Forums

Not gonna pay for mail system......

AshleyZX

2 hours ago, Waikikamukau said:

Damn.  So much crying.

Support the game with a minimal amount and get what you want.

A solution already exists to the dilemma and you help keep the servers running, devs getting paid, etc.

Don't like it?  Continue crying and spending effort trying to get 'something that should be free to be free' and be summarily overruled by NCSoft.  Restaurants don't care if a customer who comes in and wants a glass of water leaves without spending any money.  They're not a paying customer.  They aren't keeping the lights on or the staff paid.  The paying customers who are getting a burger and fries are the ones keeping wheels moving.  If they have a problem, they have a bargaining position: monetary compensation.  

Someone who brings nothing to the table has nothing to bargain with. 

You are probably one of those people we can blame for the current DLC practices we have.  You just pony up that money without looking at the big picture, without looking at the long term.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Vishimtar said:

Wah wah wah.  A lot of games are forcing a 1 time purchase to use mail and such.  It's to keep the gold spammer abuse down, and it works.  Buy the cheapest package once, and quit bellyaching.

What are you dense how does this stop gold spam that is in chat not mail. So your point is invalid no other game has min game mail as a must pay to use set up this is nothing more then a situation where they released an incomplete game with as many ways to grab cash as possible before people wise up and stop paying for cra/p.

this system is to combat gold sellers! So they don't spam our mail boxes with spam, i love this system don't have to delete every *cricket*ing time i login all the spam!
Also if you don't gonna spend money on this game you can leave. 1 ncoin is nothing.

12 minutes ago, VRock said:

this system is to combat gold sellers! So they don't spam our mail boxes with spam, i love this system don't have to delete every *cricket*ing time i login all the spam!
Also if you don't gonna spend money on this game you can leave. 1 ncoin is nothing.

lol, how would that combat gold sellers? You have no spam in mail? Fine, but are goldsellers gone? no. And if goldsellers think that they need mail, they just pay without hassle like they pay subs for world of warcraft with their goldfarmbots. Not to mention, that other games achieve the same with intelligent spam filters. It's all about money, nothing else.

so, much, salt, delicious, baby, tears. 

but seriously more and more games that are coming out RECENTLY are doing something like this, where if its f2p they have some minor things blocked untill that account has had atleast 1 purchase in its history. the simple fact that it dosent prevent you from buying, or selling on the market place is enough to make me happy.

the fact that its at the very least cutting down on bot activity in the mail box is another plus.

worst comes to worst and you REALLY REALLY REALLY need to mail your buddy 2 words that you cant just pm him? spend 5 bucks, get 5 bucks worth of stuff from the cash shop, dont go to micky'Ds for one day. and enjoy the game.

15 hours ago, Prototypemind said:

Actually you can't send mail on SWTOR unless you make at least one purchase or have subbed for at least one month, unless they changed it recently, which I doubt. It's not unheard of in games, though it's very unusual in games that are completely f2p.

Here's the thing.

BnS West is not 100% F2P, it's using a Freemium business model.

If only more people would understand that, then everything would be fine.

F2P gamers are such fudging crybabies...

Cryin' about P2P, cryin' about not having everything handed to them on a silver platter and i won't even mention all the whining about "<random class is too OP nerf plx or i leave>" BS in most mmorpgs.

If people can't afford to make one purchase to support the developers, then how on earth do they even get by in real life? If there are kids whining, quit playing and focus on school. If you're an adult, get a bleepin' job and stop whining.

14 minutes ago, Tarselis said:

lol, how would that combat gold sellers? You have no spam in mail? Fine, but are goldsellers gone? no. And if goldsellers think that they need mail, they just pay without hassle like they pay subs for world of warcraft with their goldfarmbots. Not to mention, that other games achieve the same with intelligent spam filters. It's all about money, nothing else.

That must be one of the least intelligent and informed replies i have ever read.

The bots in wow uses free licenses. They don't pay subs.

They also stopped sending mail once Blizzard enforced an active sub in order to send/recieve mail and use the AH.

Goldfarming bots farm in set locations, and there are way less bots in World of Warcraft than ever before.

Also, they use teleport hacks to teleport around the maps without having to worry about mobs attacking them (They are level 1 after all!). Instant gathering hacks, unlimited inventory hacks, basically any hack imaginable.

There was a documentary on Nat Geo a long time ago about gold sellers and the gold selling "industry". Worth a watch.

The big difference between this, and other Freemium games is that World of Warcraft has an addon support system that lets us use addons to block gold sellers etc, whereas F2P and Freemium games doesn't have any addon support. Well, except Wildstar, that i know of.

Do yourself a HUGE favor, and enlighten yourself a bit better before posting.

I have no problem with restricting mail for f2p to combat rmt mail spam, the problem is the combination of no shared bank account and not being able to send mail to your alt.  This basically gates a good portion of crafting for f2p, which isn't good for population long term.  Maintaining a large f2p population is just as essential as providing services/items that people want to buy if you want a f2p game to succeed.  Once the pop starts shrinking, a lot of paying customers jump ship for the next big thing.  I'm holding off on spending cash until I get one character max level, just to see if I like the endgame compared to Black Desert, since that's coming out soon and I prefer a b2p initial barrier to entry. 

3 hours ago, Rurumo said:

I have no problem with restricting mail for f2p to combat rmt mail spam, the problem is the combination of no shared bank account and not being able to send mail to your alt.  This basically gates a good portion of crafting for f2p, which isn't good for population long term.  Maintaining a large f2p population is just as essential as providing services/items that people want to buy if you want a f2p game to succeed.  Once the pop starts shrinking, a lot of paying customers jump ship for the next big thing.  I'm holding off on spending cash until I get one character max level, just to see if I like the endgame compared to Black Desert, since that's coming out soon and I prefer a b2p initial barrier to entry. 

Haha...

You really think BDO is going to be buy to play only? You're fooling yourself if that's what you think buddy, just wait and see.

20 hours ago, Tarselis said:

Yes, that could be done but i've never seen a MMORPG Publisher taking these steps to get rid of RMTing. IP Adressbans can be circumvented anyway...And your example is a whole other story, thats about copyright infringement.

They too have access to legal powers.  Its been used before...do your homework.

Blizzard wins lawsuit against RMT company

On 24/1/2016 at 7:08 AM, Lock6 said:

Hi,

Since there seems to be some confusion, it makes no business sense for us to allow spammers and gold sellers and if we had the choice we would immediately purge the game of them forever.

Unfortunately there is no magic fix to this issue, but we are actively working on more ways to combat them and we are seeing progress.

We know it's frustrating to see, but while we can't share details please understand we are doing a lot behind the scenes.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hi,

I have an idea for this mail problem and if you can share it with the staff that would be great,

1. Make only a player's friends to be able to receive and send mail PLUS THE LEVEL 15+ RULE
and those that are already in the block list are unable to send mail and/or friend request.

2. If people use the mail system (or any other method) to sell and buy gold then ban both, the seller and the buyer.

NOW, im sure people can say: But now they will be able to sell gold through mail!.... Well they are already spamming at faction chat AND by having gold sellers blocked from the chat now you have them blocked from your mail too! So im sure its almost the same but now people don't have to pay for mail system because of those bastards.

Thanks.

On the subject of 'it's only $5'.

Typically, in a 'free to play' title, when I start out I play without spending any money, to at least just see how the system is set up for free players and to get a feel for the monetization system they have set up.

If I find that I am opposed to the system then I will not purchase anything, if it drives me away from the game then it's definitely a game I don't want to support.

If I don't mind the system, then I don't mind spending some money on it if there's things I feel are a good enough value for my preferences.

All that said. I already had 400 nccoins on my account from I don't remember when that I must have gotten at some point in the past.

Thus, my account has paid NCSoft money at some point, I have yet to get a character up to 15(?) for the level restriction, and I did go ahead and spend those 400 coins on another character slot, but once I get the chance to log in (queues T_T) and the time to level up enough I'll see if my account is considered able to mail or not.

On 1/24/2016 at 4:38 AM, Fyk0 said:

There would be new bots spamming every day, muting a few does nothing. I don't see any problem how it currently is to prevent gold seller spam

A "good" muting system isn't about muting the bot.  It's about muting the message.

I don't care if gold seller is creating a new bot every 10 minutes sending out his message of "buy gold at blahblahblah.com", if any message with any human readable version of "blahblahblah.com" is muted before I ever see it.

On 23.01.2016 г. at 11:18 PM, AshleyZX said:

The more i play the more im ready to leave and im sure im not the only one

First the game tells me that i have to be lvl 15 or more to use it: FINE! I can live with that... But then it tells me that i have to pay for it.... This is the first time i encounter such lie in an mmorpg
Im always more than happy to put some $$$ into a game that gives me joy and a good time, but after this is very hard to put my trust in this game now

PD Edit: Im not talking or care about fees! I can't event get mad about them since i can't use the mail system to start with!

See you in a week .

theres this wonderful thing called in game trade. really no need to spend money less your that lazy and cant use a silver or copper to tp to someone and trade them. and if your going to say "but i want to send something to my alt wah wah wah" then whats the point of making a new toon if your going to feed it money and gear

2 hours ago, Unskilled banana said:

Ok... Who the f*** cares about the mail system? Buy premium if it's so important or leave the game. We don't need you there is still million active players.

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAH!!! You can't be serious! xD...... PREMIUM.......
Laughing-Then-Crying-Meme-03.png

Thanks  :3

40 minutes ago, 863299_1452550316 said:

theres this wonderful thing called in game trade. really no need to spend money less your that lazy and cant use a silver or copper to tp to someone and trade them. and if your going to say "but i want to send something to my alt wah wah wah" then whats the point of making a new toon if your going to feed it money and gear

It looks like the 69% of the items in-game can't be traded... or at least the good ones.

Archived