NCSoft Launcher Error

Obcasus

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kittira said:

and whoever says its a firewall issue.... mine is deactivated for 2 months.. it isnt a bloody firewall issue, smart cake

I literally went into it and made an exception. I also doubt you've disabled it for 2 months because:

1) That's not wise.

2) You need to be running that when surfing the web.

I also recommend dropping the attitude. I'm currently in the game playing after setting up the exceptions. It's not hard to and won't take you long. Worth the effort.

Seeing as it seems to have to repair a game file that is 86 bytes in size, it's obviously not a firewall issue. Something is causing this small file to become corrupt and causing the issue. Just like the guy above, I tried disabling my firewall completely for a few minutes and I was STILL getting the error, so no... it's NOT a firewall issue.

2 minutes ago, Spudsy2061 said:

I literally went into it and made an exception. I also doubt you've disabled it for 2 months because:

1) That's not wise.

2) You need to be running that when surfing the web.

I also recommend dropping the attitude. I'm currently in the game playing after setting up the exceptions. It's not hard to and won't take you long. Worth the effort.

it IS disabled and worked fine till now. (and i rechecked.. still disabled) plus there is 0 attitude ;)  dont take it or rather me so serious :P

2 minutes ago, Kaylla said:

Spudsy I think you just got lucky with the timing of your firewall disabling and logging on. I was able to get on without disabling my firewall so it must be something corrupting the files like kriky said.

But it's not a disable, it's an exception...

Files corrupting or not I don't think it's a server issue. You'd need to have the launcher patch in order to update the files or have the main .exe for the launcher installer updated, which I highly doubt NCSoft did on the fly.

Timing could be one thing but it could also be a Windows Firewall block as it did prompt me if I wanted to allow NCLauncher after a re-install of the launcher, something it did not do when I got the launcher installed on the 19th.

Archived