Fix the queue times.

Geekjorge

I mean seriously ? Like i know this game is new and all, and im trying to be patient but this is rather ridiculous.. over 400 minute wait time to get in the server, ive spent more time on the character selection screen than ive spent playing. I get that youre adding maximum capacity but *cricket*, you shouldve a stress test or something prior to release so youd know how many people could access at once... god *cricket*ing damn.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Munchiez said:

I guess some people just expect more than others.

Care to elaborate?

If you're implying that expecting a proper protection from being re-entered into a long queue after having already waited simply because of a client crash or net hiccup is somehow asking too much or is expecting too much....you're being a bit silly. And woefully uninformed on how terribly common such protections are in MMO's today..or even for the past several years or more, really.

1 minute ago, ZackGTie said:

92ff435919f1912238ac87772e343591.png

First of all, everyone knows the estimated wait time is waaaaaaayyyyyyy off. I was in a 1300 queue and I got in within 30-40 minutes as premium, so a 1672 would be like an hour or so. Do you really think they'll be waiting for 230 hours? Lol, I don't think so.

So I wait 9 hours since 12 pm to get in the game (Old man cho) and I am nearly at my wit's end with this wait and my current character. How is the situation on the other server? Is it as bad as Old Man Cho?

PS: I am thinking about re-rolling, however I don't want to create a character and find out that queue is the same as Old Man Cho. Thank you in advance.

2 minutes ago, Relleck said:

Care to elaborate?

If you're implying that expecting a proper protection from being re-entered into a long queue after having already waited simply because of a client crash or net hiccup is somehow asking too much or is expecting too much....you're being a bit silly. And woefully uninformed on how terribly common such protections are in MMO's today..or even for the past several years or more, really.

To be honest, I have been disconnected maybe 5 times since launch, and 2 or 3 of them was because the server went down. I was able to hop back in within minutes. It was never a super long wait for me as premium. If you're referring to the wait as a free player, then yes I feel your pain on that, but it's to be expected at launch where the game has so much hype. A measly $5 could get you premium and you can slide right in within minutes on most servers. If that's not you, then what server are you experiencing painfully long wait times on as premium?

11 minutes ago, hatewaitinginqueues said:

I mean seriously ? Like i know this game is new and all, and im trying to be patient but this is rather ridiculous.. over 400 minute wait time to get in the server, ive spent more time on the character selection screen than ive spent playing. I get that youre adding maximum capacity but *cricket*, you shouldve a stress test or something prior to release so youd know how many people could access at once... god *cricket*ing damn.

If you're a free player, you're really just a a homeless person complaining about how long the soup kitchen line is. Or you're that free concert-goer who complains that the paid ticket-holders get to go in first and get the front seats. It's quite ridiculous how entitled a lot of you f2p players are....

A lot of you need to step back and realize that this may be a game for all of us, but it is a business for NCSoft and devs. They have families to feed, bills to pay, etc., etc. So yes, they will try to make money and if it's a measly $5 off of people, then so be it. It's either $5 to shorten a queue time or $60 for a retail title. Which is better in your eyes?

Queue isn't really something they can fix without taking care of the bots first. I doubt new people are dumb enough to join a server with a 2k queue, so the majority of them are probably bots. There have been 6 new servers already, and Soha is still stuck at 2k queue in the middle of the night for example. New servers isn't going to do anything because even though players might have moved, the bots will still continue.

I agree. It would spread the population out if it is possible to change server for free. I don't know maybe allow us to change server for the first month or something in order to fight the queue. After that you can give us the warning of when the server transfer end so that we can settle down on what server we want to stay permanently and you can start charging for server transfer. 

7 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

First of all, everyone knows the estimated wait time is waaaaaaayyyyyyy off. I was in a 1300 queue and I got in within 30-40 minutes as premium, so a 1672 would be like an hour or so. Do you really think they'll be waiting for 230 hours? Lol, I don't think so.

I'm sorry but you're wrong. Premium queue works differently from non-premium queue in that we get priority over the free members. As a premium member I am 1300 and get into the game in just under an hour. Meanwhile my non-premium friends will be waiting HOURS to get into the game when the started off as 1000 in the queue. My friend seriously waited 10 hours in queue last night before giving up on playing for the night. So that person's queue is completely accurate as it says "NON-PREMIUM"

2 minutes ago, 846806_1452550169 said:

I'm sorry but you're wrong. Premium queue works differently from non-premium queue in that we get priority over the free members. As a premium member I am 1300 and get into the game in just under an hour. Meanwhile my non-premium friends will be waiting HOURS to get into the game when the started off as 1000 in the queue. My friend seriously waited 10 hours in queue last night before giving up on playing for the night. So that person's queue is completely accurate as it says "NON-PREMIUM"

Huh? That's what I literally just said lol The picture says 1672 queue for premium members, which would be around an hour.

1 minute ago, Munchiez said:
1 minute ago, Munchiez said:

Huh? That's what I literally just said lol The picture says 1672 queue for premium members, which would be around an hour.

Huh? That's what I literally just said lol

My bad I thought you were referring to the non-premium queue. So I was just like "no way a free queue of 1672 will go by in under an hour"

3 minutes ago, love4ndpeace said:

queued twice, both client auto close when its close to finish. *cricket* this game, im out.

Have you maybe stopped to think that maybe something on your end is conflicting with the game client?? I guarantee you that the thousands of others playing the game right now aren't having the exact same issues you're having. Maybe try a file repair on the launcher and try again? So easy to give up only after two tries? Computers and applications have issues sometimes, that's why the word "troubleshooting" exists.

15 minutes ago, batrako2142 said:

So yeah we all know they r using a bypass to make more money doesn't matter if you have to wait 2 hours or more to join a server, so no matter how many servers they will open if they don't quit the damn queue bypass of their servers, even the new ones started getting queues, so NCSOFT turn off the queues please.

Turning off the queues won't make anything better either.

Once the server overload, it will crash. So by turn off the queue, it will crash more often. You like playing game that keep disconnect you off from the server?

So instead of making each server as each in-game server

They should multiple servers as 1 in-game server

an hour the first time yes. only to have to queue up once again....this is not my moneys worth. they wouldnt have 6+hour waits if they actually have a free server change system going. you think all the tight people that havent paid for premium that are stuck in high populated servers are going to actually pay money to change servers? to answer that for you they arent going to pay for it. if they arent willing to pay for premuim they arent going to pay for server change simple as that. If NC want to keep a massive player base they would want to sort the server change system out quick.

i have to disagree with you heavily! 

1. i finally was able to install the game in my laptop!
  2. The Game keeps crashing! i have to get back to queue. Now i have a premium membership and i have to wait 3-5 mins. Its nothing however that doesn't excuse the queue time for non premium member. I don't support this Premium crap non sense since no other game handles that as bad as this game. 
  3. So if you play the game you can only have 4 professions so that mean i need another character to get them. So every time i get to change character i have to placed in queue once again. Why? 
  4. I dint think I'm going to be waiting 230 hours However i already did 6 before i got my premium and now my problem is cannot install the game in my main computer because the launcher can install its own .dll and im stuck  with my low en laptop.
  5. Where is the logic in this? If you are Premium you are still placed on queue and wait for other Premium now that everyone is getting Prem is getting worse. So if i pay I'm still go the same problems then what is the godly benefit to purchase premium in the first place?

Good for you if you are not waiting in game. But I am and so a lot bunch of people are waiting as well. This is not fun. This is no how a game should be and they have never been like this.  Just because we are premium does not mean we have better rights that non premium and should be treated differently form other people. The way this should be handled is Premium players should go to specific Premium servers on which non premiums would not be affected by our population and on top of that we should get better servers and events since we are paying for it. Some other game allow you change server seamlessly with out any dramas. 

I kept saying the what we are getting as premiums is not worth the value of the purchase since we at the end are stuck in the same pole as non premiums!

2 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

2 minutes ago, thedirtycrumpet said:

an hour the first time yes. only to have to queue up once again....this is not my moneys worth. they wouldnt have 6+hour waits if they actually have a free server change system going. you think all the tight people that havent paid for premium that are stuck in high populated servers are going to actually pay money to change servers? to answer that for you they arent going to pay for it. if they arent willing to pay for premuim they arent going to pay for server change simple as that. If NC want to keep a massive player base they would want to sort the server change system out quick.

Sorry to break it to you, but these minor issues will work themselves out soon (keep in mind it's only the 5th day into launch) and the population will stabilize. The game's not going to completely fail because of these queue times, etc. There are still thousands of people playing the game in 30+ different servers. Also people like me who have had really no issues at all with crashing or queue times, I know I'm not the only one. So I'm sorry you're having these issues, but a lot of them can be fixed if you're willing to work around them.

8 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

If you're a free player, you're really just a a homeless person complaining about how long the soup kitchen line is. Or you're that free concert-goer who complains that the paid ticket-holders get to go in first and get the front seats. It's quite ridiculous how entitled a lot of you f2p players are....

A lot of you need to step back and realize that this may be a game for all of us, but it is a business for NCSoft and devs. They have families to feed, bills to pay, etc., etc. So yes, they will try to make money and if it's a measly $5 off of people, then so be it. It's either $5 to shorten a queue time or $60 for a retail title. Which is better in your eyes?

So I got the Initiate Founders pack. That means I spent $25 on the game; but I get no premium que because it didn't come with premium membership. That makes me a f2p player, or does it? That'll run circles 'round your logic.

As for the whole "it's a business" thing: Choking the f2p playerbase to death via long ques by it's very nature harm their business. F2P players are 'potential paying players', and the less of them there are, the less money they can potentially make. Not to mention that without said playerbase, the paying members will have far less people to play with and might make the game seem empty; leading them to leave as well.

The F2P model is far too complex to boil it down into "Oh, you're F2P? Quit complaining, freeloader. I spent money on this and support the publisher/developer". 

11 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

The issue is that no one wants to play a game you have to spend 5 dollars a week to reduce a queue time from 5 hours to 1-2 hours. That's still utterly ridiculous. If NCsoft wants this game to succeed in the West, they have to cater to the F2P audience, not assume people are just going to drop money to shorten queue times.

The problem with this game is the community! The game was advertised as Free to play however in reality is a Pay to Play. Non Premiums have the entree right to complain since we were all forced to purchase Premium except those who bought the founder packs but look at the forum seven they are complaining about Premium queues.  

This client is a scam! since it is not what we were told it was going to be. How it is that the NA/Eu release they went right for our pockets in order to play the game. THe only thing that carry this game so far is the hype but the true is the game is pretty old. but that is another subject. The point is no other game treats its free to play player base wich such corporate business model. This is what the new era of gaming is all about and some of you are  dumb enough not to see it!

10 minutes ago, Melfice said:

So I got the Initiate Founders pack. That means I spent $25 on the game; but I get no premium que because it didn't come with premium membership. That makes me a f2p player, or does it? That'll run circles 'round your logic.

As for the whole "it's a business" thing: Choking the f2p playerbase to death via long ques by it's very nature harm their business. F2P players are 'potential paying players', and the less of them there are, the less money they can potentially make. Not to mention that without said playerbase, the paying members will have far less people to play with and might make the game seem empty; leading them to leave as well.

The F2P model is far too complex to boil it down into "Oh, you're F2P? Quit complaining, freeloader. I spent money on this and support the publisher/developer". 

Hey guess what? I bought the initiate pack, too...and fully knowing that it does NOT come with premium, as it states that when you're viewing it. So, I knew that I had to spend a little more, which was a measly $5, to get premium for 7 days to shorten my queue times. That's called smart planning, and not blaming everything on the game and the devs.

And this must be your first MMO, seriously. Queue times are NORMAL for big MMO's with a lot of hype. I don't know how many times me and others can stress that enough. WoW has had queue times since the beginning of time, at their launch, and they still have queue times when they release expansion packs. FFXIV had queue times, ArcheAge had queue times, SWTOR, WildStar, and many more had queue times. All of these games are still going strong.

And I disagree with you on your last line. A paid player should get priority over free players. That's how it works in games and even in life! You can't change that, sorry. And freeloaders really have no room to complain, hence the word "freeloader" aka "a person who takes advantage of other's (NCSoft's) generosity without giving anything in return."

5 minutes ago, Melfice said:

, the paying members will have far less people to play with and might make the game seem empty; leading them to leave as well.

Not only that, but if all the F2P players leave, thus completely removing queue times, all the current paying players will simply stop paying because there is no queue to "bypass".

1 minute ago, ZackGTie said:

The problem with this game is the community! The game was advertised as Free to play however in reality is a Pay to Play. Non Premiums have the entree right to complain since we were all forced to purchase Premium except those who bought the founder packs but look at the forum seven they are complaining about Premium queues.  

This client is a scam! since it is not what we were told it was going to be. How it is that the NA/Eu release they went right for our pockets in order to play the game. THe only thing that carry this game so far is the hype but the true is the game is pretty old. but that is another subject. The point is no other game treats its free to play player base wich such corporate business model. This is what the new era of gaming is all about and some of you are  dumb enough not to see it!

No, that's wrong, because in a week or two, the queues will be gone, just watch. Again, queues are expected, especially in an F2P game!

Archived