Not gonna pay for mail system......

AshleyZX

2 minutes ago, MadMage said:

I don't even know why this would be a rage-worthy issue; it's blatantly anti-consumer under the guise of being bot protection. A captcha would have worked just fine. 

Hell, I had premium gifted to me and I can't even access the mail. I do not intend to spend a penny myself unless this sort of nonsense is fixed. 

I have to agree here that is some pure nonsense it's apparently not enough that other people help you out to gain access to features and pay for you but NCsoft classify this as a non contribution to their economic wealth ontop of this.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As if they will ban me. Banning me for giving a bit of criticism to you in the nicest way i can put it. Im sorry but I wont get banned for that. You two have been criticizing me and trying to make sense out of your arguments againts me. Even if im not completely right, your arguments are not divine. Good luck with the mail system though. Wont even bother replying anymore

2 minutes ago, psyburn21 said:

What concerns me more is the mail system not allowing you to mail to your other characters when it is suppose to let you.  The paying to use the mail system is of little concern to me otherwise.

It's disappointing we have to use the mail for this to begin with - why isn't there an account bank? 

Just now, YuriScarlet said:

As if they will ban me. Banning me for giving a bit of criticism to you in the nicest way i can put it. Im sorry but I wont get banned for that. You two have been criticizing me and trying to make sense out of your arguments againts me. Even if im not completely right, your arguments are not divine. Good luck with the mail system though. Wont even bother replying anymore

You just make a lot of assumptions out of thin air, trying to make others look cheap or poor over your majestic expenditure of a couple of bucks.

I'm really tempted to say what I think about people bragging about spending a couple of bucks, but I'll abstain.

Just now, MadMage said:

It's disappointing we have to use the mail for this to begin with - why isn't there an account bank? 

Exactly! I'm really puzzled about that, using mail to trade with alts is annoying already, having f2p population unable to trade at all (with alts) is really concerning as, to repeat myself, I see many people quit over this particular issue (not the mail restriction per se).

thank the God for the ignore user function, some people are so high up in their horses they they even turn a legit complain thread into their condescending parade heh.

the current system f ucking sucks.period. There's no way paying a real money for a Basic MMORPG Feature is the way to go, especially when It even made you unable to send mail to your alts. like wtf?

30 minutes ago, MadMage said:

An account bank would be nice, but I wasn't expecting that out the gates with this game.  Most Korean based MMOs that I've played don't have that feature starting out and it's during the western adaptation that such features are added.

2 hours ago, YuriScarlet said:

5 dollars is basically nothing to working players but it aint to kids that are still in middle school or high school.

It's nothing for Goldsellers either. So the paywall for the mailsystem to prevent Goldsellers is pure bs. It's just making money out of a very basic game feature.

11 hours ago, Vishimtar said:

Wah wah wah.  A lot of games are forcing a 1 time purchase to use mail and such.  It's to keep the gold spammer abuse down, and it works.  Buy the cheapest package once, and quit bellyaching.

Oh would that be horrible.. just horrible, if the RMTer gold spammers got a hold of our mail system!   We got them in faction chat now.  I was commenting in faction chat, how they havent' popped up in your whispers or tells :-\.  I never considered the in game mail.  I would pay to keep gold spammers of my user interface.  They irk the very core of my being.  If you want to torture me into giving a false statement, or divulging top secret intelligence, tie me up, put a Oculus Rift over my eyes, and flood my view with gold spam!  This the new waterboarding.

1 minute ago, KrazyX said:

Oh would that be horrible.. just horrible, if the RMTer gold spammers got a hold of our mail system!   We got them in faction chat now.  I was commenting in faction chat, how they havent' popped up in your whispers or tells :-\.  I never considered the in game mail.  I would pay to keep gold spammers of my user interface.  They irk the very core of my being.  If you want to torture me into giving a false statement, or divulging top secret intelligence, tie me up, put a Oculus Rift over my eyes, and flood my view with gold spam!  This the new waterboarding.

RMTers make enough money to simply buy some ncoins to use the mail system.. in subscription based games they even pay the sub. Nothing is prevented by that barrier, it's just more money for ncsoft. :-)

18 minutes ago, Tarselis said:

RMTers make enough money to simply buy some ncoins to use the mail system.. in subscription based games they even pay the sub. Nothing is prevented by that barrier, it's just more money for ncsoft. :-)

I will have to disagree.  This is a business, and as such they have to maintain the best of practices, in order to succeed.  Getting in bed with shady or criminal likes as these, is bad for business.  Just the aurora of such, could wreck havoc on their paying player base, if they don't enforce their EULA, by eradicating violators with a swift strong hand. 

Just now, KrazyX said:

I will have to disagree.  This is a business, and as such they have to maintain the best of practices, in order to succeed.  Getting in bed with shady or criminal likes as these, is bad for business.  Just the aurora of such, could wreck havoc on their paying player base, if they don't enforce their EULA, by eradicating violators with a swift strong hand. 

How do they even know in the first place where the money comes from? They ban rmters, rtmers make new accounts and pay again. Same procedure in any game. especially the f2p ones. I don't even blame the publishers for that, but it's a simple fact that they profit from that in one or another way. WoW has RMT since the beginning, RMTers pay subs, get banned, buy new accounts over and over again.

• NCSOFT

Hi,

Since there seems to be some confusion, it makes no business sense for us to allow spammers and gold sellers and if we had the choice we would immediately purge the game of them forever.

Unfortunately there is no magic fix to this issue, but we are actively working on more ways to combat them and we are seeing progress.

We know it's frustrating to see, but while we can't share details please understand we are doing a lot behind the scenes.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

3 minutes ago, Tarselis said:

How do they even know in the first place where the money comes from? They ban rmters, rtmers make new accounts and pay again. Same procedure in any game. especially the f2p ones. I don't even blame the publishers for that, but it's a simple fact that they profit from that in one or another way. WoW has RMT since the beginning, RMTers pay subs, get banned, buy new accounts over and over again.

IP addresses. IP domains.  Go after them where it hurts most.  At that big electronics show recently.  A knockoff Hoverboard manufacturer was there with their displays.  The legal owners of the design, got a court order against them.  The Sherriff's Department waltzed in, hauled away everything, including posters, leaving them sitting there at a empty table, mouths to the floor.  Its not as hopeless as it appears.   This a debate for another thread, another time. 

3 minutes ago, KrazyX said:

IP addresses. IP domains.  Go after them where it hurts most.  At that big electronics show recently.  A knockoff Hoverboard manufacturer was there with their displays.  The legal owners of the design, got a court order against them.  The Sherriff's Department waltzed in, hauled away everything, including posters, leaving them sitting there at a empty table, mouths to the floor.  Its not as hopeless as it appears.   This a debate for another thread, another time. 

Yes, that could be done but i've never seen a MMORPG Publisher taking these steps to get rid of RMTing. IP Adressbans can be circumvented anyway...And your example is a whole other story, thats about copyright infringement.

19 minutes ago, Lock6 said:

Lock6, both my patience and understanding are waning rapidly. 

In the words of Scotty, "I'm giving her all she's got, Captain!  [the bridge ceiling begins to crack as the ship's drawn closer]

Aside from my humor...I am serious. Please pass this along, to the person who sits at the desk, with the plaque that says, "The buck stops here!"  I would add [with blank Paypal login on screen], "NO!  The buck stops HERE!!!"

35 minutes ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

Since there seems to be some confusion, it makes no business sense for us to allow spammers and gold sellers and if we had the choice we would immediately purge the game of them forever.

Unfortunately there is no magic fix to this issue, but we are actively working on more ways to combat them and we are seeing progress.

We know it's frustrating to see, but while we can't share details please understand we are doing a lot behind the scenes.

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207420056-Why-Can-t-I-Send-Mail-To-Other-Players-

On the Blade and Soul website, in the support page it says that we  can send mail to our alternate characters on the same account without restriction and this information is false and useless. there is no info about how we can do it, besides I think there is no way to do the same right now. This need to be fixed please!

4 hours ago, MadMage said:

I don't even know why this would be a rage-worthy issue; it's blatantly anti-consumer under the guise of being bot protection. A captcha would have worked just fine. 

Hell, I had premium gifted to me and I can't even access the mail. I do not intend to spend a penny myself unless this sort of nonsense is fixed. 

I highly doubt they're botting when they send the gold to their buyer/warehouse char, and thus a capcha would be pointless.

1 hour ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

Ill tell you 2 simple solutions : 1. Raise the *cricket*ing block limit and 2. Create a muting system for spam. Is it that hard?

4 minutes ago, Rudi said:

2. Create a muting system for spam. Is it that hard?

I think that's what annoys me most.  Been a while since I did much with regex searches, but any message to a "broadcast" chat with

\. *[cC] *[oO0] *[mM]

should be silently muted.  And that's just an obvious/basic starting point.

There is a way to keep it free and payful. Just make it to where you can send 3-5 mails a day and then if you want to mail more you would have to pay simple and it wouldn't hurt us either with the golders since the mail rate is low per day.

1 hour ago, Rudi said:

Ill tell you 2 simple solutions : 1. Raise the *cricket*ing block limit and 2. Create a muting system for spam. Is it that hard?

There would be new bots spamming every day, muting a few does nothing. I don't see any problem how it currently is to prevent gold seller spam

Damn.  So much crying.

Support the game with a minimal amount and get what you want.

A solution already exists to the dilemma and you help keep the servers running, devs getting paid, etc.

Don't like it?  Continue crying and spending effort trying to get 'something that should be free to be free' and be summarily overruled by NCSoft.  Restaurants don't care if a customer who comes in and wants a glass of water leaves without spending any money.  They're not a paying customer.  They aren't keeping the lights on or the staff paid.  The paying customers who are getting a burger and fries are the ones keeping wheels moving.  If they have a problem, they have a bargaining position: monetary compensation.  

Someone who brings nothing to the table has nothing to bargain with. 

Archived