SERVER DOWN AGAIN???

Yeoniie

I think the best solution right now would be to be patient. With everyone trying to get onto the server while they're trying to fix it isn't going to help. They're going to let everyone know when they're back up. This  happens to new games all the time. I kind of feel like the game got to its max capacity to the point where it just completely messed with their servers, I'm going to guess they weren't ready for this many people to want to play. This happens with World of Warcraft EVERY TIME they release a new expansion. They're never prepared and the servers always end up crashing and sometimes within the first few weeks they get DDOS'd by someone, but it gets sorted out like usual.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be system error related to server configured. And the reason why they dont announce shuting down server is they still dont know what error it is! We are trying to help them identify error by continuing log in - out - play game!

10 hours ago, i see many gla - bot around level 15 in game gathering stock house! is it a thread to cause server over? An attack of bot league!

Just now, Yxion said:

If they added a captcha to chat, I would request a refund and uninstall.

Not to mention captchas are not hard to beat.

Not for the chat, I meant that I captcha will pop up every hour you're logged in.(but it won't pop up if you're fighting something)

But seeing as Dragomon Hunter is filled with bots, a captcha system will only hold them away for a little bit.

1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

I ve always wondered why they don't do this?? I know elder scrolls did do this, they not only took care of the spamming the GM went around and killed(permanently) the bots making the money. Not sure of the long term success as I move to W* just as they were implementing it however I did see GMs killing bots.

I have no idea. It is a fairly easy process. Set up an application process, review applicants, choose people with flexible schedules and high amount of play time, and prior admin/GM experience, and grant their account mute/kick/ban privileges. They monitor in-game while they play. Maybe even set-up a GM call function like XI or XIV and give GM ability to TP to players.

Just now, BestWaifu said:

My que is 513 in premium

So much for paying to cut in line lol

Stop trying to get onto the game, you're not helping the company or the servers get you what you want if you're possibly interrupting their progress.

Be patient.

Just now, Sepiyu said:

Stop trying to get onto the game, you're not helping the company or the servers get you what you want if you're possibly interrupting their progress.

Be patient.

Chill. Plenty of people are IN the game right now. Like me. No reason to bite the persons head off.

Just now, Yxion said:

Chill. Plenty of people are IN the game right now. Like me. No reason to bite the persons head off.

It's kind of frustrating at the fact that when they say they're trying to solve issues with the servers, everybody tries to jump on at the same time to try to get in. That's fine that you're in but if you're having to wait in line when there's a long queue it's probably just best to wait.

7 minutes ago, Sepiyu said:

Be patient.

Just give it up Sepiyu, i know you're absolutely right, but most people just ignore stuff like that and keep doing their thing even if they shouldn't without knowing that they could make it even worse.

I have stuff like this everyday in my job... Working in customer care...

I was in the game a long time ago I just decieded to switch to an alt to actually make some progress, so yeah I guess I have to be patient. Oh noes

Also if people say the server are ups you have to expect people to immeditaly try to get back in before giving them time to fix it. Instead of doing a maintenace which seems to be a better option at this point

6 minutes ago, Sepiyu said:

It's kind of frustrating at the fact that when they say they're trying to solve issues with the servers, everybody tries to jump on at the same time to try to get in. That's fine that you're in but if you're having to wait in line when there's a long queue it's probably just best to wait.

There is nothing wrong with that. Just don't quote ONE person and say something like that with a mixture of bold/italic/underlined text. It comes off as a personal attack on the individual, which is really inappropriate. Rephrasing and saying that people who are not currently logged on should probably give it a rest for the remainder of the day, to make NCSOFTs life a bit easier to straighten out server issues, is a much more toned down and reasonable statement.

Just now, mnqs said:

I don t know but to me it looks like someone is DDosing servers that s way they keep on crashing and before dc you have or most ppl have huge lags (like me )

Kind of doubt that...If it was DDos the game and the forums will be inaccessible because of the massive trafficking...Again, their twitter says they are still investigating the issues...So don't expect the servers to be stable yet.

4 minutes ago, mnqs said:

I don t know but to me it looks like someone is DDosing servers that s way they keep on crashing and before dc you have or most ppl have huge lags (like me )

No-one is bragging about DDoSing the game and another poster has confirmed that the Norse Map is showing nothing unusual towards Austin where the servers are located so that probably isn't the issue.

Archived