Error messages while trying to update launcher??

Jbrasino

Just now, Jbrasino said:

@naftie i have a wired connection

No clue then, maybe keep trying? I ignored error messages cause I thought it was just my bad internet connection but eventually it worked. Hopefully someone else can provide a better answer.

(it also took me forever to install - and now it crashes whenever it actually launches! This game is frustrating haha)

1 minute ago, Jbrasino said:

@naftie other people said keep trying it also, did it for about 6-8 hours last night of just hitting update every time it failed, got it to 50 mb left and it just wouldnt go after that

yeah same, I spent all day yesterday and most of the day today (lol what a waste since I still can't play!). It got to like 80 something percent at one point before it stopped. I'm really not sure what it was other than connection S: hope it eventually works for you though!

4 hours ago, Jbrasino said:

@Jouju Hey, I tried that topic and it didn't work for me either, I think I'm just gonna give up :/.

Don't give up, you're not the first one to face this problem and you won't be the first to solve it..
Try this method..

1-  Go to "Network and Sharing Center".
2- Click on "Change adapter settings"

3- Right click on "Ethernet (if you're using cable)" or "Wi-Fi (if you're using Wireless connection).

4- Double click on "Internet protocol 4" a window will appear.

5- Click on "Advanced".
6- Click on "DNS" tap.

7- Add the DNS.

8- Save settings.

9- Repeat steps 4,5,6,7,8 for "Internet protocol 6"

DNS:
IP4: 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4
IP6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 or 2001:4860:4860::8844
Hope it works..

1 hour ago, Jbrasino said:

@jouju for ip6 is there supposed to be 2 colons at the end? and also do you have steam or something where we can communicate more fluently maybe?

edit - that didn't work either

Did you try relaunching the update each time you get the error?
If you keep doing so you will be able to download the update since when you relaunch it the remaining data decreases..

Just now, Jbrasino said:

@Jouju Yes, i got it down to 50 mb left and then for like 3 hours it was stuck on the same file and i gave up

I have an alternative method but it requires downloading a patch file 13.2gb, is this okay with you or you have slow download speed?

Archived