Not gonna pay for mail system......

AshleyZX

well not what will make me quit but the early fees in the game are freaking crazy, you cant even start crafting till 25+ because you JUST dont have the cash to support it, just to give you an example...

Cost: 10-12 copper for any crafting or close

Cost another 10-20 copper to have it air dropped

multiply this by 4, and you easily have over a silver dumped for crafting... now doesnt sound like much but you dont really start earning decent money till later on, most things sell for a few copper, and actual crafting is pretty expensive. Gets worse when you realize your chosen prof is USELESS! because game throws healing items at you like candy. Further if you do want to make useful items it requires refiner i think preimum stuff WHICH requires a player to have quartz which is SUPER rare to get do to the long respawn and bots farming crap out of it. The price of 1 quartz is like 4-5 silver on my server or more... which means you actually LOSE money trying to make anything right now.

my advice? IGNORE crafting its nigh useless do some research you'll find out that only a handful of useful professions.... the crafting system needs a major overhaul. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, YukiNagato said:

Just for reference, it actually may be a bug, since you are supposed to be able to send mail to your alts, at least according to their website,  and they are investigating it:

The person I was replying to was referring to having to pay at all for the mail system as they clarify several posts down that maybe it's just for F2P users. So no it isn't a bug. Being unable to trade to your alts seems bad though.

2 minutes ago, xcr said:

You are a brainwashed one arent you, if you say gold sellers and bots are the reason for this i am pretty damn sure you can relate to all other limitations in the game and queue times for example when it comes to gold sellers lets blame them for everything that is happening stupid *cricket*.

Um actually that IS what the mail restriction is for

2 minutes ago, xcr said:

You are a brainwashed one arent you, if you say gold sellers and bots are the reason for this i am pretty damn sure you can relate to all other limitations in the game and queue times for example when it comes to gold sellers lets blame them for everything that is happening stupid *cricket*.

They are the blame for most of this. This is one solution that can reduce the effort of this gold sellers. Its also easier for them to track down in there system to check on who is buying from gold sellers. There are tons of gold sellers in the game right now thats contributing to the que time and limitation are the only way to keep them from creating a business and ruin a good game. This system work because it significantly reduce gold sellers in Rift. Gold sellers are always going to be around as long as players pay this people but reducing it is the key and it can only work by limiting them completely. 

Just now, xcr said:

Sure dude tell yourself 

Well considering that it's a standard in F2P games to restrict mail for F2P users then it's not really difficult to see who's right here. Yes i'm sure they want us to spend money but they have other things, like the wardrobe system, to get legitimately angry over.

Just now, Spratchet said:

The person I was replying to was referring to having to pay at all for the mail system as they clarify several posts down that maybe it's just for F2P users. So no it isn't a bug. Being unable to trade to your alts seems bad though.

Well, at the moment if you don't buy NCoins at least once you can't send mail even to your alts and that's pretty harsh, if it's not a bug.

I'm waiting for updates on this matter because if it's intended I see many people ragequit over this.

3 minutes ago, Spratchet said:

Well considering that it's a standard in F2P games to restrict mail for F2P users then it's not really difficult to see who's right here. Yes i'm sure they want us to spend money but they have other things, like the wardrobe system, to get legitimately angry over.

What are you implying here i have no clue to be honest.

2 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

5 dollars is basically nothing to working players but it aint to kids that are still in middle school or high school.

Or college students, or people with debts and bills that play these kinds of games because subs and full price releases are too expensive....seriously this entire attitude that only children can't afford to pay is kinda pathetic.

1 minute ago, Spratchet said:

Or college students, or people with debts and bills that play these kinds of games because subs and full price releases are too expensive....seriously this entire attitude that only children can't afford to pay is kinda pathetic.

I guess its easy for you to say, let me guess your a wealthy person, not everyone have the luxury to throw money on video games and enjoy them.

3 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

He is going to quit because he is being limited as a F2P player. They want free services because this is America

To be fair the best F2P games DON'T restrict F2P users. They just give cool incentives to make you want to pay.

1 minute ago, Spratchet said:

Im a college student, im working and studying nonstop. Theres alot in my hands, and ive only got this month to play. Going back to school and still working. The guy is complaining because he cant spend only 5 dollars on game. Alot of the stuff in the game can be given for free already and you still think f2p is entitled to never be limited? Mail restriction is so common in F2P

Its only 5 dollars my god, and almost everything in the cash shop can be bought if you play long enough. If you dont work and have time to complain in the forum, youll eventually earn them. Why not just support the company thats paying for the server 5 dollars so they can provide a better service for us?

1 hour ago, AshleyZX said:

Im pretty sure that by saying that the game says that "Your character needs to be level 15+ to use the mail system." and then asking money for it
without any further explanation is kinda obvious  :(

I never said anything like "DAMN the fees for using mail are insane" or anything like that.... Sometimes people just read whatever they want.

pfft, says the person who doesn't know how to properly clarify what he/she wants to say. Its not everyone's fault we were misled by your original post which now you updated properly. Don't blame people for your mistakes.

+1.

More i see their "strongly motivate player to pay" policy, more they disgusting me.

I mean, supporting a game with money is NOT an issue. And i'am more than ok to do so.

But i HATE over anything else, is seeing all thoses "paywall". That game is more a "pay or you clearly going to be annoyed"

And that, i clearly cant stand that.

That game is cool, clearly not perfect, but clearly worth it. But more they try to "show how its better to pay" less i'am going to agree to pay...

The only motivation they succeed to create for me is :" Clearly no way i give money to thoses guys"

This staff are working hard as we speak, they probably have alot of money and they have to sacrifice some of there resource to increase the server capacity and add new server. You think the game is going to last if everything is given to you for free? You eventually have to pay for their services if you want better results from them and keep the game healthy. They have to pay monthly to keep the server and the maintenance aswell.

Just now, xcr said:

I guess its easy for you to say, let me guess your a wealthy person, not everyone have the luxury to throw money on video games and enjoy them.

Re-read my post and then realize that you basically just agreed with me.

1 minute ago, YuriScarlet said:

Im a college student, im working and studying nonstop. Theres alot in my hands, and ive only got this month to play. Going back to school and still working. The guy is complaining because he cant spend only 5 dollars on game. Alot of the stuff in the game can be given for free already and you still think f2p is entitled to never be limited? Mail restriction is so common in F2P

Not at all the point of that post. I just see all over the forums that F2P users are always referred to as "kids" and sure some of them are but alot aren't so they really need to stop.

YuriScarlet i would actually like to think that if we did they would give something back to the community but let's be real i havent seen anything pointing in that direction yet since release, it seems to me its only take take take and take.

The difference in walking in a store compared to playing this game isnt different at all the only additional thing NCsoft does is tape a pile of shit on your back while looking in their store and let's not talking about the little space there is in there so obviously there is a queue.

30 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

well not what will make me quit but the early fees in the game are freaking crazy, you cant even start crafting till 25+ because you JUST dont have the cash to support it, just to give you an example...

Cost: 10-12 copper for any crafting or close

Cost another 10-20 copper to have it air dropped

multiply this by 4, and you easily have over a silver dumped for crafting... now doesnt sound like much but you dont really start earning decent money till later on, most things sell for a few copper, and actual crafting is pretty expensive. Gets worse when you realize your chosen prof is USELESS! because game throws healing items at you like candy. Further if you do want to make useful items it requires refiner i think preimum stuff WHICH requires a player to have quartz which is SUPER rare to get do to the long respawn and bots farming crap out of it. The price of 1 quartz is like 4-5 silver on my server or more... which means you actually LOSE money trying to make anything right now.

my advice? IGNORE crafting its nigh useless do some research you'll find out that only a handful of useful professions.... the crafting system needs a major overhaul. 

I have to disagree. Crafting so far is the only reason I'm making money at all and I started as soon as I hit level 11 and chose my crafts. :) You just have to look at the marketplace and see what you can craft and start selling, even if it's only a couple silver that is still income, you're making back what you lost plus more. Instead of instant delivering the items to yourself using your copper, you should just wait till reach a town and collect the items. You just have to pay attention and you can actually make money. Merry Potters guild and Soul Wardens are good crafts to use on your mains but I've also made some money from radiant ring and forgekeepers, haven't tried the other's yet. I will say they should add more nodes for quartz because materials for crafting should never be almost worth more than the item made using them...

Archived