servers, the most of queue's are prem 500/1k+ non prem 1/2.5k +. kinda sux rlly, sometimes take even 7'8 hrs to log in or even more. even for a prem user to w8 2'3 hrs for some thing he paid....is dumb.

So switch servers maybe? I can guarantee you that you're over-exaggerating, and that not all EU servers have that long of a queue for premium players.

Ok, I downloaded the game and installed, which took longer than a lot of games but it wasn't too bad.

I only have two char slots, OK I get it...monetary model.  I create a character, BAM 1300 in queue.  I create a new character, 1200 in queue.  I delete the characters, because you can't change servers, and now I have to wait 5 minutes until it deletes?  Talk about not being able to play the game.  I don't even know which server to choose.

I'll be honest, I am curious about the game...been watching some streamers.  But if I can't get in to play the game, screw it.  Ill just uninstall if I cannot get in within 5-10 minutes.  Im not THAT interested.  Even Wildstar's launch wasn't THIS bad, and that game was hyped into oblivion.

2 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

So switch servers maybe? I can guarantee you that you're over-exaggerating, and that not all EU servers have that long of a queue for premium players.

well just 4'5 servers are not full from all 16. 2 of them are new  from 2day. but u know this is a mmorpg game, i use to play it with my friends, going on another server wont be a great thing for me spcly now after we played a lot of hrs to lvl up and stuffs, and we even made a lot of friends. but u can check yourself how full are EU servers, i m not over exaggerating.

Just now, Cesmode said:

Ok, I downloaded the game and installed, which took longer than a lot of games but it wasn't too bad.

I only have two char slots, OK I get it...monetary model.  I create a character, BAM 1300 in queue.  I create a new character, 1200 in queue.  I delete the characters, because you can't change servers, and now I have to wait 5 minutes until it deletes?  Talk about not being able to play the game.  I don't even know which server to choose.

Yes, if you haven't paid them a single dime, you will be stuck with all of the free players waiting in a long queue. That's the reality of the MMO business model. And the 5 minute deletion time is to prevent bots from deleting and recreating characters over and over again to keep from getting blocked in game. In short, these things exist for a good reason, not just to make you angry lol

4 minutes ago, Munchiez said:
2 minutes ago, Cesmode said:

The least they can do is tell you wait time BEFORE you select a server.

• yeah at last they can share the server population  like 5000/5000 ! so we can know what server to choose. i can try server, i waste a lot of time to create my amazing toon, then when i select a server bam/3 k queue. then ima delete it and again and again.......i dont get why we must create toon then choose the server, this is stupid rlly.

2 hours ago, Eleon said:

But there is a CON and PRO for this... and one of the CON is that dead servers may come out and they would have to merge servers. This happens in all MMORPG.

This is something a "mature" company with "experience" in MMO production would "Know."

You don't launch a game without a character transfer "mechanism." Maybe they don't have the "service" in play at launch -- the front end, the user interface etc, because that is manhours needed for deploying the game in the first place by "launch."

BUT you have the mechanism in place so that QA does not have to MANUALLY rename toons on new servers at level 1 and rename them by hand while as they did for the offered "transfers." That was sort of ludicrous.

And yes, you have a unique naming policy in play for cross server dungeons and plan for server expansion and consolidation. Fine. You RENT server space as needed at launch for additional capacity for a quarter or two to ensure success, and you discontinue it as the game player base contracts. But you don't throttle it at launch.

They just either don't know what they are doing, or were mismanaged, or someone did know what to do and wasn't given the budget or time to do it in. It's sad. They either didn't do failure mode analysis or they were told to ignore certain failure modes and we the players get to weather the storm or leave.

The thing people need to keep in mind is someone in management very well KNEW this would happen and doesn't care and factored it in to how much money they would already make.

51 minutes ago, Mystearica said:

250? thats like 5mins dude why are you complaining

I wonder what did they do to the queue, because I was in #1297 in the queue, currently 9 hours in it and I'm still at #278.

This is ridiculous. So, after a person waits what IS forever in the queue... Let's just say they finally get in the game and the game crashes. Due to the stupid queue mechanics or whatever, they end up having to wait in queue again for another eternity.

Fix this. 

Archived