Increase of Chat Character Limit

Nier

A very simple suggestion which I think needs to happen, especially for RPers. Please, please, PLEASE increase the character limit for the chat box. Being restricted to a little over one single sentence is probably the worst thing I've ever experienced in an MMO! I love the game otherwise, but this is an extremely brutal restriction.

1 minute ago, Axciel said:

let's think about botters and gold spammers before requesting such thing...

They do it already with the current limitations. I don't really see how it'd be any different. Block the spammers if they bother you.

I can't imagine how this was overlooked or decided on, its not conducive to community building or an mmo at all. I guess they're expecting everyone to be on voip these days.

Trying to explain class mechanics and other things to players is not as easy as it should be, or, really, talk in any kind of way.

At the least, the chat bug needs to be fixed where it won't send what you type until you trim some words down. Its like there are two character limits and both of them are obnoxious.

18 hours ago, Terrornaut said:

I can't imagine how this was overlooked or decided on, its not conducive to community building or an mmo at all. I guess they're expecting everyone to be on voip these days.

Trying to explain class mechanics and other things to players is not as easy as it should be, or, really, talk in any kind of way.

At the least, the chat bug needs to be fixed where it won't send what you type until you trim some words down. Its like there are two character limits and both of them are obnoxious.

Friend of mine made a good point. The devs likely didn't account for English having significantly more characters when writing out sentences than any Asian language. Honest mistake when you consider many Korean/Japanese developer don't actually speak or read English. Hopefully, they will fix this though, because it is extremely annoying. 

13 minutes ago, BourneEndeavour said:

Friend of mine made a good point. The devs likely didn't account for English having significantly more characters when writing out sentences than any Asian language. Honest mistake when you consider many Korean/Japanese developer don't actually speak or read English. Hopefully, they will fix this though, because it is extremely annoying. 

Only issue with this is most Korean MMO's don't have the text limit like BnS does and Japanese developers would Have a grip of English since it's mandatory in the education system there. On top of that Most Japanese MMO's themselves don't have the strict text limit either.

On 1/24/2016 at 5:29 PM, Nier said:

A very simple suggestion which I think needs to happen, especially for RPers. Please, please, PLEASE increase the character limit for the chat box. Being restricted to a little over one single sentence is probably the worst thing I've ever experienced in an MMO! I love the game otherwise, but this is an extremely brutal restriction.

Thanks for your feedback, Nier. We'll consider it for future updates.

Archived