Increase of Chat Character Limit

Nier

As I am primarily in support of this for the RPers, it would be important to note that communication is one of the most important features any game where you'll find yourself working in teams, especially where you may find yourself explaining a dungeon or a boss to a new player, or explaining the mechanics of anything to anyone- it's all incredibly annoying when you have such a constricting limitation. I don't mean to come across as Captain Obvious, but considering we don't have such a basic thing is pretty astounding.

Also, there seems to be two limits. The first is the number of words or characters that can be typed out in the chat bar, and the second is a limitation to how long the posts can be in the actual chat. They are different. You can fit more words in the text box than can actually be said/show up in /s. This is a needless use of limitations; they should at least both be the same.

I agree with increasing the character limit. RP or not, the current character limit is extremely annoying.

I also agree with the sub-point brought up of having an option to turn off auto-emote. I don't want my character starting to spaz out just because I said a specific word in the chat.

Pleeeeease do something about all the issues addressed here. It would be greatly appreciated.

1. Longer chat limit

2. The amount of text you can input actually matching the amount of text you can post

3. Custom emotes ( /em )

4. Option to toggle emotes being triggered when you type something in chat

• 2 weeks later...

I support this, there is a big group of active Roleplayers whom are supportive of this idea, however are shy. If a dev would head over there and ask in chat, I'm sure they'd be overwhelmed. http://bladeandsoulroleplay.enjin.com/

I've also messaged Jonathan Lien , the assistant producer , on twitter detailing our want for an extension of chat. If you limit it to /s , /p and /g it couldn't help the bots in anyway. Unless you go to towns and the bots begin spamming in /s , which will get them a smaller audience and promote people to report them when they see them.  Please respond to my tweet or message him yourself showing your support of the idea!

Archived