AshleyZX

Not gonna pay for mail system......

Recommended Posts

Inuro   
9 hours ago, Solica7 said:

Its called having a sense of humor. You should look into having one.  Im truly sorry if your free game isn't free enough for you. Personally I would be perfectly OK with going back to the old 69.99 plus 14.99 a month model if they would release games that are finished. I just think everyone is overreacting and QQ'ing a lot over small stuff. Also, I am a highschool English teacher. Your juvenile insults have no effect on me. 

There is one thing we can agree on, I would gladly go back to the old 69.99 plus 14.99 a month model as well. But paying for every tiny feature even if it is supposed to be free, (mail to alts) is absurd.

Checked your whole post again, see no humour whatsoever... Maybe the game is having a bad influence on me.

I don't really care what sort of a teacher you are... whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lorahar   

it doesn't even work for people who bought ncoin a lot of people who spent cash on the game still got their mail blocked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nymx   
On 1/31/2016 at 9:17 PM, Solica7 said:

Its called having a sense of humor. You should look into having one.  Im truly sorry if your free game isn't free enough for you. Personally I would be perfectly OK with going back to the old 69.99 plus 14.99 a month model if they would release games that are finished. I just think everyone is overreacting and QQ'ing a lot over small stuff. Also, I am a highschool English teacher. Your juvenile insults have no effect on me. 

if we did go back to the 60 and 15 a month model this game wouldnt see the light of day ever. this game has no pve that matters. crafting is pathetic. the game is buggy as *cricket*. and pvp is basically a console fighter  with less playable characters. ohh yeah this game has also been out for years.

Edited by nymx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vicam78   
On 1/24/2016 at 7:50 PM, Darkshana said:

Just spent 5 dollar and problem solved. Its not even to directly pay for mail. The game already went from P2P to F2P what more can you ask for?

 

This game was never P2P it has always been F2P. Even overseas in Korea, China, and Japan the game has been F2P. Whomever told you that this game was P2P was seriously wrong. I do agree with the op though. Too many F2P games are making it so you have to spend some sort of money to get something that should be given to you at least once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting for a "fix"

 

Also, very.. hm... funny thing.

 

1 - if you have XX computer you can run XX account at the same time, and they dont care.  But you are not allowed to start another client on the same PC  ---  broken logic

2 - if you have another computer, so another account, you can trade with your alt, but they didnt unlocked the alt mailing, even if it SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE for free

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207420056-Why-Can-t-I-Send-Mail-To-Other-Players-

 

Support said "they are working on it", but as see how that terrible greedy 'team" ( whoever is responsable for that buisiness plan ) manage the game, i even doubt they are doing something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just gonna leave this here:

 

e8hk0CR.png

Ztm8Q5W.png

 

Apparently the game's own website can't even agree with itself. Makes you wonder what's intended and what's just broken, especially when you stop to think about why some items are marked as "Account Bound" and others as just "Unable to Trade". If you can't trade an item, wouldn't it already be account bound?

Sources: 

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/173260-mail-restriction-sadness/#comment-1656827
https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207420056-Why-Can-t-I-Send-Mail-To-Other-Players-

 

Edited by MasterFroglicker
forgot words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paywall.

Game managed by hongmoon lvl 20 greedy.

 

Imho, the way they manage their buisiness is the real game cancer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who complain and refuse to spend a mere $5 to support a game they'd be playing for hours don't deserve the right to do so. Regardless if the reason is silly such as being able to send mail, just spend $5 and be done with it. You'll be able to fully use the coin equivalent to buy anything you want later on anyway. It's not as if you're asking you to buy the mail feature for 400 coins.

 

Steam requires you to buy $5 worth from their library to be able to use the friend list. This is something similar to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kamirose   
On February 1, 2016 at 8:51 PM, Lorahar said:

it doesn't even work for people who bought ncoin a lot of people who spent cash on the game still got their mail blocked

I would be one of those people. I bought premium two weeks ago, logged in every day, sent in a support ticket, escalated it when I was told I wouldn't even be kept up to date on receiving the product I purchased... Nothing still. I'm getting to the point where I feel scammed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chinmi   

omg... just buy the student pack. it's $5 FFS.... don't be cheap people that only want freebies in their lives.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lorahar   

dude i bought the student pack

the mail is still blocked even after i made a purchase

thats what im mainly complaining about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,if i buy the 30 days premium thing whit gold from another player in  game i can use that mail system or i have to actually buy the ncoins and then spend'em?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hellgreed said:

Hey,if i buy the 30 days premium thing whit gold from another player in  game i can use that mail system or i have to actually buy the ncoins and then spend'em?

Since it says to specifically buy ncoin then I believe only ncoin will unlock the mailing feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was trying to read through this thread, and halfway through I forgot what the point was supposed to be. I had to go back and look.

 

I realize people are upset because of the mail system being behind a paywall, but you aren't actually paying FOR the mail system. Buying something is one of the easiest ways for the game to confirm that you are not a bot, and your use of the mail system will not be to spam other people endlessly with messages. This is not the only game to do something like this. They aren't trying to nickle and dime you, it's a spam/bot prevention measure. Are there other ones they could use? Sure. But this is the one they chose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MadBlue   
On 2/12/2016 at 0:33 PM, vicam78 said:

 

This game was never P2P it has always been F2P. Even overseas in Korea, China, and Japan the game has been F2P. Whomever told you that this game was P2P was seriously wrong. I do agree with the op though. Too many F2P games are making it so you have to spend some sort of money to get something that should be given to you at least once.

 

B&S has been P2P in Korea since launch. It also launched as P2P in Japan in May 2014, but converted to F2P in March of last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taki84   
On 1/22/2016 at 4:30 PM, Bambam said:

The problem is not in receiving mail. The problem is that it say you have to make at least 1 NCOIN transaction if you want to send mail. So if you want to send mail you have to spend real money Haven't seen something like this in any other MMO.

SWTOR does the same thing for those whoa re F2P, they also restrict chat usage, and do not allow them to trade with people unless they become preffered; and the only way(s) to do that are 1. Spend money to get cartel coins. 2. Use some ones friend code to get the preffered bundle. Option 1 is used by many more since not everyone shares their friend code. Of course that's a example of P2P doing it.

 

I've read several for and against posts so i figure I'll send in my .02 and see if maybe we can chill the hate and anger.

 

I've noticed (We've ALL noticed) the game isn't complete on the NA servers. Issue being recently released. I will say this is short sighted on Devs part story and end game wise, but I figure they did this so those new to the game wouldn't be overwhelmed. so I think some pro's and cons are in order.

 

PROS

NOT P2W!!- other then Prem which hands more EXP and cash rewards and cash drop NCoin store really only useful for RNG items and outfits or the occasional dragon soup (does it have hotsauce.....mmmm franks red hot I put that *Cricket* on everything)

Based on skill, knowledge of class, practice. Not who has the most epic gear.

Distinct lack of elitism from 85-90% of the server community (I'm on Yunwa can only speak for that server)

Easy to pick up. 

Slightly addictive. (Personaly I do sub For SWTOR but since starting this game I've played it more than SWTOR)

Cross server dungeons and PVP.- to my knowledge (please correct if i'm wrong) only WoW does that sort of thing. Makes it easier to group for dungeons, insta PVP pops...and in my personal case since they are so fast....helps cut back on cigarettes HA joke I smoke like a chimney

Open world PVP that you chose if you want to participate in or not

CONS

Bugged mail system- have to pay to access even then doesn't work though prem can use vault keeper mail

CS copy paste happy (SWTOR does the same thing so did Cabal and MTGO)

Bots, spammers- This happens in EVERY F2P game it's even happening in SWTOR now

CAN NOT DELETE MAIL WITHOUT DELIVERING ITEMS. I DO have a secondary account I logged onto it there was over 30 mail messages each from a spammer each containing 1 copper...it would cost 9 copper per mail to receive that 1 copper, no delete button so it sits.

I was going to put down log in Queues but I haven't seen one of them in months.

 

Please if anyone can think of more pros and cons feel free to add in, but the way i see it right now other than the bugged mail system this is a solid game. I really like that it's not P2W like Cabal and Cabal 2 are. Like the fact that all game play content is open to everyone NCoin or not (SWTOR has restrictions so do several others) and lets be honest this game is enjoyable even if the end game is lacking right now. We will get it soon so be patient padawan.

 

Edited by Taki84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kure   

So, I just finished writing a rather long opinion on all this, and then just before I hit submit my computer decided it preferred being shut down. Since I'm ticked at fate I'll still make a post, but it's a bit more brief.

 

First, it's a bad idea to compare the marketing strategies of other games. All companies make their own choices and it's debatable if they make the right ones.

 

Next, this debate pretty much involves all services, ranging from mail, hotkey bars, forming guilds, storage, instant travel, and more. Pretty much anything not relating to in game competition or cosmetics.

 

There are two values in this debate. One side believes all services are a natural part of playing an MMO. For comparison, the way this side views charging such services would be the same if a government started taxing air (which has happened). The other side sees all aspects of the game as owned and controlled by the company. It's different than real life where there's so much isn't given by the people in charge. Your view on different services depends on where you fall between these two values and the necessity of the service. There probably is a true balance to be had for maximum profit and enjoyment. However, even if a company where to find it, there'd still be people arguing on both sides of the matter.

 

Not that I think NCsoft has that balance. Personally I'm used to having a free wardrobe, let alone the ability to mail. However, as a player I have very little say in the matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
torquems   

NCsoft lie to us saying that you can send mails to your alts for free

If they charge me for sending mail to friends that I dont have a problem with

but charging me to send mail for my alts,thats take the cake

And MasterFroglicker show it,that they lie

I like this game and I play it because I saw the free mail to alts,but now I know its a lie

Edited by torquems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gweni   
On 2/11/2016 at 9:54 PM, MasterFroglicker said:

I'm just gonna leave this here:

 

e8hk0CR.png

Ztm8Q5W.png

 

Apparently the game's own website can't even agree with itself. Makes you wonder what's intended and what's just broken, especially when you stop to think about why some items are marked as "Account Bound" and others as just "Unable to Trade". If you can't trade an item, wouldn't it already be account bound?

Sources: 

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/173260-mail-restriction-sadness/#comment-1656827
https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207420056-Why-Can-t-I-Send-Mail-To-Other-Players-

 

This is ridiculous...I even got "ncoin" by selling my gold in game and i still cant mail to my alt. Turns out its really hongmoon coin not "ncoin" as the currency exchange leads one to believe and hongmoon coin is about as useful as jugs on a bull would be. I cant purchase anything with it even in shop. It keeps telling me "you need more ncoins to make this purchase" even though I have more than enough hongmoon coins. Anyway back to the mail problem, dont tell people they can mail to alts if its a lie and as far as keeping gold sellers from spamming the mail...do you really think gold sellers would have a problem spending $5 to use the mail system? The only people paywalls stop are those who seriously CANT afford $5. I know its hard for some of you to phantom the idea that there really are people out there who do not have $5 to drop on a game but its true, so stop telling people to "stop being cheap" if they had it I'm sure they'd spend the $5. Trying to force people to spend money they dont have, in order to use a simple game feature such as mail is in my opinion ridiculous, especially when the website CLEARLY says you can mail to alts. And no, not using mail does not stop you from playing but it does complicates things to the point I almost want to quit playing, because if i could mail to my alt they could also sell 10 items a day, it would help to have a little more in game gold, ect. As it is it will take me forever to make enough gold to buy enough hongmoon coins to even matter. So free to play is a deception, yes it is technically f2p but in reality its very complicated and difficult and more like pay to win, not free to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gweni said:

This is ridiculous...I even got "ncoin" by selling my gold in game and i still cant mail to my alt. Turns out its really hongmoon coin not "ncoin" as the currency exchange leads one to believe and hongmoon coin is about as useful as jugs on a bull would be. I cant purchase anything with it even in shop. It keeps telling me "you need more ncoins to make this purchase" even though I have more than enough hongmoon coins. Anyway back to the mail problem, dont tell people they can mail to alts if its a lie and as far as keeping gold sellers from spamming the mail...do you really think gold sellers would have a problem spending $5 to use the mail system? The only people paywalls stop are those who seriously CANT afford $5. I know its hard for some of you to phantom the idea that there really are people out there who do not have $5 to drop on a game but its true, so stop telling people to "stop being cheap" if they had it I'm sure they'd spend the $5. Trying to force people to spend money they dont have, in order to use a simple game feature such as mail is in my opinion ridiculous, especially when the website CLEARLY says you can mail to alts. And no, not using mail does not stop you from playing but it does complicates things to the point I almost want to quit playing, because if i could mail to my alt they could also sell 10 items a day, it would help to have a little more in game gold, ect. As it is it will take me forever to make enough gold to buy enough hongmoon coins to even matter. So free to play is a deception, yes it is technically f2p but in reality its very complicated and difficult and more like pay to win, not free to play.

The exchange system does inform you profit and fee in "Hongmoon Coins" and not "NCoins". That one is your mistake for thinking you would get NCoins and be able to unlock the mailing system which obviously demands proper money purchase to be activated. Mailing to alts seem to be bugged for some reason but it's not like you could try asking clan member or someone you trust to help you trade the items.

 

There is specific tab in F10 to use Hongmoon Coins so just switch there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PKaBoo   

this whole thread caused me a headache as I tried figure out what's the fuss bout x.x

 

ncoins are ncoins

hm coins are hm coins...

you can't mix between the 2 lol

 

+you CAN'T mistake between the 2 in the F10 cashop !

less you need glasses of course :\

 

+mailing fees are cool... (in game money) 

and if you need buy somethin with ncoins ONCE to use the mail system now... I don't see the prob?

just buy an outfit or accessory and you can mail to whoever you want whenever you want ! xD

 

8 pages of pretty much same info over and over (didn't go through all of it as it really confused me what's the prob lol)

think of it as supporting the game for a good cause (hopefully they'll come to their senses before it will be too late and all of us will quit except them hardcore gamers that says "oh please... you can get 15g+ out of dailies easy" when we QQ bout gold issues within the game...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fufia   

+1 try force ppl donate is bad!

Why ppl cant read?

Why ppl think just because donate have more rights? is a F2P game all have the same rights donate just should give you stuff more fast.

Why ppl think if ppl dot  donate is a poor guy or a kid? I have Money but refuse give NCS money game have lots of problems and i dont see NCS fix all this so why i pay? (for me all you spend lots of maney in the game are the problem why NCS go spend maney fix any if you guys pay for bad serve and bad servisse)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F2p does mean "free to play" like a you can access in game without paying.

 

Not free to enjoy every contents in game without even small microtransaction.

Edited by TaeHwaRang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yamyatos   

Everytime this thread is close to dying somebody digs it up for some really silly comment and then people are all over it again, mostly complaining about why the thread exists or that people dont understand what they are talking about. This is actually quite funny.. the last page alone goes from february first to now and repeat the above scheme about 3-4 times xD

 

February 1 -> February 12 -> February 20 -> March 14 -> Now

We nearly had it guys. Just let it die. 

Edited by Yamyatos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now