Not gonna pay for mail system......

AshleyZX

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kargion said:

1 dollar to help spamming.  I think that is ok.  Now if it was like 50 bucks to unlock mail, sure, then you can be mad lol

One should not advertise a game as free to play if a basic feature is locked by a pay wall. It could be 50 cents and a kiss.

People shouldn't be expected to pay because they think its a convenient fix against gold spammers or what not.

4 minutes ago, Kargion said:

1 dollar to help spamming.  I think that is ok.  Now if it was like 50 bucks to unlock mail, sure, then you can be mad lol

It's $5 dollars because that's the minimum NCoin you can purchase. Also that's bullshit when I paid $25 dollars for founders. There we're bots in the head start you had to pay a minimum of $25 dollars for. You idiots claiming this stops gold botters COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG.

My personal opinion about blocking gold spammers.

1. have mail system be free
2. introduce an auto ban system where a playwer get kicked in auto if he repeats the same message in less then 10 seconds

Ok i know they'll bypass this anyway ^^

The premium system is really extreme right now. Starting with the wardrobe and ending with the currency drop.

The mail system is the most frustrating though. I've seen gold sellers buy subscriptions that cost at least $20, it is foolish to assume that 1 dollar is going to stop them.

And to all the dumb people who repeat that same phrase (you are all brainwashed, just listen to yourselves), YES, I know I have to pay for things in my life! NO, paying a dollar or even 20 dollars is NOT a problem. Paying for things that are definitely FREE is a problem. Especially at this stage, when the game crashes every 10 minutes, gold sellers don't stop spamming for a single second and a whole bunch of features are bugged and/or not working at all.

Mail system (among many other things) needs to be free.

On 1/25/2016 at 4:56 PM, TaranTatsuuchi said:

All that said. I already had 400 nccoins on my account from I don't remember when that I must have gotten at some point in the past.

Thus, my account has paid NCSoft money at some point, I have yet to get a character up to 15(?) for the level restriction, and I did go ahead and spend those 400 coins on another character slot, but once I get the chance to log in (queues T_T) and the time to level up enough I'll see if my account is considered able to mail or not.

Update, I have now gotten a character to 16.

I do not have mail access.

wait so im lost a dude clearly posted how nsoft said mail to alts is free and its not. so how are people wanting it to be free wrong? plus almost everything in this game is useless. the wardrove is actually the only thing worth the sub. everything else is kinda pathetic.

6 hours ago, nymx said:

wait so im lost a dude clearly posted how nsoft said mail to alts is free and its not. so how are people wanting it to be free wrong? plus almost everything in this game is useless. the wardrove is actually the only thing worth the sub. everything else is kinda pathetic.

Mail to alts is supposed to be free, but it's clearly not functioning. Urgh, I'm still thinking whether I should buy the premium after all... On the one side, I am desperately in need of outfit space, on the other, the premium is kind of useless if you don't buy MORE stuff regularly.

This game requires too much thinking, please nerf.

Why are some of you surprised about their marketing strategy?

Seriously.

The moment they offered premium payments for queue priority placement should have been a  giant duh that this game was made by a for-profit company.

Out of all my days of playing MMORPGs, I have never saw myself waiting in a virtual line to start playing a game.

On 1/26/2016 at 2:28 PM, Torwyn said:

Welcome to modern MMO's, where game systems are gouged to make you pay in frustration, and the player base defends these actions.

it's a pretty sad state of affairs, alright.

"f2p" model is clearly worse for the consumers in the long run (if it wasnt putting more money in publishers pockets, they wouldnt all be switching to it), and yet people still mindlessly defend it.

it's hard to comprehend.

Do you guys remember when all games where 49.99 then they went up to 59.99 plus 14.99 a month?  Now people are whining about haveing to pay $5 to play lmao. 

also, I think someone needs to do research before blowing up the forums. the rules for using mail are: 

1. BOTH CHARACTERS NEED TO BE LVL 16

2. YOU MUST HAVE PURCHASED NCOIN ONCE FOR PERMANENT UNLOCK. 

3. IF YOUR MAIL WAS FREE IT WOULD BE FULL OF SPAM. 

4. IF YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK WITH A CREDIT CARD ANYONE WHO BUYS GOLD WILL HAVE THEIR REAL IDENTITY LINKED TO THEIR ACCOUNT. SMART STRATEGY. BOTS NEED TO DIE. 

5. PLEASE STOP RAGING FORUMS. GAMES ARE ALWAYS BUGGY. THIS ONE IS FREE. STOP COMPLAINING THAT YOU DONT GET EVERYTHING FOR FREE. DO YOU DO YOUR JOB FOR FREE? NOONE MAKES GAMES FOR FREE IT IS A GRADUATED OPTIOINAL PAY BUSINESS MODEL WHICH ALOWS YOU TO PAY MORE OR LESS BASED ON YOUR INCOME LEVEL OR INTREST. IT IS A GOOD MODEL IT JUST HAS PROBLEMS. 

6. SRY  4 CAPPS. iM NOT MAD i JUST WANT ATTENTION ;) JK

I just wish we'd get an actual answer from NC about this. All of us who have put in tickets on the issue get copy-pasted or conflicted responses that do nothing to address whether their site is wrong or whether the system is bugged.

Fact: their site does say that we can mail alts for free without buying NCoin.

Fact: it isn't actually possible.

It would be nice to know either way, but they won't answer the damn tickets. It feels like they only read the titles and respond based off of those.

Personally, I don't care about mailing other people, but with there not being an account bank in this game, being able to mail alts is a necessity, not a convenience. Making us risk getting money or items stolen because we have to rely on a third party to transfer things to alts is beyond retarded...and according to their own site we don't even need to do this.

7 hours ago, Solica7 said:

Do you guys remember when all games where 49.99 then they went up to 59.99 plus 14.99 a month?  Now people are whining about haveing to pay $5 to play lmao. 

also, I think someone needs to do research before blowing up the forums. the rules for using mail are: 

1. BOTH CHARACTERS NEED TO BE LVL 16

2. YOU MUST HAVE PURCHASED NCOIN ONCE FOR PERMANENT UNLOCK. 

3. IF YOUR MAIL WAS FREE IT WOULD BE FULL OF SPAM. 

4. IF YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK WITH A CREDIT CARD ANYONE WHO BUYS GOLD WILL HAVE THEIR REAL IDENTITY LINKED TO THEIR ACCOUNT. SMART STRATEGY. BOTS NEED TO DIE. 

5. PLEASE STOP RAGING FORUMS. GAMES ARE ALWAYS BUGGY. THIS ONE IS FREE. STOP COMPLAINING THAT YOU DONT GET EVERYTHING FOR FREE. DO YOU DO YOUR JOB FOR FREE? NOONE MAKES GAMES FOR FREE IT IS A GRADUATED OPTIOINAL PAY BUSINESS MODEL WHICH ALOWS YOU TO PAY MORE OR LESS BASED ON YOUR INCOME LEVEL OR INTREST. IT IS A GOOD MODEL IT JUST HAS PROBLEMS. 

6. SRY  4 CAPPS. iM NOT MAD i JUST WANT ATTENTION ;) JK

1. As soon as you open your mail window, it says you need to pay to use it (character level 21), are you telling me that it knows my alts level? Doesn't matter what you are telling me actually, because it DOES NOT know my alts level. It DOES NOT WORK. Get over it.

2. Exactly what I was saying? Mail to alts is supposed to be FREE, and it is NOT. Not working, get over it.

3. There must be some sort of a flaw with that point, because I STILL get spam sometimes AND it doesn't solve the problem of spam/goldsellers alltogether. Moderators/admins/whoever not working, get over it.

4. Kind of sucks that it doesn't stop bots afterall, doesn't it. Strategy not working, get over it.

5. If the game is buggy, it needs to be fixed. If you think otherwise, then you are either brainwashed beyond imagining or your mom works instead of you and/or pays for your game. Get over it.

6. Oh, so you are a kid just as I stated in point 5. No offense intended. Really no need to tell everyone about your attention seeking problem.

11 hours ago, Inuro said:

1. As soon as you open your mail window, it says you need to pay to use it (character level 21), are you telling me that it knows my alts level? Doesn't matter what you are telling me actually, because it DOES NOT know my alts level. It DOES NOT WORK. Get over it.

2. Exactly what I was saying? Mail to alts is supposed to be FREE, and it is NOT. Not working, get over it.

3. There must be some sort of a flaw with that point, because I STILL get spam sometimes AND it doesn't solve the problem of spam/goldsellers alltogether. Moderators/admins/whoever not working, get over it.

4. Kind of sucks that it doesn't stop bots afterall, doesn't it. Strategy not working, get over it.

5. If the game is buggy, it needs to be fixed. If you think otherwise, then you are either brainwashed beyond imagining or your mom works instead of you and/or pays for your game. Get over it.

6. Oh, so you are a kid just as I stated in point 5. No offense intended. Really no need to tell everyone about your attention seeking problem.

Its called having a sense of humor. You should look into having one.  Im truly sorry if your free game isn't free enough for you. Personally I would be perfectly OK with going back to the old 69.99 plus 14.99 a month model if they would release games that are finished. I just think everyone is overreacting and QQ'ing a lot over small stuff. Also, I am a highschool English teacher. Your juvenile insults have no effect on me. 

I've spent money on the game but I can still see that it's kind of messed up to FORCE people into slipping minimum $5 into their pocket for something so basic. I didn't even know this was an issue since I paid for premium to bypass the queues before even starting, lmao. 

But to say "oh they're screwing you over because of gold spammers" .... I mean that sounds kind of backwards. Especially considering that it's not exactly like gold spamming ISN'T a problem in the game so everyone should just sit down and be grateful. The methods of the game shouldn't be built around the people breaking the rules -- they should be set around the players who are following them. It's just a game that people play in their free time. It shouldn't be required to take a $5 bill and let it blow away in the wind just to enjoy the basic aspects of it. 

19 minutes ago, Redmonster said:

I've spent money on the game but I can still see that it's kind of messed up to FORCE people into slipping minimum $5 into their pocket for something so basic. I didn't even know this was an issue since I paid for premium to bypass the queues before even starting, lmao. 

That's one of the reasons I wait before spending money on a 'free' game.

So I can see how their monetization scheme is set up first.

Archived