Crybabies. Crybabies Everywhere.

Voretechz

The only place I have seen more crying children is at the local daycare.

"Boo hoo, I am playing a free game and not spending money and I think I am entitled to everything. I Quit!"
"PvP is broken! But I don't want to take the time to learn what I am doing!" 
"Queue times are too long! Why should I have to pay for premium!?"

Seriously. No one cares. Man up, or move out. 

9 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

"Boo hoo, I am playing a free game and not spending money and I think I am entitled to everything. I Quit!"

What about the paid members who thought the premium queue would be much better, bought into it, and are now stuck waiting half an hour to play anyway? What about premium members who bought it just because they enjoyed the game but are now suffering from the same kind of queue issues? You're whole post falls apart when you take into account that this free to play game has a paid membership and many features locked behind it, so way more than a few players are actually free, but you obviously didn't. You have no idea how server management works so you're whining about people whining over a situation that could have easily been solved by two options that staff chose not to go with so they could save some extra cash.

• Increase server sizes: There is no logical reason besides saving money as to why adding three additional servers was done instead of this.
  • Merge all the servers into one big one: This would take more time to do than the first option, but due to character names being bound to all servers it should be a painless process that would completely solve this dilemma. Any further capacity issues could easily be remedied by increasing the server size of this giant server if it eventually has problems. It may be more work to maintain but this would ultimately solve the problem. 
  • Permanently allow server transfers: If it's such a big deal having this feature, make it a paid service. I'd pay for it since I don't want to waste who knows how many hours trying to grind a second Destroyer so I can be able to play when I want to, and I won't. I'd rather just just find something else to do, it's what I usually do when I see the queue. 

Them trying to make profit out of a "free to play" game is understandable and completely respectable. Them choosing to band-aid problems to save a quick buck when they already made a lot of cash off of people buying founders backs alone is not.

3 minutes ago, Rave said:

What about the paid members who thought the premium queue would be much better, bought into it, and are now stuck waiting half an hour to play anyway? What about premium members who bought it just because they enjoyed the game but are now suffering from the same kind of queue issues? You're whole post falls apart when you take into account that this free to play game has a paid membership and many features locked behind it, so way more than a few players are actually free, but you obviously didn't. You have no idea how server management works so you're whining about people whining over a situation that could have easily been solved by two options that staff chose not to go with so they could save some extra cash.

• Increase server sizes: There is no logical reason besides saving money as to why adding three additional servers was done instead of this.
  • Merge all the servers into one big one: This would take more time to do than the first option, but due to character names being bound to all servers it should be a painless process that would completely solve this dilemma. Any further capacity issues could easily be remedied by increasing the server size of this giant server if it eventually has problems. It may be more work to maintain but this would ultimately solve the problem. 
  • Permanently allow server transfers: If it's such a big deal having this feature, make it a paid service. I'd pay for it since I don't want to waste who knows how many hours trying to grind a second Destroyer so I can be able to play when I want to, and I won't. I'd rather just just find something else to do, it's what I usually do when I see the queue. 

Them trying to make profit out of a "free to play" game is understandable and completely respectable. Them choosing to band-aid problems to save a quick buck when they already made a lot of cash off of people buying founders backs alone is not.

Smartest person on these forums^

17 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

I think you have issues that you need to sort out.

Do you even understand the irony of your post?

No? Well let me explain...It's funny because you are being a cry-baby.

Complaining about people complaining is still...you guessed it...complaining.

23 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

If you do not like it, you should play a P2P game.
You're playing a F2P game, suck it up and stop crying about people crying.

Just now, Lagging said:

This free to play game had over capacity issues during the early access days that were only accessible to people who paid for it. That alone proves that there too many people paying for all kinds of things in this game to simply think of it as a majority free player base. It invalidates that excuse, stop using it.

20 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

Well i guess you are just like them hahahah! Maybe you dont care but the reality is Premium is not that much of a difference and the queue time should have to be that high! before i was Premium i was 5400 something to get to play the game. I have never seen i queue as bad as this server and not to mention this is not a brand new game and is the only version with such a delays an problems. FYI the game have tons of problem right now! First you cant even install the game properly then we have the queue times, the game keeps crashing for a lot of people just to get back to queue. Why dont you grow a brain first then try to understand why people are so upset. 

Stop treating this games as if is a brand new game form 2015 this game came out 2009-2010. NCsoft was clearly unprepared for what was coming out. Have you been reading the forum lately? Support is actually telling people to check the forums to fix the errors they themselves have created a log for and on top of that you cannot even report the event to them because the launcher keeps telling you event report was failed.  

Sorry for my grammar! ESL

29 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

LOLOL I love it. So true!

Some people just expect too much and then again, you just can't please everyone! It's a good thing that the majority of people are in game actually playing, not here on the forums crying.

as a competetive fighting game SSB melee player i can say the pvp is too easy. I don't know how the *cricket* it's an e-sport. It's stunfest rather than using positioning to dodge and skill positioning smartly.

33 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

When games are highly anticipated like this, that tends to happen.

No use complaining about it, even if they're in the wrong. Eventually it'll die out and the valid complaints(if there aren't any already) will pop up.

Wait until then.

15 minutes ago, Rave said:

T

so I shall tell you why 2 of your points are bad 

first increasing server size is not always an option since just throwing processing power at the problem doesn't solve things due a few things like server architecture, how the game is coded and network things.
second see first also if you point at things like EVE online or similar you don't understand how insane the EVE server is for one and second the game was made with that in mind from the get go to handle it and it still has problems with having multiple people in the same solar system without having to resort to some magic.

third thing I can get behind server transfers its just going to be slow like a whole day or something between when you do it and when  your character goes there and probably not with many items.

36 minutes ago, Rave said:

The queue is much better for premium members. Would you rather have a 3000 person wait? My server is locked and I have a 5 second wait with premium.
You obviously have no idea how server systems work because (example) if half the server is premium, guess what!? There is still going to be a long queue because half the server is still on the same queue.
Of course they are going to lock stuff behind a pay wall for premium, if they didn't give incentives, no one would pay for it and they wouldn't make money and the game would die. Do you think a game can survive off selling like 10 costumes and some consumables? lol
-Increasing server sizes only makes queues longer for everyone and stresses the servers further, why would you do that? Making new servers is the best option.
-See above. Jamming tens of thousands of people into one server is a horrible idea. This again proves you know nothing about server stability.
-I don't know why are they not allowing transfers. I agree with you here. It is stupid. There is no defending that.

21 minutes ago, Lagging said:

This is the most stupid argument I have ever heard. 
You are basically backing up a bunch of whiny pansies and giving them a microphone to complain about stupid things.
You would think this was the first time an MMORPG was released the way people act so surprised.
People who do not contribute to a game have no right to complain about it.

7 minutes ago, Lathuc said:

so I shall tell you why 2 of your points are bad 

first increasing server size is not always an option since just throwing processing power at the problem doesn't solve things due a few things like server architecture, how the game is coded and network things.
second see first also if you point at things like EVE online or similar you don't understand how insane the EVE server is for one and second the game was made with that in mind from the get go to handle it and it still has problems with having multiple people in the same solar system without having to resort to some magic.

I never said it was, but I was taking into account the management that be required to do it and after. This isn't a brand new game. The original version as well as the others has been out for years and has never had server problems to date (I played the Korean version). As for the EVE online thing; this game was also obviously intended to be able to handel this much members, as it was able to in all of the other versions without stutter. Maybe the EVE staff actually made the capacity really high but the so didn't have the proper architecture? That's besides the point though. The game literally had capacity issues during PBE (rarely) and early access (us paid members). They were either ill-prepared even with the early notices they got or just completely cheaping out on these solutions. Once again, the Korean version never had these kinds of issues and it was just as anticipated during it's release there as this was.

10 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

The queue is much better for premium members. Would you rather have a 3000 person wait?

Don't recall saying it isn't.

11 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

You obviously have no idea how server systems work because (example) if half the server is premium, guess what!? There is still going to be a long queue because half the server is still on the same queue.

Sorry, but I fail to see how this shows that I have no idea how servers work. Membership does not factor into the architecture of, coding, and what not of server hosting. I xcould get into an argument with you about the point I think you're trying to make but it's meaningless, it means nothing to this problem.

12 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

Of course they are going to lock stuff behind a pay wall for premium, if they didn't give incentives, no one would pay for it and they wouldn't make money and the game would die.

My point clearly went way over your head about it being perfectly acceptable for them to try to make profit out of it, but not when they are making so much profit but also delivering bad service due to either skipping out on spending the extra or just not understanding the solutions. It's obvious you're just mindlessly spouting what you think is right, but I've already gotten this far with your post... so...

14 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

-Increasing server sizes only makes queues longer for everyone and stresses the servers further, why would you do that?

>Increase the server sizes makes queue longer
>Increases capacity will somehow make it harder to get in
Yeah, I guess I won't continue with you.

10 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

This is the most stupid argument I have ever heard. 
You are basically backing up a bunch of whiny pansies and giving them a microphone to complain about stupid things.
You would think this was the first time an MMORPG was released the way people act so surprised.
People who do not contribute to a game have no right to complain about it.

It's basically what YOU'RE saying thrown back at you. "If you don't like it, stop crying and leave." That is why it sounds stupid.

You're calling out crybabies by being a crybaby. You made your own thread to do that. It's funny.

46 minutes ago, Lorleyan said:

I think you have issues that you need to sort out.

Do you even understand the irony of your post?

No? Well let me explain...It's funny because you are being a cry-baby.

Complaining about people complaining is still...you guessed it...complaining.

In that case then you are also crying about crying...
Moron. XD

2 minutes ago, Lagging said:

It's basically what YOU'RE saying thrown back at you. "If you don't like it, stop crying and leave." That is why it sounds stupid.

You're calling out crybabies by being a crybaby. You made your own thread to do that. It's funny.

I am pointing out observations and giving people advice. How is that being a crybaby?

Archived