Fix the queue times.

Geekjorge

3 minutes ago, Aeriya said:

Mushin, and now Poharan. I'm not waiting 25 minutes every time the game crashes for whatever reason because they won't try to fix the issue. It seems that it's affecting quite a handful of people, only to have to sit in queues yet again even if we're Premium members.

Ummm, I play on Mushin and I've never been in a queue longer than 45 minutes to an hour tops. That is not a bad queue time at all. If you really think 25 minutes is a long time to be in queue, I will cease to argue with you any further.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

Oh yeah, because everything should be free and you should get what you want all the time - from a company that works hard and brings these games to you at that. That's called entitlement and selfishness. And you must also think the NCSoft staff are all robots who have no family and no bills to pay lol

"....but if a company shits on there free players like this at the beginning, mark my words it wont be that long before everyone goes somewhere else. "

And what's hilarious is I've seen this exact line in a lot of MMO forums lol and they're all still going strong with a healthy playerbase. It's like deja vu all over again.

And uhhh, news flash! They've held many alphas and CBT's to do many tests. Launch is always a different story because there is always less people playing in alpha and CBT who actually spent money and ordered founders packs. Common sense!

Oh on the contrary, plenty of MMO's die every single year from pulling stunts like this. There is always a bigger, better, and more ambitious game on the horizon. Theyres always a game thats going to take players away. Bottom line, its the premium, and paying members, that pay for content, but its always the free to players that keep a game going. Always. If you think its not true, why are so many developers switching their premium games to free to play models  ? Because once a member finishes the content, or maybe his friends quit playing, or maybe he grows out of it, and hes stops playing and stops paying. Since you so interested in riding developers nutsacks, ask Blizzard why theyve changed their model so much over the last two years.. Ask Bethesda why they thought ESO was worth the subscription, until that shit damn near died. 

Trust me, there are some games that still manage to hold onto a playerbase, but healthy isnt what id call it. Only a hand full of games out right now, has truly healthy player bases, with hundreds of thousands of players playing at any given time. But you know what, im not going to entertain this anymore. I dont give a *cricket* how many people they thought were going to play, bottom line is a major stress test should have happened right before the game opened. TO check the amount of players that could access the game at once. As a minor web designer, (which I understand is not comparable to major game development) id rather have website crash from too many accessing at once, and then accumulating my server bandwidth from there, than to let people access it and sit there for hours because were too scared to open up those servers we payed all that money for. Even if they werent paying for development. Website 101.

7 minutes ago, ZackGTie said:

Their F2P model force you to get premium. At this point in the game is a must to have premium in order to play the game! That is not F2p at all! 

Now let's be absolutely fair: Their F2P model does not force you to get premium. The fact they can't support the number of players flooding to their servers is. Whether you can chalk that up to being poorly prepared or doing so intentionally is entirely speculation given there'd be no way to prove it one way or the other unless you worked with the staff members making such decisions.

3 minutes ago, ZackGTie said:

You dont understand the problem here! You just said: "F2p Player are just along for the free ride" well if I remember correctly this game is advertised as Free to Play isn't it? okey so we were told premium will shorten you queue time okey cool. Now premiums have long quees as well. Now what now? what is this special treatment you are defending? There are plenty of F2p games that does not have such restrictions! GW2 for example now is F2P Does not any premium membership, queues nor any of the drama we have to deal here and even then they offer better benefits. Thirs catch is that you want to play certain content you but the expansion however that will not stop you to play the game in any way.

Their F2P model force you to get premium. At this point in the game is a must to have premium in order to play the game! That is not F2p at all! 

Premium members don't have extremely long queues. Sitting at 1300 in queue as a premium player you'll get in within 30-40 minutes. That's not long at all, considering the hype for this game, and considering the time it is taking f2p players to connect. I'd pay $5 for 30-40 minutes instead of hours any day. That's just the smart thing to do. And you literally just named one MMO (GW2) that you could think of? Man there are way many more F2P MMO's and even MMO's with subs that have had queue times. Aion, WoW, SWTOR, WildStar, Lineage 2, FFXIV, etc.

And there are a lot of F2P players in game, running around without a star next to their names. Don't be ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, Aeriya said:

Why the heck would I pay to wait 45 minutes let alone 25 minutes just to play a game? Especially one that causes crashing issues that NO OTHER MMO causes with my current PC.

No one says you have to wait. Don't you understand that you voluntarily downloaded the game to play it lol? So uninstall, wait a week for queues to die down, then come back. It's not really going to kill you. I've done it before, but I'm not doing it with this game because I'm not having all of these issues and a queue time under an hour isn't a big deal to me. I've seen a lot worse! F2P players have it a lot worse. If I had no means to pay for the game, I'd be playing something else in the mean time. The servers have queue times and issues because there are so many people playing lol. What don't people get about that?

25 minutes ago, hatewaitinginqueues said:

Oh on the contrary, plenty of MMO's die every single year from pulling stunts like this. There is always a bigger, better, and more ambitious game on the horizon. Theyres always a game thats going to take players away. Bottom line, its the premium, and paying members, that pay for content, but its always the free to players that keep a game going. Always. If you think its not true, why are so many developers switching their premium games to free to play models  ? Because once a member finishes the content, or maybe his friends quit playing, or maybe he grows out of it, and hes stops playing and stops paying. Since you so interested in riding developers nutsacks, ask Blizzard why theyve changed their model so much over the last two years.. Ask Bethesda why they thought ESO was worth the subscription, until that shit damn near died. 

Trust me, there are some games that still manage to hold onto a playerbase, but healthy isnt what id call it. Only a hand full of games out right now, has truly healthy player bases, with hundreds of thousands of players playing at any given time. But you know what, im not going to entertain this anymore. I dont give a *cricket* how many people they thought were going to play, bottom line is a major stress test should have happened right before the game opened. TO check the amount of players that could access the game at once. As a minor web designer, (which I understand is not comparable to major game development) id rather have website crash from too many accessing at once, and then accumulating my server bandwidth from there, than to let people access it and sit there for hours because were too scared to open up those servers we payed all that money for. Even if they werent paying for development. Website 101.

They don't completely die. A lot of them actually maintain a healthy player base. I can name a few good MMO's that have been going for a few years now, even after a very rocky launch. I have returned to many of these MMO's myself to witness it. The reason devs switch to a F2P model is because F2P players are potential customers, and in the end it's in fact the paying customers who keep the game going, not the freeloaders. Some stay freeloaders the entire time while others buy into the game, which is what the devs want of course. ESO not only had a sub model at launch, but they had queue times and a ton of bugs and balancing issues, which actually weren't fixed for a long time. I remember at launch I couldn't even party with a friend because the quests would not count when you did them together like they were supposed to. They definitely needed the F2P model, which did save their ass. I was just playing it before I came over to BnS actually, and it is a totally different game than it was. Different games, different circumstances.

And the playerbase is healthy enough to keep the game going. NCSoft has Aion and Lineage 2, which (despite some issues they may have had) have both been going for a decade now. They both adapted the F2P model to keep it going, same with Wildstar, and yes it actually worked. That's why they're still around today. If you think about it, there are not many big MMO titles on the market anyway. And ok, I do agree with the quick stress test before launch. That might have alleviated a lot of the issues we're having now, sure, but this game was bound to have queue times and small issues, as with most big MMO's at launch.

12 hours ago, Munchiez said:

Wrong. I'm a premium player on Mushin (one of the most populated NA servers, if not the most populated) and I haven't seen queue times shoot over 300 in the past few days. Being 300th in line goes by in like 10 minutes. And yes, I log in during peak times. I log in at random times during the day, every day.

Old man Cho is most  Q  server now muchin is  lower now that's y not much q there they lock  server an  force ppl move to other 1 an so happen it old  man an now ppl made account there with friend no 1 moving again to new server so q is  forever bad peek hrs still 3k 4k  free an  1k+ some time premium  an read date of this post  1/24/16

Just now, Nembus101 said:

Old man Cho is most  Q  server now muchin is  lower now that's y not much q there they lock  server an  force ppl move to other 1 an so happen it old  man an now ppl made account there with friend no 1 moving again to new server so q is  forever bad peek hrs still 3k 4k  free an  1k+ some time premium  an read date of this post  1/21/16

If I can make out all of what you just said, a 1k+ premium time is nothing. You get in in 30 mins tops. That's nothing.

I love watching people rage about how this is the worst MMO launch ever and NCsoft should just increase population caps because they want in.

There's no queue on a number of servers which is rare for an MMO launch, I remember Archeage which had 12+ hour queue times for premium players on ALL servers. Either pay for premium and get a shorter queue or stop being an idiot and roll on a lower populated server.

So I'm a F2P player that has been in queue for more than 3 hours and 0 actual play time. No exaggeration.

I just created a character and went off to Mushin as I didn't know it was the most populated server. I started at queue 10 at around 10PM EST. 10 minutes later I'm still at 10 and there are suddenly 1000+ players behind me. 2 hours later I'm sitting at #3 and another hour I'm still at 3. I figured that I must have been bugged or something so I left the queue and the game. I just logged in and created another in Poharan as a friend in GW2 told me it's more OCX based. I'm now queued again in Poharan currently sitting at #439.

While I agree that F2P players don't really have the right to complain about queue times, I really think they should make a separate queue for 1st characters. Maybe a tutorial or something before you queue for an actual server. I am willing to pay for premium membership if I like the game but how would I like it when I can't even play the game with so little free time that would all be spent on queue?

TL;DR - I like to TRY the game before deciding if I want to pay for premium membership. I don' have a lot of free time and I don't like to spend it all to sit in queue and play less than what I waited.

15 minutes ago, Mogumogu said:

So I'm a F2P player that has been in queue for more than 3 hours and 0 actual play time. No exaggeration.

I just created a character and went off to Mushin as I didn't know it was the most populated server. I started at queue 10 at around 10PM EST. 10 minutes later I'm still at 10 and there are suddenly 1000+ players behind me. 2 hours later I'm sitting at #3 and another hour I'm still at 3. I figured that I must have been bugged or something so I left the queue and the game. I just logged in and created another in Poharan as a friend in GW2 told me it's more OCX based. I'm now queued again in Poharan currently sitting at #439.

While I agree that F2P players don't really have the right to complain about queue times, I really think they should make a separate queue for 1st characters. Maybe a tutorial or something before you queue for an actual server. I am willing to pay for premium membership if I like the game but how would I like it when I can't even play the game with so little free time that would all be spent on queue?

TL;DR - I like to TRY the game before deciding if I want to pay for premium membership. I don' have a lot of free time and I don't like to spend it all to sit in queue and play less than what I waited.

In my opinion, $5 is worth the shortened queue times just to "try" the game. That might be just me though....

im from the beginning play in date 15 jan when they start game for buying the founder... buy just 25$ well first i try is mushin, and queue for a day havent login to game. that why i move poharan.. and all our grup decided to play together and move from mushin to poharan. i didnt know that $ 25 dont have premium at all... even i pay still have queue now. that's why i decided to buy premium but everyone say even u pay queue like crazy. how am i suppose to play? we pay but can not enjoy the game too. dont know why u did that? i just feel being troll and scam...!?! u know when everyone start complain that's mean they still love the game. they dont love anymore, they will just close the web and uninstall the game. this is just worst opening. Do something quickly!?! 

i see this personaly as a scam too paying just to lessen the que is a scam by itself basicly forcing people to pay if u wanna get in the same day, lol that atleast is assuming u dont have 24 hours of free time

even paying costumors getting wait times of over 30 mins to even get in u dont even wanna know what free has on those -.-
they rly need to add capacity and fast 

note just adding servers isnt gonna fix the problem for the servers with people on them reluctant to swich when they already invested so much time on it and theire chars

Server transfers shouldn't have been limited to the 20th january but 2 weeks after launch so that ALL servers could be populated equally.

Getting back an unfavorable reply from Support saying I could not transfer my premium character from the most populated server was the straw that broke the camels back. NCsoft has the worse support & logic I have ever experienced in ANY MMO, and I've played/dealt with THEM ALL..

This is beyond anything i've seen. right now im #29 in the nonpremium queue. I started about 2 hours ago and i started at #97. IT TOOK @ 2 HOURS TO GET HERE.And now at 29 it says i have to w8 311 mins ....WHY ? i understand im not premium, i understand premiums should enter first. But come on this is even beyond common sense.I dont even want to know the 1600 queue when will enter...probobly not today :/

1 hour ago, Tormented said:

i see this personaly as a scam too paying just to lessen the que is a scam by itself basicly forcing people to pay if u wanna get in the same day, lol that atleast is assuming u dont have 24 hours of free time

even paying costumors getting wait times of over 30 mins to even get in u dont even wanna know what free has on those -.-
they rly need to add capacity and fast 

note just adding servers isnt gonna fix the problem for the servers with people on them reluctant to swich when they already invested so much time on it and theire chars

I haven't been in a queue for any server at all since I made my account. Crying that it's a scam is a waste of time and energy, you're a free player using servers with high loads yet you complain that it's unfair and a scam... right...

4 hours ago, Loressi said:

I haven't been in a queue for any server at all since I made my account. Crying that it's a scam is a waste of time and energy, you're a free player using servers with high loads yet you complain that it's unfair and a scam... right...

im a premium member not a free player infact im a master founder  and havent had a non que yet so pretty much have every right to complain 

18 hours ago, Drakkmord said:

When I buy a game for $60 and it's buggy and it's just a 5-10 hours of gameplay, THAT IS UNFORGIVABLE. Now, if someone wants to waste $5 on a game to enter faster, then do it. 5$ for something that has more gameplay value compared to many console games that cost a lot, is nothing. Also, do you people play MMO's? Like, when they finally launch their games? Because if you do, you must know THIS is normal. I played a game two years ago where I was 5,000 and something in the queue. Also, increasing the capacity of a server doesn't mean that the server problems will be solved. There would be a lot of lag and crashes in the server. So if you want to enter the game faster, play in a new server. And lastly, no one is making you pay for this game. You can play for free. Of course if you waste money on the game then you'll get some privileges. But that's optional. What?, you don't want to waste $5 in a pc game that it's only problem is a server and the queue, because you'll stop playing in the future? Fine good for you. I wonder how many say those words and then they buy a $60+ game with no replay value and has a lot of bugs during the first few weeks (or months) and give it in trade in at gamestop for $25 and then gamestop sell that same game for $5 to $10 of the original price. XD

So stop insulting one and another and just be patient. In a couple of days everything will run smoothly. 

is 16$ for enter "faster" but nope membership queues are higher lol

15 hours ago, Munchiez said:

Premium members don't have extremely long queues. Sitting at 1300 in queue as a premium player you'll get in within 30-40 minutes. That's not long at all, considering the hype for this game, and considering the time it is taking f2p players to connect. 

I'm premium and I sit in 5+hour long queues. I've been #170+ in premium queue for 2+ hours. 

Like i said on other threads i have 1 character in eu region and 1 on a na servers and the most i have waited is 20minutes as non-premium so not all things are all the same but if i was non-premium and afraid of moving from a big servers i would either log at odd hours or take a break from the game or pay for premium.

Archived