Not gonna pay for mail system......

AshleyZX

Also can I know how or when will be fixed the server waiting problem ? My Girlfriend is in Armenia and the time difference is rally big so we have to play one hour a day. And guess what ? for play an hour a day firs we should wait 1 hour for server to let us in -_-.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/24/2016 at 7:50 PM, Darkshana said:

Just spent 5 dollar and problem solved. Its not even to directly pay for mail. The game already went from P2P to F2P what more can you ask for?

I bought a character slot but I am still unable to send mail to my alt or any other players, did yours just work?

Not sure what's worse... 

Them thinking not having an account bank/mail between your own characters free or the elitism of the people that support the game. 

Nope, they're equally terrible. 

Oh well. Guess that means I'll be playing just one character till i have a legitimate reason to want to support the game. Least they decided not to railroad free players with the keys for chests.

11 hours ago, Hufel said:

I get the stopping bot gold trade thing but other free games have somehow won the battle on bots without resorting to real money as the answer.

+1 for it being anoying to twink an alt with ur main or craft back & forth with ur main.

Only way i can think f2p can do this is to trade with a (trustworthy) friends toon on another acc then log on ur alt & trade back & even this way I'm not sure what restrictions are on trading to make this even less viable.

Point in fact the f2p option lets u play but restricts u till u forced to sell everything u grind for or u'll have no alt to send it to, er no sorry: have no bag space to put it in, er no sorry: have run out of ur max marketplace sales for the day.

Korea MMO's r grindy by nature & I dont mind that but bn force to micro manage a postage stamp amount of save space for everything (free char slot included) lest ur daily grind be for literaly nothing (1copper per item vendor price) is jus takin grindieness to a such lv of vomitsville that peeps will either pay or leave. I woulnt b suprised if there was a f2p gold max limit too...

On top of it all the game is £99.99 for 365 days premium, thats about a tenner more per year than other MMORPG's of the same age.... SWTOR even gives u 500 cartel coins a month as a sub (600 with an authinticator reg'd to acc) to spend in the prem shop. Its prem also removes the need to buy anything other than cosmetics with said free coin per month. If EA are known for bn stingey & feel they are makin enough this way what does thst make ncsoft.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind Freemium business models & have paid for many over the years but they have to be at least competive in their market. Why u think Wildstar went f2p.... It's sub was expensive enough to price itself out of its market. (that & content drop 4 was lackluster lol)

Every company handles their freemium differently.

£99,99 a year is not a bad deal, though they should've made it possible to purchase Premium without NCoin on their website.

World of Warcraft is still €12.99 last time i checked. 12x12 = €155.88 = £119.88 a year.

Even SWTOR has the same subscription fee as World of Warcraft.

That said, £99.99 is far from £10 more per month than you'd pay monthly with World of Warcraft and pretty much any other well known mmorpg that uses Freemium.

The reason they use the same price is pretty much because that is what they need to charge to cover server park rent and all the other things that comes with having a massive server park. It's not just some randomly picked subscription fee.

There are more than just one cost to hosting and running an mmorpg.

I don't know if they've made any changes to SWTOR since i played it, but when i did play it, free players had to spend real money in order to do just about anything in the game.

They had to spend money to use the mail system, they had to spend money to buy dungeon/raid unlock tokens, and the list goes on and on. Oh and you had a cap on how much creds you could carry. If you wanted to be able to carry more creds you'd have to spend real money to increase your cred cap. Want me to continue?

Another mmorpg doing pretty much the same as SWTOR is DC Universe Online. Same system and same sub fee.

In World of Warcraft, you have to be a subscriber to use the mail system, AH and send whispers (which is why you won't see a lot of gold sellers in wow anymore after they implemented that system!). Can't level past 20 without being a subscriber. Then again, WOW is a P2P mmorpg.

Yes, paying for a basic feature is BAD

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD

Publisher trying to mlik the cow as much as possible but what they're doing is giving the cow an infection

I can't be bothered to read through the 6 pages as it looks like it's turned into a little troll fest. But from what I can tell, wtf is the point in pay walling mail when you can just openly trade with any character? Sure it's a little more hassle for gold sellers but that fact alone is more than enough to put pay walling the mail just a cash grab. Tbh I just wanna trade mail freely between my toons so that I can craft effectively and whatever else, I'd be happy with that atleast but still a little peeved of that it's pay walled. I'll eventually buy a costume or something from NC store but till that happens, kinda irritating. 

1 hour ago, Hufel said:

Prem only switches benefits on, u start at lv 1 & get more benefits (that are switched on or off depending on whether your actually subbing or not) up to lv 10 & can only increase ur benefit level by gaining benefits xp which is only attached to Hongmoon store puchases.................................................... So to get full benefits right away you may have to initially  spend alot more than ur £99.99, or wait several years while buying prem & let the xp of each years prem purchase accumulate to make you lv 10

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/premium-membership/

This game would be better if it just went back to pay to play

Nah, you're wrong, but ok.

They will implement the exchange system soon, and once that happen, you can trade gold for Hongmoon Coins, which you can then spend in the cash shop and increase your rank that way. A tiny bit of research never hurts anyone.

I would rather people leave in a trail of tears over not being able to send mail then be spammed by gold sellers 24/7 in my mail box as well. A lot of games do have this issue such as WOW, SWTOR, FFXIV, and I am sure plenty others as well where you get gold seller spam in your mail. A small transaction is not ridiculous for a convenience service, and it serves as a deterrent against spam. 

5 minutes ago, Jezebel said:

I would rather people leave in a trail of tears over not being able to send mail then be spammed by gold sellers 24/7 in my mail box as well. A lot of games do have this issue such as WOW, SWTOR, FFXIV, and I am sure plenty others as well where you get gold seller spam in your mail. A small transaction is not ridiculous for a convenience service, and it serves as a deterrent against spam. 

World of warcraft HAD this issue, that is, until they changed how people can send mail etc.

Now, you need an active sub in order to use the mail system in World of Warcraft.

In SWTOR, you have to be a subscriber as well.

The only thing that is different is that SWTOR isn't big enough for the gold sellers to bother, whereas World of Warcraft has an amazing addon system. The majority uses an addon called BadBoy that blocks gold sellers in any channel, including whispers.

More mmorpgs should have addon support, seriously.

Let me start by saying,  this is a pretty legit issue that i agree with the OP, when will companies STOP locking quality of life things behind pay walls? first the wardrobe, now this? its such a minor thing, and while i'll probably buy a character slot before long. Its the simple idea that they are locking shit behind paywalls, that really don't have any reason to be locked. Why don't we just lock everything at this rate?

No more action bars unless you give us money!

Want to use your windstride? PONEY UP BITCHES!

Want to use dragon pulses? that'll be 4.99.... per use...

Want to use the market? better give me your wallet bro!

Is a difference between sheer GREED and offering players things they " want " to help there experience go over well, in a game as beatiful as this if you simply offered costumes at more reasonable prices, and more of them people would buy them. 4-5 dollars for an outfit or 20 dollars for an account bound outfit. Try unlocking wardrobe for 10 dollars i bet people would buy that in a heart beat, even though that shouldn't be locked either. Costumes, boosters, cosmetic items, services that should be the focus of motorization. Look at Wildstar, or Tera they understand how to make money with out dicking over there costumer base.

This is a minor gripe but i think its a big one for kids who won't have the money or wont be able to get there parents to shell out a few dollars, or people are still trying the game out not yet convinced its worth real money. All in all this a black mark on there motorization system please do not become bioware... and start cutting up everything and selling it to us... i am enjoying the game but, i dont want to see it go the way of swtor...

1 minute ago, Unskilled banana said:

I meant don't act like one.

Pretty hard when half of the community is toxic and mean.

Like half of it is great and knows how to give a serious and helpful answer and feedback
while the other half are just trolls or toxic people that feels superior just because they spent 5$ or more

As for the mods.... I got a ban warning just because i called someone idiot and egotistical.... Is not like i killed a child or something like that, I have seen worst curses and swears in these forums. So yeah.... keep calm and chill out~

3 minutes ago, AshleyZX said:

Pretty hard when half of the community is toxic and mean.

Like half of it is great and knows how to give a serious and helpful answer and feedback
while the other half are just trolls or toxic people that feels superior just because they spent 5$ or more

As for the mods.... I got a ban warning just because i called someone idiot and egotistical.... Is not like i killed a child or something like that, I have seen worst curses and swears in these forums. So yeah.... keep calm and chill out~

plz don't call someone especially mod an idiot... that is acting like an idiot. x'd why don't you spend the 5 bucks too so you don't have to live in your miserable freemium world? :)

On 23.01.2016 г. at 11:18 PM, AshleyZX said:

The more I play the more I lose the faith and Im sure Im not the only one

First the game tells me that i have to be lvl 15 or more to use it: FINE! I can live with that... But then it tells me that i have to pay for it.... This is the first time i encounter such lie in an mmorpg
Im always more than happy to put some $$$ into a game that gives me joy and a good time, but after this is very hard to put my trust in this game now

PD Edit: Im not talking or care about fees! I can't even get mad about them since i can't use the mail system to start with!

If you don't want to use the mail , don't pay . I think NCSOFT will have to live with it :D

5 minutes ago, Seemslegit said:

If you don't want to use the mail , don't pay . I think NCSOFT will have to live with it :D

I just searched a little more and found that Lock6 said that soon, there will be a gold exchange-thingy were you can buy hongmoon coins with in-game gold??? or something like that

Might be expensive as hell! (in-game) but Im sure it will worth every single coin AND is a good method to fight against gold sellers, I hate them so much! i got my blocklist full in less than a minute.... RIP Faction chat  :,(

4 minutes ago, AshleyZX said:

I just searched a little more and found that Lock6 said that soon, there will be a gold exchange-thingy were you can buy hongmoon coins with in-game gold

Might be expensive as hell! (in-game) but Im sure it will worth every single coin AND is a good method to fight against gold sellers, I hate them so much! i got my blocklist full in less than a minute.... RIP Faction chat  :,(

I prefer the bots in faction chat , I hate the annoying trolls sharing fake life stories there . What I have seen ingame chats over the years can not be unseen . I 'll leave it at that .

9 minutes ago, Seemslegit said:

I prefer the bots in faction chat , I hate the annoying trolls sharing fake life stories there . What I have seen ingame chats over the years can not be unseen . I 'll leave it at that .

I have never seen  annoying trolls sharing fake life stories there, but at least for me the faction chat was awesome the first days, veterans of this game teached me a lot :D

4 minutes ago, AshleyZX said:

I have never seen  annoying trolls sharing fake life stories there, but at least for me the faction chat was awesome the first days, veterans of this game teached me a lot :D

K now this I can't understand , WHAT IS THERE TO LEARN about this simple SIMPLE game hoooly ... but that's just me .

1 minute ago, Seemslegit said:

K now this I can't understand , WHAT IS THERE TO LEARN about this simple SIMPLE game hoooly ... but that's just me .

Like never spam the bid button, keep most of the weapons and acc. to feed your hongmoon weapon, etc...

Archived