SERVER DOWN AGAIN???

Yeoniie

• NCSOFT
11 minutes ago, Starbo said:

Did they just delete the threads that asked a legitimate question about Premium membership time? I can't seem to find them anymore

We are not deleting threads; we are merging them so all conversations can take place in a central location. If you go into your post history, you will find your posts, unless you say something that breaks the forum code of conduct.

There is also a lot of threads being created so sometimes what you think is deleted may just be on the next page. D:

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hawing lols,trying redownload and making mess in my pc;),and only problem servers or?,and now for sure many doing the samea,servers overloaded,i gues no bns for this week;),party over,go play something else till they anounce its on and working;),sadly my premium will be over;(

I agree with that. Ban those annoying botters that advertise their gold. Nobody cares nor wants to buy gold from their third party websites. We want to see a clean global chat and actually want to be able to talk in it too 

6 minutes ago, Xenoir said:

This, way to upset your people.

They're probably gonna point to the User-Agreement next, telling us "It's all in there, you get no compensation, no matter what happens, but please, keep paying our wages"

Well it was just an assumption. Possibly wrong, possibly right. x.x Hime did post something about it just now.

3 minutes ago, Hime said:

We are not deleting threads; we are merging them so all conversations can take place in a central location. If you go into your post history, you will find your posts, unless you say something that breaks the forum code of conduct.

There is also a lot of threads being created so sometimes what you think is deleted may just be on the next page. D:

3 minutes ago, Hime said:

Everyone has to have their own personal 15 seconds of fame sadly.....most go unnoticed but GJ keeping the spam down

Just now, Godly said:

I agree with that. Ban those annoying botters that advertise their gold. Nobody cares nor wants to buy gold from their third party websites. We want to see a clean global chat and actually want to be able to talk in it too 

That is, unfortunately, WAY easier said than done. They're like hydras... cut one head off and two more grow back. I thought FFXIV's gil spam was a problem but holy sporks, apparently F2P games are just way worse. If there were a good way to stop them someone would've come up with it by now, sadly. There are probably better things they could be doing, but nothing's foolproof. It's impossible to get rid of them altogether.

2 minutes ago, praysolace said:

That is, unfortunately, WAY easier said than done. They're like hydras... cut one head off and two more grow back. I thought FFXIV's gil spam was a problem but holy sporks, apparently F2P games are just way worse. If there were a good way to stop them someone would've come up with it by now, sadly. There are probably better things they could be doing, but nothing's foolproof. It's impossible to get rid of them altogether.

Honestly, the best way to combat bots/spammers is to get volunteer GMs to monitor the game while logged in. They have to be careful in the selection process, but doing so allows them to have eyes and ears in game that can ban instantly. Gold sellers will spend more time logging in then they will spamming chat.

I actually submitted a support ticket about this, but they just send me some generic response. I am still an administrator on ZAM and have been for 5 years on a volunteer basis, and I am sure others have similar qualifications that would gladly step up and help shoulder the weight.

Unfortunately if they choose not to do this, then all we can do is report/block and pray.

1 minute ago, Yxion said:

Honestly, the best way to combat bots/spammers is to get volunteer GMs to monitor the game while logged in. They have to be careful in the selection process, but doing so allows them to have eyes and ears in game that can ban instantly. Gold sellers will spend more time logging in then they will spamming chat.

I actually submitted a support ticket about this, but they just send me some generic response. I am still an administrator on ZAM and have been for 5 years on a volunteer basis, and I am sure others have similar qualifications that would gladly step up and help shoulder the weight.

Unfortunately if they choose not to do this, then all we can do is report/block and pray.

Another idea would be to impliment the same system Aion got recently, where x amount of blocks on a bot silenced them, kept the spam down really well. 

Just now, DemonicSnow said:

Another idea would be to impliment the same system Aion got recently, where x amount of blocks on a bot silenced them, kept the spam down really well. 

The problem with that is that a coordinated effort by players would lead to abuse. And believe me when I tell you that it is VERY possible for that to happen.

8 minutes ago, bcruise said:

Don't really think this is a DDoS, the norse map isn't looking any different than usual (there's always some stuff going back and forth).

Nothing like this though:

(I removed the youtube video)

I really hope you know that Norse isn't a real website that shows live attacks right? This is a strategic website to attract hackers. This is a honeypot, so if they try to DDos or attack these different IPs and such, it'll send a signal to the people who own the website and they are able to track down the hacker.

1 minute ago, Yxion said:

The problem with that is that a coordinated effort by players would lead to abuse. And believe me when I tell you that it is VERY possible for that to happen.

Possible yes, but at the same time if they go through and check it occasionally and punish those abusing it, should prevent that from happening, unless people just don't care.

3 minutes ago, Yxion said:

I ve always wondered why they don't do this?? I know elder scrolls did do this, they not only took care of the spamming the GM went around and killed(permanently) the bots making the money. Not sure of the long term success as I move to W* just as they were implementing it however I did see GMs killing bots.

Archived