Free Goodies for downtime

MamaBear

1 minute ago, Darkshana said:

20 minutes? did you not know the 7 hour server down yesterday?

Also the message out for literally one minute, how ironic that I'm being called out for being judgmental when the person criticism me takes less than ten second to think.

Nope, didn't know about it. But I'm talking about specifically this case. And anyway, it's still a problem common for newly released MMO's, especially in the first few days. I'm trying to tell that it would actually be just unjust if you got some free items over people who just registered after the maintenance.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Qrious said:

To be honest, I hope it will be just as you say, but with them not giving anything in compensation. Maybe some greedy and salty kiddos will just leave the game and let us play without any further crashes. Win-win situation.

I hope one day the real, "children" will get real jobs so they understand not everyone can play at whatever random time they want seven days a week. They had however long they needed to port this, they had the closed beta and then they had the head start. The fact that there was not only character creation restrictions but -also- huge queues and then their servers explode on the weekend is both hilarious and awful.

It's funny in a way though, because  I know if the idiots liberally using the word, "cry" to describe everyone else who has supported the game but wants to get their moneys worth were the only one supporting this game it'd crash and burn in no time. In fact, just look at these forums for 30 minutes and you already see severe issues. No where have I ever started playing an MMO and so quickly seen such a huge swath of anti-social keyboard warriors attacking others. Not just for this, but also for opinions on game design and balance.

Sure, "have" your game. For however long it lasts if people like me, the ones actually supporting it leave. I'm not spending another cent on this game if there isn't at least a day added to premium though. Should be more like a week considering the value of weekend days though.

I have been playing MMO's for quite a while.  B&S is one of my all time faves. I started with the release of Ultima Online so I have been around awhile, through thick and thin of alpha, beta and actual releases.   This has been a pretty good release as far as most, but still I think that because of the downtime and instability of the servers, that the Premium members should be given extended time on their subscriptions to compensate for all the down time that we have experienced.  We did pay a premium for a service that we have not yet been granted so I think this is fair.

2 minutes ago, Qrious said:

Nope, didn't know about it. But I'm talking about specifically this case. And anyway, it's still a problem common for newly released MMO's, especially in the first few days. I'm trying to tell that it would actually be just unjust if you got some free items over people who just registered after the maintenance.

All I can say is this. I been playing this game for over 3 years now. I jumped server to server to play this game. This kind of problem nearly never occurs and when they do, it is justified to give compensation of some kind. Its not only to please the players but also to there company's integrity and reputation.

In TW and CN version the server is under maintenance every week and we cannot play for 5 hours to even a whole day. They would announce ahead of time and players would be okay with it. However whenever there is an unexpected problem they will compensated with the amount is based on the time it took to fix the problem.

CN was able to send a compensation to everyone that was logged in during the crash, no one could just walk in and get free things for no reason.

People that paid good money to play the game deserves to be compensated when unexpected things occur preventing them from playing. Its not greed its what a fair and reputable company would do.

Besides in game item don't have actual substance value, those that would not buy it still would not buy it. I rather loose a few bucks than to loose an entire limb (players paying) because I was being cheap.

2 minutes ago, Capernaum said:

I hope one day the real, "children" will get real jobs so they understand not everyone can play at whatever random time they want seven days a week. They had however long they needed to port this, they had the closed beta and then they had the head start. The fact that there was not only character creation restrictions but -also- huge queues and then their servers explode on the weekend is both hilarious and awful.

It's funny in a way though, because  I know if the idiots liberally using the word, "cry" to describe everyone else who has supported the game but wants to get their moneys worth were the only one supporting this game it'd crash and burn in no time. In fact, just look at these forums for 30 minutes and you already see severe issues. No where have I ever started playing an MMO and so quickly seen such a huge swath of anti-social keyboard warriors attacking others. Not just for this, but also for opinions on game design and balance.

Sure, "have" your game. For however long it lasts if people like me, the ones actually supporting it leave. I'm not spending another cent on this game if there isn't at least a day added to premium though. Should be more like a week considering the value of weekend days though.

Sure, I can agree about adding to the premium time balance, cause after all it is a wasted time you actually paid for. However, I was rather talking about the issue of people complaining about a F2P game for having server issues.  Whereas the ideas people gave was "free items" and "free premiums" cause they deserve it for "wasted time". That's the type of people I'm talking about. I bought the premium for one reason which is queue times. Now imagine everyone else has just the same. Would it feel just in your view? That now everyone is in a "premium queue" of 4k people?

4 minutes ago, Capernaum said:

I'm not spending another cent on this game if there isn'tat least a day added to premium though. Should be more like a week considering the value of weekend days though.

A day would be better than nothing. /).(\ That way people who actually spent a bit of money get what they paid for. I've been actually waiting for the game to stabilise a bit before buying anything but couldn't really due to my impatience towards the queues (pay for convenient play). Guess it needs a few more days. 

1 hour ago, MamaBear said:

Just asking if we are getting any free goodies with all the down time lately.

ppl like you make me sick .. its a f2p video game.. things happen and problems arise. do you feel they owe you something bcuz they had a problem and fixed it? is it not enough they let you play their entire game for free unless you choose to willingly pay for some extra perks? 

8 minutes ago, DeadBonez said:

ppl like you make me sick .. its a f2p video game.. things happen and problems arise. do you feel they owe you something bcuz they had a problem and fixed it? is it not enough they let you play their entire game for free unless you choose to willingly pay for some extra perks? 

Actually they do owe us something. I think you severely misunderstand the F2P model. It is a BUSINESS model; not charity. 

F2P have proven to be way more lucrative. Just do a quick google on F2P in gaming for you to quickly find that out. So, that being said; being a BUSINESS, any company worth their salt will compensate for poor service even though by our signed agreed terms and condition (and we all did prior to logging in), they are NOT LIABLE to.

It speaks more of how NCSoft values their customer experience. This isn't the only game they have or will have in the future and imo, some form of costless digital compensation to those affected goes a long way. If I was sitting on the board of NCSoft, it won't even be a question to compensate their customers, the only question is how.

10 minutes ago, VPvP said:

Actually they do owe us something. I think you severely misunderstand the F2P model. It is a BUSINESS model; not charity. 

F2P have proven to be way more lucrative. Just do a quick google on F2P in gaming for you to quickly find that out. So, that being said; being a BUSINESS, any company worth their salt will compensate for poor service even though by our signed agreed terms and condition (and we all did prior to logging in), they are NOT LIABLE to.

It speaks more of how NCSoft values their customer experience. This isn't the only game they have or will have in the future and imo, some form of costless digital compensation to those affected goes a long way. If I was sitting on the board of NCSoft, it won't even be a question to compensate their customers, the only question is how.

Yup, you are probably a better economist than their whole community crew. Come on, how come they would keep doing the same shit if it wouldn't be a success in most cases?

So I bought a week of premium and I intended to milk that for all its worth before I go back to school but looks like I only bought 6 days of premium (since the servers have been down)

I DOUBT it but a really GOOD move by NC would be to increase the premium membership for everyone with it by however long the servers are down because it's a waste of money for every day the server is down.

The sad thing is that doesnt make any sense yes they did alterations but it's a game that is already been out for a year and ncsoft is not a beginning gaming company they have many of games and it's just a little discouraging. Yes we should respect that downtime is a given on a launch but a lot of people do put their money and time in and it would just be nice to get feedback that isnt just vague about all the problems. So far it just hasn't been very impressive and its sad. Do they have to give us free stuff no but its give and take and if they want to keep good customer service then they should think of how to please people just my opinion though =D

in the case of f2p players not really your only losing time thats an opportunity to play not anything that you actually paid for- not trying to be rude or a jerk or anything just stating facts and continuation is the same just stating facts - for premium though they did pay so they could probably just tag a couple days extra free onto the end of their subs to compensate for the unplanned downtimes - i dont honestly expect this to happen im just saying that it would be a nice gesture and show a bit of consideration that they are subbing, but anyway im just saying what they could do as a nice gesture but its their choice and well to be honest down time at a launch isnt really that uncommon, unpleasant sure but a game thats turning up this big its fairly common, either way it doesnt really bother me personally, these were and are just random thoughts and facts

9 minutes ago, dearallii said:

The sad thing is that doesnt make any sense yes they did alterations but it's a game that is already been out for a year and ncsoft is not a beginning gaming company they have many of games and it's just a little discouraging. Yes we should respect that downtime is a given on a launch but a lot of people do put their money and time in and it would just be nice to get feedback that isnt just vague about all the problems. So far it just hasn't been very impressive and its sad. Do they have to give us free stuff no but its give and take and if they want to keep good customer service then they should think of how to please people just my opinion though =D

actually its been out for more than 5 years

2 hours ago, Jargon said:

"the game you brought us for free and still happens to be in early launch is not working 100% of the time give me free shit"...srsly lol 

It's not free for everyone Some of us who have money bought master packs and our time is being wasted. They have had 5 years to get this game ready.

1 minute ago, Ferrary said:

Can we get 1 free Moonwater Transformation Stone for the inconvenience of all the server crashing that is happening? Please :)

If they give anything, it should be for premium only, hell with the cheap people!

Archived