Forgekeepers and radiant ring suck for profit?

Lordzero2

I have gotten my forgekeepers and radiant ring to rank 3 at a pure loss so far hoping there was light at the end of the tunnel.  However the higher i go the bigger the loss i incur.  I have done the math on everything they sell and everything is a loss with no profit.  Please tell me I am missing something here.  (server Hajoon)

Actually i'm doing something like that too and well... on my account it seems that only soul wardens and potters are actually somewhat valuable and only at later stages.. the earthseers do quite well but i guess when people will understand that they can buy unsealing charms at a lower price from NPCs than they do from the market it will change too.

There are a LOT of problems with the economy and with the crafting in this game.. since we're talking about it might as well say what i think:

- i really like the way gathering and crafting are structured because you're not going to lose a lot of time doing it yourself like in other games... too bad they had to ruin all of it by putting actuall water quartz etc farming on the map and by putting a ridicusly low respawn rate on these stuff... .

Since these materials are so damn slow on respawning to actually buy them on the market and use them for your crafting and then reselling actually make the poor crafter lose money... pity for such a stupid choice by the devs.

The idea of having gatheres was good so why ruin it? put in a guild for quartzs, water etc and put the nodes and everything else out of the map thus giving another porifitable professions that's coherent with the rest of the gam.

- most crafting guilds need HIGH improvement.. for example give the chance to forgekeeper to craft weapons that actually can be compared to the evolving one but with different main attributes so that you create a choice for people.. that would make forgekeepers a good profession, same would go for the rings... for the cooking profession well.. you just put in the game lots of different foods and make them upgrade each a different stat.. or rare ones more stats at once.. i think aion and eso do that very well. So one receipt will rise health, one other will rise crit, one othr will rise defence... and maybe an higher one that will rice health and defence,, that's how you make cooking actually valuable.

Another thing that would be absolutly crucial to it would be to take out of NPC stores every item that can also be crafted or some guilds will always be useless no matter what.

- since we're at it i'll put in something that actually isn't about crafting but about economy... everything costs money.. TOO MUCH MONEY! i mean you get maybe 3 silver for 3 lvl 40 quests that you need like 2 hours to complete since the kiling quest in this game are a pain (area with 4 mobs farmed by 20 people at the same time.. you need 10 kills and only the first one that hit the mob gets the kill.. good luck with that) and you need to spend 10 freaking silver to upgrade your weapon for 1% of it's evolution? I mean are you kidding me? same thing goes for everuything else.. disbandling etc.. either lower the cost or completely take it out of the game cause it's a totally fun-killin factor of the game.

EDIT: one last thing i forgot to mention.... i think it's ok to need materials dropped from boss monster to craft, it's great expecially if well done like in some games... but to put daily quest rewards needed in crafting? that's obscene.. it's like forcing people to do dailies every day.. where's the fun in that? That's just tedius.. i'd rather farm a boss 20 times in a row on one single day for the mats...

Yea it seems Potters and wardens are top because the items they give are high in demand if they only gave something small like healing tonics and like buff food then it would be balanced (referring to all guilds) im not even sure NC can change em is the thing because of the other regions/Clients

Well in the first place the game's crafting is balanced around clans, not solo players. But endgame all the professions will be useful once we get more content. True, at the moment soul wardens and merry potters are making the most money, but eventually it won't be so much compared to the other ones.

3 minutes ago, BigJ01 said:

Well in the first place the game's crafting is balanced around clans, not solo players. But endgame all the professions will be useful once we get more content. True, at the moment soul wardens and merry potters are making the most money, but eventually it won't be so much compared to the other ones.

then please can you tell me what good will it be at end game to be a cook to do 20 dumplings that drops from normal mobs killing?

ANd... around clans? So exactly what would a cook be useful for inside a clan anyway? Maybe i'm stupid but even if i think of a clan that has every single profession in it i just keep finding all of them but 2 totally useless...

If by "we get more content" you mean that "professions will get more content" then i might be willing to agree because that would mean that professions will be improved... that's what we're asking for.

Just now, Hanashi said:

then please can you tell me what good will it be at end game to be a cook to do 20 dumplings that drops from normal mobs killing?

If by "we get more content" you mean that "professions will get more content" then i might be willing to agree because that would mean that professions will be improved... that's what we're asking for.

Literally tons of use, unless you're farming those mobs constantly or stealing all the loot in groups you will run out. After doing poh 4 man 10+ times i've already ran out of dumplings and healing tonics. Now I am a KFM so I'm usually tanking and taking some damage, but still you will most likely run out regardless.

And later on cooking food gets very good, with stat buffs on it. Not to mention in order to craft purification jars (windwalking item that upgrades to 20,000 stamina) you need something crafted by the acquired taste guild. 

But yea like I said, with clans, ALL of them will be useful. Some of the strongest stuff in game (like the beads needed to unlock hongmoon levels later) need signatures from all the different professions. You really need a good clan with a clan leader you can trust.

2 minutes ago, BigJ01 said:

Literally tons of use, unless you're farming those mobs constantly or stealing all the loot in groups you will run out. After doing poh 4 man 10+ times i've already ran out of dumplings and healing tonics. Now I am a KFM so I'm usually tanking and taking some damage, but still you will most likely run out regardless.

And later on cooking food gets very good, with stat buffs on it. Not to mention in order to craft purification jars (windwalking item that upgrades to 20,000 stamina) you need something crafted by the acquired taste guild. 

But yea like I said, with clans, ALL of them will be useful. Some of the strongest stuff in game (like the beads needed to unlock hongmoon levels later) need signatures from all the different professions. You really need a good clan with a clan leader you can trust.

so basically we have two professions that are useful in almost every single thing they can craft.. and all the others that are useful for 25% of the things they can craft ^^

Just now, Hanashi said:

so basically we have two professions that are useful in almost every single thing they can craft.. and all the others that are useful for 25% of the things they can craft ^^

Not really. Soul wardens are only useful for crit primers and transformation stones, nothing else.

Merry potters, well yea because other professions need their bowls and refiners.

Its really too early to judge the professions right now especially when all the clan crafts aren't available. Trust me, once we get more content and there are more clan craft options those professions like forgekeepers wont seem so useless anymore. 

Just now, BigJ01 said:

Not really. Soul wardens are only useful for crit primers and transformation stones, nothing else.

Merry potters, well yea because other professions need their bowls and refiners.

Its really too early to judge the professions right now especially when all the clan crafts aren't available. Trust me, once we get more content and there are more clan craft options those professions like forgekeepers wont seem so useless anymore. 

since we're at it what exactly are forgekeepers useful for? I'm trying to understand that but i really can't.. to me that profession would make sense if it would provide alternatives to the hongmoon upgradable weapon.. does it do that? I've seen orange weapons name from the weapon crates you can create but what exactly are they?

3 minutes ago, Hanashi said:

since we're at it what exactly are forgekeepers useful for? I'm trying to understand that but i really can't.. to me that profession would make sense if it would provide alternatives to the hongmoon upgradable weapon.. does it do that? I've seen orange weapons name from the weapon crates you can create but what exactly are they?

Right now, forgekeepers would really only be used for skins but i haven't really seen on their crafts on other regions. I just know you will need them in clan crafting eventually.

And don't forget, thats why you get 2 professions so you can pair that with something like radiant ring.

Just now, BigJ01 said:

Right now, forgekeepers would really only be used for skins but i haven't really seen on their crafts on other regions. I just know you will need them in clan crafting eventually.

And don't forget, thats why you get 2 professions so you can pair that with something like radiant ring.

That's the problem.. you can't tell people "Pick this profession even tho atm is kind of useless... because in the future MAYBE it'll be worth something for some reason we don't know yet.. but they probably will.. i mean how can you actually plan something like that? 

IF i get someone come at me and tell me: "look, in the future forgekeepers will be able to craft weapons that will compare to the hongmoon one, with different stats and different skins... i'll go for it all the way even if i have to wait and i have to be without a single copper till that moment come but ehy... no one ever said anything about that till now i think.

The thing is... at this point in the game to decide on some profession is just extremly unrewarding so it's useless to pick them. If in time this will change then since it's possible to quit one profession and pick another i guess amany merry potters and soul wardens will be happy to switch.

But still.. we're talking about playing the game NOW, not in MAYBE some months/years :/

I would like to hear from the DEVS about future upgrade regarding crafting.

Archived