Not gonna pay for mail system......

AshleyZX

The more I play the more I lose the faith and Im sure Im not the only one

First the game tells me that i have to be lvl 15 or more to use it: FINE! I can live with that... But then it tells me that i have to pay for it.... This is the first time i encounter such lie in an mmorpg
Im always more than happy to put some $$$ into a game that gives me joy and a good time, but after this is very hard to put my trust in this game now

PD Edit: Im not talking or care about fees! I can't even get mad about them since i can't use the mail system to start with!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you serious? This is going to be the thing that sets you off? 

Its just the fee to pay for instant delivery when you get mail from someone or from selling an item. A ton of games use mail systems where you need to locate a mailbox in order to acquire items that are sent to you. In this game it lets you receive them without having to find one.

If you hadn't figured it out though, you can go to the dragon trader, the person who can store your items in a vault, you can talk to him/her to receive the mail without paying for it. 

I think its best you research before you jump to conclusion.

The problem is not in receiving mail. The problem is that it say you have to make at least 1 NCOIN transaction if you want to send mail. So if you want to send mail you have to spend real money Haven't seen something like this in any other MMO.

8 minutes ago, skydevil10 said:

Its just the fee to pay for instant delivery when you get mail from someone or from selling an item. A ton of games use mail systems where you need to locate a mailbox in order to acquire items that are sent to you. In this game it lets you receive them without having to find one.

If you hadn't figured it out though, you can go to the dragon trader, the person who can store your items in a vault, you can talk to him/her to receive the mail without paying for it. 

If you brain is damaged and you cant think before you talk...even in the dragon trader, the person who can store your items in a vault, does not let you send mails if you dont charge your account with ncoins.....

14 minutes ago, Madmarvels said:

Go to the dragon trader, the guy/gal who stores your items in the vault, and click mail on the bottom left. Problem solved.

10 minutes ago, skydevil10 said:

I'm assuming OP is talking about needing to buy  Ncoin to be able to send mail. Which I agree, is a bit ridiculous 

19 minutes ago, AshleyZX said:

The more i play the more im ready to leave and im sure im not the only one

First the game tells me that i have to be lvl 15 or more to use it: FINE! I can live with that... But then it tells me that i have to pay for it.... This is the first time i encounter such lie in an mmorpg
Im always more than happy to put some $$$ into a game that gives me joy and a good time, but after this is very hard to put my trust in this game now

Dude if this is what is going to make you leave Please leave already theree a far worst thing to be worried right now. You dont have to pay if you dont want to and it makes sense. If you dont want to pay then just to to the bankeeper acces the marketplace and boom you got it for free. At the end you need to talk to him in order to sell something anyways.

Ugh... so many mental kids....

I DONT GIVE A SHEIT ABOUT FEES!! The problem is that i can't send mail or anything to my alt characters or a friend that is far from me and that i have to pay
real money for such a BASIC element inside any other mmorpg games.

Do you get it now? or need some drawings?

For the rest of the people that agrees, knows how to read and understood, thanks

4 hours ago, Vishimtar said:

Wah wah wah.  A lot of games are forcing a 1 time purchase to use mail and such.  It's to keep the gold spammer abuse down, and it works.  Buy the cheapest package once, and quit bellyaching.

Name one F2P or B2P game that isn't pure trash that does it. 

Hell, not even SWTOR does that and EA goes out of its way to either for you into a subscription or to use the cash shop. 

I did not know this. Guess I will not be sending mail anytime soon.

They are going to have convince me to pay any money for this games besides the $25 I paid so far. Otherwise I just stay with the free option and move on when it start to annoy me.

1 hour ago, AshleyZX said:

Ugh... so many mental kids....

I DONT GIVE A SHEIT ABOUT FEES!! The problem is that i can't send mail or anything to my alt characters or a friend that is far from me and that i have to pay
real money for such a BASIC element inside any other mmorpg games.

Do you get it now? or need some drawings?

For the rest of the people that agrees, knows how to read and understood, thanks

Then add a little clarity to your post. Clearly state what the exact feature you were talking about is, not what you said in your original post because as you now know, it's easy to misunderstand an unclear post. Saying "Having to pay real money to mail stuff to your characters is bullshit" is much easier to understand.

This is just silly, perhaps it's to help fight against gold sellers which obviously isn't working but even still, you can spend as little as $5 on Ncoin and be done with it. I understand this game is free to play and that not everyone has money to spend but $5 is nothing. If anyone enjoys the game then why not spend some money to support the game rather than just play for free while everyone else supports the game. I know free players help fill out the player base but it's not entirely uncommon for a f2p mmo wanting people to spend $5 minimum to unlock certain features.

5 hours ago, Vishimtar said:

Wah wah wah.  A lot of games are forcing a 1 time purchase to use mail and such.  It's to keep the gold spammer abuse down, and it works.  Buy the cheapest package once, and quit bellyaching.

Are you *cricket*ing insane?  Charging people to use an ingame system, such as mail, just to keep gold spammers at bay is a lazy ass attempt as solving a problem.  The fact that you are saying its not a big deal, is a big deal.

well if u cant use mail...cant u just...yanno...trade the items to said person or said person can help you trade it to the alt lmao

its cheaper too??? uh??? like sending mail even when you can costs in game money. i guess they just implemented this cus i sent mail fine earlier a few days back.

1 hour ago, teriburgame said:

Name one F2P or B2P game that isn't pure trash that does it. 

Hell, not even SWTOR does that and EA goes out of its way to either for you into a subscription or to use the cash shop. 

Actually you can't send mail on SWTOR unless you make at least one purchase or have subbed for at least one month, unless they changed it recently, which I doubt. It's not unheard of in games, though it's very unusual in games that are completely f2p.

12 minutes ago, Southbeatz said:

This is just silly, perhaps it's to help fight against gold sellers which obviously isn't working but even still, you can spend as little as $5 on Ncoin and be done with it. I understand this game is free to play and that not everyone has money to spend but $5 is nothing. If anyone enjoys the game then why not spend some money to support the game rather than just play for free while everyone else supports the game. I know free players help fill out the player base but it's not entirely uncommon for a f2p mmo wanting people to spend $5 minimum to unlock certain features.

Charging for essential feature is a shit way to monetize your F2P game.  People will ALWAYS have issues with that sort of Shite.  Offering cosmetic things people generally have no issues with.  What alternate dimension did you get shit out of?

7 minutes ago, Sobereign said:

well if u cant use mail...cant u just...yanno...trade the items to said person or said person can help you trade it to the alt lmao

its cheaper too??? uh??? like sending mail even when you can costs in game money. i guess they just implemented this cus i sent mail fine earlier a few days back.

Can't trade items to yourself.

1 hour ago, Madmarvels said:

Then add a little clarity to your post. Clearly state what the exact feature you were talking about is, not what you said in your original post because as you now know, it's easy to misunderstand an unclear post. Saying "Having to pay real money to mail stuff to your characters is bullshit" is much easier to understand.

Im pretty sure that by saying that the game says that "Your character needs to be level 15+ to use the mail system." and then asking money for it
without any further explanation is kinda obvious  :(

I never said anything like "DAMN the fees for using mail are insane" or anything like that.... Sometimes people just read whatever they want.

4 minutes ago, Spratchet said:

It's not a bug.

Just for reference, it actually may be a bug, since you are supposed to be able to send mail to your alts, at least according to their website,  and they are investigating it:

On 1/22/2016 at 0:05 AM, omeed said:

Hey there - I just sent this over to be investigated. We have to figure out if the game is wrong or the website is wrong. :)

Archived